Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya:

Ready for another :rollercoaster: day !

Thank you for the nice clean thread

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

We had a power outage all day yesterday so I was cut off from everything :(
Hope I didn't miss anything interesting

Geffner is due to be back on direct. I hope we get to cross today. I would love if we could get to the brilliant Dr. DeMarte

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-1-15-thru-1-20-Break&p=11407650#post11407650

It was evident that DeMarte's testimony really got under Jodi's skin.
Here was a 32 year old woman (Jodi's age) who had accomplished things. College! Jodi had demeaned her mother for not reading books while she herself was a high school dropout. DeMarte read lots of books. This pretty, accomplished woman was given access to Jodi's private world. Interviewed people who knew her. Then she got up on the stand and told the courtroom and the TV viewers what an empty fraud this murderer is. Jodi's "reputation" went down in flames and you could see her hatred for Dr. DeMarte.

Geffner is due to be back on direct. I hope we get to cross today. I would love if we could get to the brilliant Dr. DeMarte

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-1-15-thru-1-20-Break&p=11407650#post11407650

I wonder if the jury will just tune him out until they get to cross. They've already heard four days of repetitive hogwash. The odds that he will say anything new is zero.

I'd love if it started out like this.
KN (or is it JW): "Let's back up a minute--"
Juan: "Objection. Asked and answered during his week of testimony a month ago."

Missing from the DT's mitigation narrative to date ( this is not intended as snark): an explanation for why JA went to Travis' house that day.

They're putting on a stealth redo case, not too subtly --but also not overtly-- suggesting that she snapped because of who and what Travis was.

But they haven't yet addressed how one snaps from 1,000 miles away, or, how it was she ended up in his house that day, predisposed to snap. The DT's burden is significantly heavier this time around because she's already been convicted on that pesky premeditation thing.

They need a story, and someone to tell it. Geffner? And a replay of how she was guilted into going? But, then what, after she arrives? Or, the murderer with a new twisted story? Only two possible narrators remain.

Good Morning All!
Let me quick put my beef stew on so I can stay glued:loveyou:

It was evident that DeMarte's testimony really got under Jodi's skin.
Here was a 32 year old woman (Jodi's age) who had accomplished things. College! Jodi had demeaned her mother for not reading books while she herself was a high school dropout. DeMarte read lots of books. This pretty, accomplished woman was given access to Jodi's private world. Interviewed people who knew her. Then she got up on the stand and told the courtroom and the TV viewers what an empty fraud this murderer is. Jodi's "reputation" went down in flames and you could see her hatred for Dr. DeMarte.

It was bad enough to start, then it got worse when DeMarte said she'd administered an intelligence test because JA seemed so immature.

Missing from the DT's mitigation narrative to date ( this is not intended as snark): an explanation for why JA went to Travis' house that day.

They're putting on a stealth redo case, not too subtly --but also not overtly-- suggesting that she snapped because of who and what Travis was.

But they haven't yet addressed how one snaps from 1,000 miles away, or, how it was she ended up in his house that day, predisposed to snap. The DT's burden is significantly heavier this time around because she's already been convicted on that pesky premeditation thing.

They need a story, and someone to tell it. Geffner? And a replay of how she was guilted into going? But, then what, after she arrives? Or, the murderer with a new twisted story? Only two possible narrators remain.

Yes! Great observation. I do wonder if it will come up during cross by JM that JA has always claimed it was self defense. It probably will. So if it was self defense, why do we need to take all this mental anguish and snapping into consideration!? I think it's tricky because they can't NOW accept that it was premeditated murder, that would mean saying that the verdict was just and correct and you know that JA (and her parents) have been claiming she's been wrongfully convicted.

Either it was premeditated due to this snapping - which means she planned to shoot and stab him in the cruel matter than she did.
Or
It was self defense and she wasn't in snapping-mode and was perfectly fine mental wise.

They cannot combine the two and I can't wait to see how JM will present this to the jury.

It was bad enough to start, then it got worse when DeMarte said she'd administered an intelligence test because JA seemed so immature.

Talk about immature, Willmott's cross of Dr. DeMarte was embarrassing. Based on the recent sidebar transcripts, JW may be even worse now.

LOL. The fact they went with "Self defense" the first time around was, looking back now, such a stupid move. Did they really believe that had a chance in hell?

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

So ... we are to have 3 full days of court this week, but expect the morning to start off with:

- SideBar ...

- Motion(s) by Nurmi to again drop the DP and no telling what else he and JA dreamed up over the past 5 days ...

- Possible -- witness unavailable ...

- And no telling what else !

Oh, I will be available to post WAT's Tweets.

:seeya: Good Morning, Y'all !

So ... we are to have 3 full days of court this week, but expect the morning to start off with:

- SideBar ...

- Motion(s) by Nurmi to again drop the DP and no telling what else he and JA dreamed up over the past 5 days ...

- Possible -- witness unavailable ...

- And no telling what else !

Oh, I will be available to post WAT's Tweets.

I wonder if JSS has or will demand an answer to the question: "Will your client get back on the stand or not?" :sigh:

I don't share what seems to be the prevailing view of DeMarte as best witness ever , brilliant defense destroyer.

I'm thinking of how the jury might view her, not how I do. The following is about style over substance ...

Its telling that the majority of jurors last time around had no problem with LaViolette. I think that was in large part because of her constant overtures to the jury...she made every effort to connect with them, to be folksy without sounding condesending.

DeMarte presents as obviously brilliant, extremely knowledgeable, and mercifully professional. But....at times she can also sound very mechanical, and at other times, not quite like she's talking down to the jury, but close.

The big difference this time is that she presumably won't be challenged by Willmott about BPD behaviors, given that the DT needs DeMarte to make their BPD case for them.

Happy Birthday dear DGC!!! I hope you have a lovely day! :loveyou::loveyou: :loveyou:

"May health and wealth always be your friends, may good luck and fortune always be by your side, may success and goodwill always be at your beck and call. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday!"

:fireworks: :Happybirthday: :bdsong: :confetti: :cake4u:

I don't share what seems to be the prevailing view of DeMarte as best witness ever , brilliant defense destroyer.

I'm thinking of how the jury might view her, not how I do. The following is about style over substance ...

Its telling that the majority of jurors last time around had no problem with LaViolette. I think that was in large part because of her constant overtures to the jury...she made every effort to connect with them, to be folksy without sounding condesending.

DeMarte presents as obviously brilliant, extremely knowledgeable, and mercifully professional. But....at times she can also sound very mechanical, and at other times, not quite like she's talking down to the jury, but close.

The big difference this time is that she presumably won't be challenged by Willmott about BPD behaviors, given that the DT needs DeMarte to make their BPD case for them.

I don't recall any of the jurors last time around being impressed with ALV. The only one who seems to have bought into her arguments is Zervakos, who evidently convinced a few of the other jurors. But I don't recall jurors commenting on her style. ALV fakes "folksiness" and easy-going-ness: she is aggressive and condescending, as JM had her demonstrate.

Also, expert witnesses are supposed to be detached and professional; they often have to coach/teach the jury a bit, because they are more knowledgeable than a layperson about the target topic. That's the whole point of an expert witness! ALV and Samuels were very poor examples of "expert" witnesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member