Daily Updates- Mon - Sept. 8, 2008 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
In some of the same press reports cited above (concerning the alleged fight between Cindy and Casey in June), there is also a mention of potential future bail efforts:

The article doesn't mention how much additional money is set aside. I wonder if it would cover bail for a full-blown murder charge?

If/when she gets charged with "murder" or any of the stemming charges that could come from that, *if* she gets bail (and more than likely she will) it will be in the range of 5-25 million. Even at 25 million, that's only $250k that they have to come up with -- and um, they just got $1m for the photos and video on 20/20.

That's interesting about the money set aside though! God, I'm addicted -- I've been chomping at the bit all day to get home from work and read what's been going on. Seems I didn't miss much.

I'm not sure if it's been clearly posted before but....below here is the video of the George and Cindy's confrontations with the 2 protesters which will result in charges against George. I was surprised that each of George, Cindy and Lee speak and act out here and I think it's very telling about the attitudes of the various Anthonys. Especially with Lee dismissing the folks there as "uneducated",

Bumping this down for the link to the incident report
Thank you for this link. FYI, I called both of the protesters. I left a message for Patricia voicing my support. I then called the other protester, Larry, and spoke with his Mom. Larry's Mom indicates that Patricia (65 years old) and Larry (33 years old) didn't know each other before the incident. But both of them have been part of the search and rescue team looking for Caylee and have spent a lot of time searching for Caylee. I asked her to relay my thanks to Larry for his volunteer search efforts and for speaking out. Patricia will be on Nancy Grace tonight and Larry will be on tomorrow.

In some of the same press reports cited above (concerning the alleged fight between Cindy and Casey in June), there is also a mention of potential future bail efforts:

The article doesn't mention how much additional money is set aside. I wonder if it would cover bail for a full-blown murder charge?

I didn't think judges gave bail for murder charges? Or is that just the Midwest? I'm assuming you are a lawyer, can you give us the scoop?

If/when she gets charged with "murder" or any of the stemming charges that could come from that, *if* she gets bail (and more than likely she will) it will be in the range of 5-25 million. Even at 25 million, that's only $250k that they have to come up with -- and um, they just got $1m for the photos and video on 20/20.

That's interesting about the money set aside though! God, I'm addicted -- I've been chomping at the bit all day to get home from work and read what's been going on. Seems I didn't miss much.

A 25 million dollar bond would require 2.5 million dollars. The 1 million from the photos wouldn't cover it, even when added to the other million for the book/movie rights.

Hopefully when the charges are filed there will just be NO BAIL, period.

I didn't think judges gave bail for murder charges? Or is that just the Midwest? I'm assuming you are a lawyer, can you give us the scoop?
Hi. A Florida judge can allow bail and though it's rare, it's been allowed even for defendants accused of 1st degree murder.

(Edited to add: just in case someone asks, examples of 1st degree murder defendants who have gotten bail in Florida include Mary Winkler - the gal accused of murdering her pastor hubby. She posted 750K bond.)

I would appreciate if someone could verify the following dates:

1. The date Cindy Anthony washed Casey's grey pants that "smelled like the car;" and
2. The date that Casey was first arrested on child neglect charges and the date she returned to the Anthony house after being bonded out of jail (the first time).

Thanks.

Just a heads up. I have quite a few friends on myspace that made Caylee pages. They are getting deleted RAPIDLY. The rumor on myspace is that someone from the A's clan is contacting myspace and getting them deleted "out of the respect of the family." All the myspace that I have seen deleted were not anti Casey at all. They were tributes or help find Caylee myspaces. Wonder who has that much time on their hands to sit and click on EVERY myspace page that has Caylee's name or picture?????? hmmmmmmm jmo

Hi. A Florida judge can allow bail and though it's rare, it's been allowed even for defendants accused of 1st degree murder.

(Edited to add: just in case someone asks, examples of 1st degree murder defendants who have gotten bail in Florida include Mary Winkler - the gal accused of murdering her pastor hubby. She posted 750K bond.)
Correcting myself here. I think Mary Winkler got bail in Tennessee where she was tried. I did a quick search for Florida and it seems to back up the idea that while rare, a judge can order bail on a murder charge. See for example, this link . In addition to that link, I know the astronaut defendant was granted bail on an ATTEMPTED MURDER charge (Lisa Nowak).

~Respectfully Snipped

I have already warned once...this thread is only 2 pages long and I have had to deleted close to 40 posts today...come on!

Please stay on topic...this Thread is for DAILY UPDATES.

The purpose is to post updates throughout the day so that people have one place to check. We want to read updates not conversation..there are plenty of threads for that.

You can get banned for taking up to much of the moderators time ya know? - the wink/kiss this time!

The website for the Orange Country Sheriff's Department now has a special page where the reader can see (separately) all the various documents, statements, arrest warrants, search warrants, press releases, etc. that have been provided to either the media or through a Freedom of Information Act request. Links to each are provided in a list that specifies what the document is. I found this page very informative and the search warrant seeking specified objects of Casey's clothes was particularly informative as it has a good recap of the early part of the investigation/lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member