Nancy Grace - 10/27/08

Someone posted LP's experience awhile back, it was very impressive. I don't think it's fair to say he doesn't have the technical skills to create maps. Even if he can't he is working with TM on a daily basis, raising fds, and getting help for the search. My understanding is they are getting training now and then will act as team leads in the real search.

All I can say is if I had a child missing, I would want him and TM on my team.

Rob is the map technician...if I am remembering correctly.

Rob is the map technician...if I am remembering correctly.

I probably should have been more clear - I don't hink he has the techincal abilty to create cell ping maps. Not because of the maps. Because of reading the cell pings. I have heard him make ridiculous comments and statements about telephone records in everything from how to find out who a number is listed to to how long info is kept by a carrier. I work in the industry and know these to be ridiculous statements. There is no way he knows how to interpret cell pings.

Nope, wasn't annoyed. The mans got $50,000+ invested, he's gone on tv daily to help discuss and keep story alive, he's been working on this case every day, now he's raising fds and getting his bounty hunter friends involved.
I don't see him as taking credit for what others have done, I just think he's been studying the pings and creating maps with TP and TM and other BH's to get prepared for the search.

I view him and TM both as Saints in this Case!
God Bless them in thier search!

I have softened on my view of LP, but I still see him as someone who inserted himself into this case for the love of publicity. It has worked out well for him, he is perfectly set up to to be a talking head on future high profile cases.

Doing the search I think is great. I am not critizing him per se, just commenting on what I see as the true motivation for his actions.

I have softened on my view of LP, but I still see him as someone who inserted himself into this case for the love of publicity. It has worked out well for him, he is perfectly set up to to be a talking head on future high profile cases.

Doing the search I think is great. I am not critizing him per se, just commenting on what I see as the true motivation for his actions.

I think that LP is an asset to the case, for all of his quirky shortfalls he -

1. Throws out oddball ideas that lead to WS analysis that surfaces new ideas and thinking,
2. He manages to gets some pointed digs in to KC and the A family,
3. He is championing and supporting TES, promoting the search,
4. He helps keep the case alive and in the public forum.

To me, the good outweighs the bad and -- the bad is just pure entertainment.

I think that LP is an asset to the case, for all of his quirky shortfalls he -

1. Throws out oddball ideas that lead to WS analysis that surfaces new ideas and thinking,
2. He manages to gets some pointed digs in to KC and the A family,
3. He is championing and supporting TES, promoting the search,
4. He helps keep the case alive and in the public forum.

To me, the good outweighs the bad and -- the bad is just pure entertainment.

I guess - although I see no point in pointed digs at the "A" family. They aren't the ones who did this - Casey is. And atually - some of his oddball ideas are just plain creepy.

Yeah I don't know his motivation but I'm glad he's using his time and resources to help out! :hourglass:

The report says that Caylee had been deceased for 2.6 days when she was removed from the car, not that she'd been in the car for 2.6 days while deceased. In other words, when she was removed from the car, she'd been dead almost 3 days.
it also could mean that Caylee was somewhere else for 2.6 days, then put in the trunk and put somewhere wlse - IMO it means that the body was a t2.6 days of decomp

We use lethal injection now but someone sentenced to death can still choose Old Sparky!

I recently read that Florida made some improvements to Old Sparky. Can't remember where I read it though.

Why in the world would someone choose electrocution over LI? :eek: I wonder when OS was last used.

it also could mean that Caylee was somewhere else for 2.6 days, then put in the trunk and put somewhere wlse - IMO it means that the body was a t2.6 days of decomp

I thought when the witnesses saw her and her car that she was possibly hiding evidence in different places:

It makes you wonder if she was moving the body from place to place.

I must agree with you!!! The self-esteem issues of women continuing to be with men who treat them so poorly . . . I just do not get it!!

I used to think the exact same way until I got into a similar situation myself. Not with a murderer but with a controlling sociopath. I am a mature, self-sufficient, intelligent, well-read and well-traveled woman of 44 years. I have a very good job. I am refined and have class. But what I also was? Naief (I don't know how to say it in English).

Someone like that creeps slowly into your life like molasses and it is barely perceptible how you bit by bit lose your self-esteem. They are predators who learn very quickly where your weaknesses are and preys on them...they chip away at your self-worth and you start to believe him that you are a loser and that you don't "deserve" anyone else but him. The stalking starts. He makes his suffocating behavior seem like love in the beginning. He's so concerned about you. Wants you to be safe. "Accompanies" you everywhere - even when you don't know he's there... then he goes through your telephone and text messages; he searches your wallet and your purse... he reads old agenda's and confronts you with relationships you had prior to even knowing him! He notes your kilometers and asks you why you drove 30 km. further on Monday than you should have. He makes you call him from work so that he can still hear colleagues (to make sure you are AT work) and keeps you on the phone until you are in the driveway.

The physical part comes later. By this time you believe that this is what you are worth. Where is the intelligent, self-sufficient, strong woman? What happened to her light? Her spontaneity?

This happened to me and I got out of it before he did something terrible to me. It took me two years of professional help to "get over it". What were my weaknesses? No children - he had a son (maternal feelings can been very strong). I was a young widow (26) and he used my fear of abandonment against me. I can see this now, but at the time I was blind. Even my family and friends could not convince me.

So that is how we get involved with men who abuse us. And out of shame, we don't talk about it nearly as much as we should. I hope that anyone of you reading this that is in a similar situation can find his or her inner strength and GET OUT.

Love and peace. Annalisa (from the Netherlands)

I guess - although I see no point in pointed digs at the "A" family. They aren't the ones who did this - Casey is. And atually - some of his oddball ideas are just plain creepy.

I have noticed that he tends to uphold the ones who tell the truth. Maybe that is why he has "pointed digs" at the A family. Anyone who has ever been associated with LE knows that if there is anything LE hates it is LIES. They will work with people who tell them the truth, even sometimes helping them, but you tell them a lie and your azz is grass.

I used to think the exact same way until I got into a similar situation myself. Not with a murderer but with a controlling sociopath. I am a mature, self-sufficient, intelligent, well-read and well-traveled woman of 44 years. I have a very good job. I am refined and have class. But what I also was? Naief (I don't know how to say it in English).

Someone like that creeps slowly into your life like molasses and it is barely perceptible how you bit by bit lose your self-esteem. They are predators who learn very quickly where your weaknesses are and preys on them...they chip away at your self-worth and you start to believe him that you are a loser and that you don't "deserve" anyone else but him. The stalking starts. He makes his suffocating behavior seem like love in the beginning. He's so concerned about you. Wants you to be safe. "Accompanies" you everywhere - even when you don't know he's there... then he goes through your telephone and text messages; he searches your wallet and your purse... he reads old agenda's and confronts you with relationships you had prior to even knowing him! He notes your kilometers and asks you why you drove 30 km. further on Monday than you should have. He makes you call him from work so that he can still hear colleagues (to make sure you are AT work) and keeps you on the phone until you are in the driveway.

The physical part comes later. By this time you believe that this is what you are worth. Where is the intelligent, self-sufficient, strong woman? What happened to her light? Her spontaneity?

This happened to me and I got out of it before he did something terrible to me. It took me two years of professional help to "get over it". What were my weaknesses? No children - he had a son (maternal feelings can been very strong). I was a young widow (26) and he used my fear of abandonment against me. I can see this now, but at the time I was blind. Even my family and friends could not convince me.

So that is how we get involved with men who abuse us. And out of shame, we don't talk about it nearly as much as we should. I hope that anyone of you reading this that is in a similar situation can find his or her inner strength and GET OUT.

Thanks for sharing, Annalisa.......you are a survivor!

WOW.............You must have been involved with my first husband. LOL

Fortunately it did not take me long to see him for what he was. It took longer because I was very young, but 6 years was my limit. I LOVE your description of them being like molasses. That is a perfect analogy of them.

It did not take me therapy, but my two children who took all of my time. I sure did not make the same mistake twice, which is really why we make mistakes, to learn. When a "red flag" came up with anyone I dated, they were GONE...........

Because of my prior experience, I had no tolerance for even one lie and still don't. I have been married to my husband many years now, but if he ever lied to me and I caught him all my defenses would go up again, and I am sure not too old to get a divorce again either. It takes more than one person to participate in a dysfunctional relationship, and that is not something I would ever tolerate because of my own self preservation and my kids.

When the boy's mom was on tv. pleading for her son's life, it was gut wrenching. I feel so bad for them. As an aside, THAT is what people do when their children are missing. So tragic and sad.

When I saw the little boy's mom on TV, I thought immediately about the Anthonys. The difference in their demeanor is like night and day. Just goes to show what real grief looks like.

Good old LP. You can't assume that 8,000 calls, even 8,000 saying they want to search, will mean 8,000 or even anything close to that number will show up.

Tim is probably cringing to hear LP shooting his mouth off, bragging that many will show up.

I really wish that Tim was on the show tonight so that we could get factual information regarding the search. I am so sick of that blowhard LP.

LP just said something about 2 cans of Deodorant that were found wrapped in a bag..

Did anybody else hear anything about this...?

This is the only time I heard anything about this. LP had all weekend and this is the best that he could come up with???

Cindy comments at one point that the gate was unlocked and that they never leave it unlocked, being as they have a pool and don't want neighbor kids getting in there. Not sure it is related but she said made a point to mention it.

I believe Cindy made this statement about the gate and the ladder to the pool to set up a possible accidental drowning defense. Cindy never says anything that doesn't in some way benefit Casey.

I was in that kind of relationship for 9 years...we had four boys togther...it is very easy to get into and so hard to get out of. He made me feel worthless and made me feel that I deserved those beatings. The threats of killing me and my children is what kept me there so long. Then one day I seen my way out and I took it, he made my life he** for a year after I left. Always following my...chasing me, setting in front of my house for hours on end. And even with a restraining order, the police in this small town would do nothing for me. But I never regretted leaving...my children and I survived.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back