NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG Fort Bragg! I didn't realize it was that close. I was just reading a little while ago about the types of people who buy children for sex, and military was one of the types.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6423636/

ground search btwn the hotel and fayetteville... hmmmm
This is confusing ~ why would LE be conducting a ground search between Fayetteville & Sanford when Shaniya was last seen in Sanford ~ unless they believe something happened at the motel and McNeill disposed of her body somewhere on his way back to Fayetteville?? If she was left at the motel, why would they be looking for her on the route McNeill would've taken to get back to Fayetteville? :waitasec: MOO

This is confusing ~ why would LE be conducting a ground search between Fayetteville & Sanford when Shaniya was last seen in Sanford ~ unless they believe something happened at the motel and McNeill disposed of her body somewhere on his way back to Fayetteville?? If she was left at the motel, why would they be looking for her on the route McNeill would've taken to get back to Fayetteville? :waitasec: MOO

I agree, I think it's strange. I guess they are either covering all their bases, or someone is talking.

OK I am confused now. This is a ground search and lake located between the MH and the motel? Why would they think they'd find Shaniya back in that direction?
That's what I can't figure out unless they believe she is deceased. I know we heard last night on Geraldo's show that the dogs hit on towels found in the motel room but I haven't heard anything else found in there. MOO

I wonder if the 2 women with the Dad at the presser are fiance and maybe his daughter? The one on the right looks younger like maybe she could be his daughter or stepdaughter? Just a thought.

I believe that the woman on the left is his sister. Don't know about the other one....could be daughter?????

Somewhere it was stated that one of the women (I'm assuming the older one) was Shaniya's aunt - I think it's on the link to the video but I'll go check. So it must be the dad's sister, I'm assuming.

Reports of LE's one-time theory of a prostitution ring would sure seem to conflict on the surface w more recent reports of "ground searches" what gives... I'd believed the chances of Shaniya being alive were greater while discussing yesterday the motivation for keeping alive "human cargo" (sorry), but ground searches sound like they may have revised their working theory? :confused: :prayer:

:parrot:

Well I've been thinking that something went wrong that AD called LE so soon after McNeill left with Shaniya. Could McNeill have found out that AD screwed up, knew the heat would be on, and got rid of the 'evidence'?

Or did he go to the hotel to clean her up/change her appearance, and then take her along this route to the next person in the chain, or to the final customer? She could have been sold locally.

Cleaning her up before delivering her to a local customer makes sense to me, especially if they were going to pay a large amount for her.

MOO/speculating

I think that scenario does cover trafficking as well. "According to arrest documents cited by the newspaper, Davis "knowingly provide(d) Shaniya Davis with the intent that she be held in sexual servitude" and she "permit(ted) an act of prostitution."

"Knowingly provided with the intent she be held in sexual servitude" would apply if she handed the child over to him and he took her into a bedroom for sex. The prostitution charge would cover taking payment. Also, she "permitted AN act of prostitution". That means an act of prostitution that has ALREADY taken place - not acts that may take place in the future. See what I mean?

I understand what you are saying CG. So instead of this involving some huge international child sex ring thing, this could be (equally sickening...but...) as simple and 'close to home' as the mother selling her to just this one man to have his way with, period. I just don't get the whole motel thing, if that is the case.

Reports of LE's theory of a prostitution ring would sure seem to conflict on the surface w the other reports we're hearing of "ground searches..." What gives... I'd believed the chances of Shaniya being alive were greater when we discussed yesterday the motivation for keeping alive "human cargo" (sorry), but ground searches sound like they may have revised their working theory? :confused: :prayer:

Did LE specifically say prostitution ring? Because from what I'm picking up, it looks like individual pedophiles may be more common customers for very young children. (I have no statistics to support that, it's just my impression so far. MOO)

That's what I can't figure out unless they believe she is deceased. I know we heard last night on Geraldo's show that the dogs hit on towels found in the motel room but I haven't heard anything else found in there. MOO

I am sorry if this has been answered before, had to take a break from this and speakers are not working. Do you know type of dogs "hit" on something in the motel room? As in cadaver or search.

TIA

I think that scenario does cover trafficking as well. "According to arrest documents cited by the newspaper, Davis "knowingly provide(d) Shaniya Davis with the intent that she be held in sexual servitude" and she "permit(ted) an act of prostitution."

"Knowingly provided with the intent she be held in sexual servitude" would apply if she handed the child over to him and he took her into a bedroom for sex. The prostitution charge would cover taking payment. Also, she "permitted AN act of prostitution". That means an act of prostitution that has ALREADY taken place - not acts that may take place in the future. See what I mean?

I do see what you're saying but I wonder if there is a separate charges for single acts of prostituting your child vs selling them in the form of human trafficking. Anyone have a reference to NC law? I think if she was sold only to MAM, then unfortunately she's likely no longer alive... If she was sold to a pedophile ring, then she's probably alive b/c she's a commodity. MOO.

from http://fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/15/952410

Shaniya's mother, Antoinette Nicole Davis, 25, was charged at 9:12 p.m. Saturday with human trafficking, felony child abuse - prostitution, filing a false police report, and resisting, delaying or obstructing justice.

Please everybody - remember to use initials for people surrounding this case and link to the articles where they are mentioned.

Many of these folks will be innocent bystanders, so to speak, and we do not want their names plastered all over the web.

Thanks,

Salem

Whether it's a large or small scale HT outfit or individual buyer the risk of being caught with her is too great. If they aren't going to let her go they will have to get rid of her to try and avoid detection.

OKay, I have tried, but can't sit on my hands anymore.. my self imposed time out isn't working at all!
I am furious over the thought that this so called mother could do this to her child..just flat furious..:furious:

My question now is the convictions of those who do..how much time do they get for selling their children to this industry? One would think that this would be a charge of attempted murder no matter if the child is harmed or not..
Seriously, if someone gets into a car and intends to run someone over, they are charged with attempted murder, so if a parent can sell their children to such an industry knowing the dangers, why are they not charged with attempted murder?
What really fries what is left of the kindness I have for parents these days is the simple fact that now this child will more than likely be killed and well hidden just because some screwed up woman had to call the police and report this child missing. Now, the industry has to be saved and in order to do so, they have to rid of the evidence..
I just don't understand how so many people in this world cannot be blessed with the love of a child, and how so many people choose to just sell off, murder, and trash their children like no one cares..

I am so mad about this..I know many of you are here too, and it feels like right now all I can do is scream inside because no one listens anymore..our judicial system is too busy getting those who are into the fraud cases on wall street, bailing out all these stupid banks, and every minute a child is snatched, killed, sold for drugs and sex.... What is our world coming to?

:rant:

I know many will not agree with what I am about to say, and tomorrow I may not even agree with it myself but right now, I would love for everyone who does any harm to a child be punished in the same way they chose to inflict .:banghead:

So the ground search being done is perhaps from tips that are coming in or of something MAM said.
This is really pizzin me off !
These scumbags could be saying they sold her yada, yada, yada to perhaps cover the fact that maybe he killed Shaniya and lead them off in another direction or visa versa..did that make any sense ?

I am sure LE is covering all possible ground, they have no choice at this point....

Last night I couldn't even find words. What haunts me is the "mother" who would deliver her own daughter into such torment and fear. I could never bear the grief of being parted from my own child her age, or of not knowing whether I'd ever see her beautiful face or smell her fragrant curls again... much less the responsibility for subjecting mine--or any other child--to horrors such as these. I would lay down my very life to protect my daughter from any harm. It's a despicable, cowardly, loathesome and vile act to even expose a child to something which robs them of innocence. But someone please tell me, how does someone deliver their own precious child into the hands of ruthless evildoers... and just walk away.

I don't even know Shaniya and my heart was already broken for the filthiness--and carelessness--to which she'd already been exposed. But it's now shattered for the savagery and degradation she now faces and the danger this baby is in.

Please JESUS You see EVERYTHING nothing is hidden from you... shield little Shaniya from those who would misuse her, bathe her in your bright light, and close Shaniya's ears and eyes to any evil that would try to permeate her sweet spirit. Please take away her fears and keep her mind in Your perfect PEACE. As you rock her gently in your loving arms, thank you for enveloping her in a warm fresh blanket of innocence... in your name we pray AMEN.
:prayer:

I couldn't help but cry after reading your post. Just this morning my daughter and I (she's 18) disagreed about something. I know she is considered an adult now, but I still worry about her. I worry about her alone driving at night, going out of town, and many other things. No matter how old they are, you never stop worring. I also have a 17 yr old girl and a 16 yr old boy, and I'm ALWAYS concerned about them and where they are and WHO they are with or around!

I bolded your post because I pray too and for ALL the children out there.

Whether it's a large or small scale HT outfit or individual buyer the risk of being caught with her is too great. If they aren't going to let her go they will have to get rid of her to try and avoid detection.

I'm so afraid you are correct because Shaniya is a smart little girl and can tell what happened and who did what..............
I'm so afraid for her life right now.
She is in high danger any way you think of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88