Trial Thread 7 May 2012 - Closing Arguments, Defense then the Crown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been raped Tahorn.

I'm going to stick by my statement that it is not always about power and control.

First of all I would like to say I am sorry for what you went through, trust me I understand, I too am a survivor.

However I do understand your comment.

Speaking of the back seat, noticed that Derstine conveniently skipped over that entirely.

MOO

No.
3:42

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
Derstine said McClintic lied when she said there was a back seat in the car on April 8 [via Twitter]
3:41

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
Derstine said there was no evidence there was a back seat in the car on April 8 [via Twitter]
3:40

Twitter
RaffertyLFP:
Derstine turns to the missing back seat of Rafferty's car. He notes Rafferty's neighbors tesitified that he took the seat out in late March [via Twitter]

Let's see what the Crown has to say about this tomorrow, but maybe it's not even important.

I was thinking about all the information that we know is out there, but the crown or defence didn't mention and i was sure it would come out.

Right after TLM was arrested and charged with Tori's murder, TLM's mom stated to reporters that TLM did know Tori and that there was much more to the story, and would write a book about it .

the follow up interviews with MR after being charged with these crimes and his denial or versions of events when talking with LE ( only one we heard was the initial conversation at his house when he was just being questioned.

The white jacket and the dna evidence tied to it

so much more, I do hope that one of the major news stations releases all of the evidence that we did not see and anything further on TLM. There is so many questions in this case, both for and against MR

250px-Beer-nuts.jpg

cp24 brief interview with MTR's mother;
She said: My son is innocent. This could happen to every man. TML has ruined our life. Hopes that justice will be served and her son will be free.

Michael Rafferty is “not guilty and it hurts like hell. It hurts,” his mother told reporters outside London court Monday.

[URL="]http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/ToriStafford/2012/05/07/19725851.html[/URL]

http://psychcentral.com/lib/2006/what-is-sexual-addiction/

Sexual addiction is best described as a progressive intimacy disorder characterized by compulsive sexual thoughts and acts. Like all addictions, its negative impact on the addict and on family members increases as the disorder progresses. Over time, the addict usually has to intensify the addictive behavior to achieve the same results.

For some sex addicts, behavior does not progress beyond compulsive masturbation or the extensive use of *advertiser censored* or phone or computer sex services. For others, addiction can involve illegal activities such as exhibitionism, voyeurism, obscene phone calls, child molestation or rape.

I'm not saying that MTR is a sex addict, but I definitely think that it is a possibility. :Moo:

well she said she killed her so she had to there right? Wait, she lies all the time.....Maybe MTR dropped her off and he took her?

Throw out his statement completely ... Isn't much left ...

No.

Let's see what the Crown has to say about this tomorrow, but maybe it's not even important.

Thanks JayFriend...I must have missed that. I wonder why he didn't mention the witness who said it was out a month before Easter. Or the one who said it was in Mar 23rd?

Or where the babysat child was sitting?

MOO

She said: My son is innocent. This could happen to every man. TML has ruined our life. Hopes that justice will be served and her son will be free.

She thinks her son deserves to go free? Wow.

MOO

bbm: I completely disagree with what I bolded... We see it case after case after case again. Perpetrators are cunning and know what to say to get what they want.

:moo:

eta: to name a recent case: Ryan Brunn took a picture of little Jorelys Rivera's roller skate (that he stole) and told her he had found it... and she walked off with him to a vacant apartment where she was raped, murdered, and then dumped into a trash compactor.

Yes. it happens. And yes, kids are happily lured away...

A child could be street proofed. But IF a predator wants a child...it could be that one time YOU ask your child to go and and get something out of the car for you etc. It is that quick. MOO

well IMO Dirk put on a very good defence today...he got his points across without any padding..he discredited the actual murderer and kidnapper.. I didn't expect any rabbits pulled from a hat or any actual video's of the crime..he admitted his client was a "cad" and maybe a little oversexed, as someone his age would be.....his defence was what I expected and not sure why anyone would be upset over it especially if they didn't believe him or his client.. how it sits with the jury remains to be seen but whatever they decide I will accept...if it is not the outcome that I would like to see...then.."so be it"...I will just think an injustice has been served and will move on...I would like the sentence to fit the crime and all I can see so far is that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and he did help to cover it up...that in itself deserves some form of punishment...JMO JMO JMO

yeah OK Mom...this trial is all because of TLM ruining your life???

...what about the life of precious lil 8 yr old Tori Stafford??

I'm Praying for JUSTICE too----> for the brutal MURDER of Tori Stafford and in my justice Rafferty will remain behind bars

jmo

She thinks her son deserves to go free? Wow.

MOO

It's good to finally see a picture of the mother behind the man accused of kidnapping, raping and murdering a child.

well IMO Dirk put on a very good defence today...he got his points across without any padding..he discredited the actual murderer and kidnapper.. I didn't expect any rabbits pulled from a hat or any actual video's of the crime..he admitted his client was a "cad" and maybe a little oversexed, as someone his age would be.....his defence was what I expected and not sure why anyone would be upset over it especially if they didn't believe him or his client.. how it sits with the jury remains to be seen but whatever they decide I will accept...if it is not the outcome that I would like to see...then.."so be it"...I will just think an injustice has been served and will move on...I would like the sentence to fit the crime and all I can see so far is that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and he did help to cover it up...that in itself deserves some form of punishment...JMO JMO JMO

So you've already decided that if he is found guilty that an injustice will have been served? <modsnip>.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77