CANADA Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's there. On the right, you can see the trees and the post where police later placed a sign "reserved for Health Unit". This place is so out in the open. What is this "Greenhawk" place? I can only see the work 'supplies'. I hope they have surveillance.

Greenhawk Harness & Equestrian

It is a store.

Yes, it's there. On the right, you can see the trees and the post where police later placed a sign "reserved for Health Unit". This place is so out in the open. What is this "Greenhawk" place? I can only see the work 'supplies'. I hope they have surveillance.

The Police didn't place the sign "Reserved For Health Unit"
There is a health unit located there and that is their reserved parking area

Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health
71 Broadway
Orangeville, ON
L9W 1K1

If this is Sonia, how does anyone think this happened? Take her and her car and move her to another car in this parking spot behind the Greenhawk store? Did he go to Beech Grove sideroad and then go to the alley with her car? The car was spotted on the Monday morning I think, (in the alley by the store owner?) Someone must have seen something that morning back there, there are so many businesses. How weird to go to such an isolated place and leave a car in a very public place, in whichever order it occurred.

The Police didn't place the sign "Reserved For Health Unit"
There is a health unit located there and that is their reserved parking area

Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health
71 Broadway
Orangeville, ON
L9W 1K1

Oh, thank you. :blushing:

If this is Sonia, how does anyone think this happened? Take her and her car and move her to another car in this parking spot behind the Greenhawk store? Did he go to Beech Grove sideroad and then go to the alley with her car? The car was spotted on the Monday morning I think, (in the alley by the store owner?) Someone must have seen something that morning back there, there are so many businesses. How weird to go to such an isolated place and leave a car in a very public place, in whichever order it occurred.

I think the perp used her car to take her to Beech Grove then dumped the car downtown. I think the perp might be familiar with where he dumped the car. They put it in a place where it was going to be easily found, and left trunk and doors open which drew even more attention to it. I still do not understand why he did all this. Why not leave her in the home. A huge risk they took so early in the morning. This perps stupidity is going to get him caught.

I think the perp used her car to take her to Beech Grove then dumped the car downtown. I think the perp might be familiar with where he dumped the car. They put it in a place where it was going to be easily found, and left trunk and doors open which drew even more attention to it. I still do not understand why he did all this. Why not leave her in the home. A huge risk they took so early in the morning. This perps stupidity is going to get him caught.

Did he want her money so take her to a bank machine? Did he want pharmaceuticals (she worked at a pharmaceutical firm in Mississauga). Did he want sex but took her somewhere else to do it? But her sheets are missing. There was blood in the home. Why move her to another spot? A murder-suicide that didn't happen as planned? (in response to why the car was dumped and displayed the way it was). Maybe the perp was surprised by someone and fled from the car, leaving it the way it was found. Still, why leave the car there? Is that public health place next to the Greenhawk store a place where people can get medicine like methadone or other rehab type drugs?

EDIT: I just found info about the health centre and it doens't seem to be a rehab center and is a general community health center.

I think the perp had his car or truck parked where Sonia's car was found
and he transferred the body to his vehicle and then dropped her off on Beechgrove road.

He wouldn't want to be driving around with blood spots on the car

I think he was in a real hurry and that was why the doors and trunk was open.

Not sure if he went along Highway 9 as the maps show or whether he went south on 10 and then across.

I found this map of Cell Towers in the Orangeville area:

http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/...79.990594&zoom=13&type=roadmap&layers=a&pid=0

attachment.php

Would it be possible to get all of the pings from these towers during a given period of time and use this info to single out one cell phone and find the guilty party?
This assumes the killer was panicked enough to forget that their cell phone was on and with them at the time.
Just a thought I had last night.

Attachments

• OrangevilleCellTowers.jpg
    OrangevilleCellTowers.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 207
I'm really puzzled as to why both front doors and the trunk were open and left open. It also disturbs me that "the neighbour" who heard the screams at 3am didn't find it important enough to call it in at the time, but after the fact calls it in for his/her 5 minutes of fame.

Autopsy today on remains found near Orangeville, Ont.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...topsy-orangeville-100906/20100906?hub=Toronto

An autopsy will be conducted today on the remains found Sunday in a rural area near Orangeville, Ont., where a woman has been missing for a week.

Police have said it is too early to link the remains to the disappearance of Sonia Varaschin, a 42-year-old nurse who was reported missing when she didn't show up for work early last week.

However, investigators said on Sunday they have spoken to Varaschin's family about the discovery.

Not everyone owns a cell phone.

I for one don't have one.

Yeah, my two best friends don't have cell phones or a computer, so I can certainly understand that.
I guess I was thinking of this post from mantou:

http://www.torontosun.com/news/columnists/joe_warmington/2010/09/05/15255841.html

“The killer’s smartest move would be to contact a lawyer and have them contact the OPP,” said Mendelson, now of Mark Mendelson Consulting Inc."

snip...

"The autopsy, as well as other forensics, will be of great assistance — as will the killer’s electronic shadow.

“How many times a day are we on camera?” asks Mendelson. “You can be sure they have already been checking cell phone records, credit cards, debit transactions, looking at video and ATM machines, gas stations, parking lots and tire tracks. This is laborious work, but it will get done.”

Mendelson believes that the killer could be following the news diligently: If the killer is reading this, turn yourself in now. The police will eventually find you. You have made mistakes and they will be discovered.

Just thinking of ways technology could trap this .

"The autopsy, as well as other forensics, will be of great assistance — as will the killer’s electronic shadow.

todays technology will tell alot of tales...video cameras and cell phones have been used in many cases...I'm sure it won't be long to nail this person!

This story from the Globe and Mail insinuates that the perp took her car to the scene and returned it to Orangeville after he dumped her body.

He said the removal of a bed sheet suggests the culprit was disposing of evidence. He or she is believed to have left Ms. Varaschin’s house in her car and then returned to Orangeville with it later.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...emains-found-near-orangeville/article1696818/

By reading the following statement it almost says that the remains are
that of Sonia.

((((It is believed the assailant drove Varaschin out of town in her own car, then returned to the parkette area and dumped the vehicle.)))

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/857184--dimanno-a-chilling-find-but-no-end-to-family-s-wait

That could also account for the doors and trunk being left open as the perp
did a wipe down of the car to get rid of his prints.

Thanks Valleyboy, I found the same info in another article and posted at the same time.

Apparently, the owner of the property had a sleepover that night and parents had problems getting to his house to pick up their kids because of the road block. Weird. That's when he found out about the remains.

Alfaz Zaban, who owns the land where the body was found, said he didn’t notice anything was amiss until parents of his children’s friends arrived to pick them up from a sleepover at his house and noticed the road was blocked off.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...emains-found-near-orangeville/article1696818/

Some are reporting the autopsy is today and others are saying the autopsy is tomorrow. I am sure the family already knows if it is her or not but for some reason the police do not want to release information to the public until after the autopsy.

I wonder if they want to move in on the murderer before they release information.

Some are reporting the autopsy is today and others are saying the autopsy is tomorrow. I am sure the family already knows if it is her or not but for some reason the police do not want to release information to the public until after the autopsy.
I wonder if they want to move in on the murderer before they release information.

it is standard protocal that LE have 100% id on a victim before releasing this info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23