Anthonys want autopsy results sealed AND ALL Autopsy Updates

Should the Anthonys have a say about the autopsy results being sealed?

• Yes - they are justified and should have a say in it

Votes: 35 6.4%
  • No - they shouldn't have a say in it

Votes: 505 91.7%
  • Other

Votes: 11 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I just can't seem to grasp this whole orchestrated effort to stop the release! Anguish! I am not buying it at all..More like they are trying to protect the defendant..I have never seen the victims help/protect the accused..Seriously, what is wrong with this picture?? I am not a conspiracy theorist but this is, is...I don't even have a word to describe this mess!

The only thing I see is that when something is supposed to be released there is a motion and delay , delay , delay.. Nothing shown to expose the defendant for what she is..

I may sound harsh but honestly if I were the grandparents I would be outraged!!! Where the heck is the anger for the person who did this to their grand daughter?? I would want this autopsy out there because of this anger to say "Look what this person did to my precious Caylee".. If it wasn't for the fact KC is the one accused do you think for one second they wouldn't want this released to gain sympathy from the public?!

Just my persective and I guess I am just upset because this is all Caylee herself can tell us by giving us a glimpse of what happened to her thru the autopsy report and it is like silencing her..It just doesn't seem right at all that she can't be heard..

Exactly.

sarcasm.gif

It would poison the jury pool and make KC look bad. It's just being released to harass and embarrass her just because she murdered her child. :rolleyes:

Yeah. It's a plot. :)

My vote is "yes" the judge will release it. There is no legal reason not to, BC did not even quote case law in his motion. If judges decide not to release all things that cause grief to the families of victims, then there should be no sunshine law at all. Murders cause grief. Exploring and investigating them brings up pain. It is sad, but the SA is not the person who caused this grief. They are merely seeking justice and complying with the law.

I guess we could just forget about it and move on. After all, that's what KC tried to do...

I agree. It would set a very ugly precedent if this motion were granted and without caselaw to back it, could very well chip away at the Sunshine Laws.

I see from your post and your dog photo, we have TWO causes in common.!

Sad to say that's not my Pitty - I live alone w/2 cats and have a medical condition which woudn't allow me to care for a dog now.
That pic is one of the M.Vick dogs that was rehabilitated by Best Friends - but maybe you meant you are a Best Friend's member too - hope so.

This may have already been asked and, if so, I apologize for the repeat.

How does Conway even have standing to file this motion? To my knowledge, there has been no amicus brief filed to make George and Cindy "friends of the court" and give them the right to file ANYthing. In my feeble mind, this is about as allowable as me walking into the clerk's office and filing a motion on behalf of myself and my friends (at WS, of course) demanding the release, because it is causing US anguish NOT to have access to the autopsy report.

And it seems obvious to me that the defense-minded attorneys, including Conway, have found a very simple, yet effective, way to get anything they want...at least for a while: just don't give notice to the interested parties, in this particular instance, the media. Then the judge will have no choice but to grant a temporary stay until all interested parties have been noticed.

Does it show that amount was paid for discovery that was released? Cos that seems to be an incredibly low amount given the volume of discovery released to date. Could it be for other things? I do recall some tips and things that JAB requested that he had to pay for but failed to pick up or something along those lines.

It seems highly improbable that there is a fee to receive discovery.

Yes. He demanded all of the reports of Caylee "sightings," waited until the copying was done, and then refused to pick them up.

Looks like the A's have won yet again. Wow?:doh:

I am ashamed of myself for laughing inside but I think they actually made it worse! Now, instead of being released with 1000 other pages so the media and bloggers and public have 1000 pages to talk about and discuss, it will most likely be released BY ITSELF once the motion is denied. All by it's lonesome in between major dumps to an information thirsty public giving them nothing but the report to talk about. HAHAHAHAHA

Released with 1000 other pages it is a segment crowded with other info from the dump on Nancy Grace, but released on it's own it will be it's own whole show. If not release until trial, the suspense will have been unbearable and once it comes out, will be the focus of all eyes and attention when it finally makes it out of the Anthony hidey-hole. They constantly bring more attention to the things they try to hide and I actually may want to see the autopsy report all on it's own. Will allow me to focus more on the evidence at hand instead of tearing thru it to read the other 1000 pages.

Come on people...have some compassion.

If it was your granddaughter ....you wouldn't want a say?

I know many of you don't care for the Anthonys...but take them out of the equation....then how would you answer?

Yes. He demanded all of the reports of Caylee "sightings," waited until the copying was done, and then refused to pick them up.

$900.00, if I recall, and he had the nerve to stand up in a court room and say it was some kind of scam for him to have to pay that much.

I voted that the Anthony's should have no say in the release of the autopsy report. I feel as if the Anthony's have done nothing for Caylee and have done everything to help Casey.

If I remember correctly, poor Caylee's remains sat in a box in the funeral home for more than a month after her remains were released to the Anthony's. No they should have no say in this.

You know I am WAY out the loop, but I never heard that the A's had retrieved Caylee's remains ...have they??

Also, do we think the judge will say "yes" or "no" to it's release?

The judge has stated previously that when it comes to decisions regarding first Amendment rights, he will err on the side of the first Amendment.

With that in mind, I'd be surprised if he grants the motion filed by the Anthony's attorney.

Something about this bothers me. Apart from the obvious, Caylee is dead. They, GA/CA, have had time to get over this...by over (you never have closure...you never really accept) but they have had time (under much media scrutiny...which I can't imagine) but again...Caylee is dead...was killed...why wouldn't they want the answers? I would and I speak from experience. I would want to know how why when...jmo
----------------
This may sound sick but I understand why the Anthonys want to suppress the autopsy report. All of Casey's life Cindy and George have either covered for Casey or fixed things for Casey. Now, they are trying desperately to "fix things" only they do not realize that they can not "fix" this one for Casey. This crime is so beyond "fixing" and the Anthonys are beside themselves and at this time I would guess that they, yes, even Cindy have to be feeling pretty powerless and useless to help Casey out of this mess she has gotten into. Caylee, sadly has been put on the back burner only to think about now and then. The concentration has to be on Casey........................:banghead:

All the A's can say in their defense is that it will cause them "anguish." The media's points will overpower theirs--the rules of the Sunshine Laws, fact that no other family gets special treatment like this, etc. They could go on forever with reasons and laws of why this should be released while the A's will be lucky to make five minutes worth of points "it's hard for our family, it will cause us anguish, we are still having trouble coping, etc." If the judge rules in their favor I will seriously be shocked.

$900.00, if I recall, and he had the nerve to stand up in a court room and say it was some kind of scam for him to have to pay that much.
----------------------------
He didn't bother to pick up the reports because, IMO, he already knew that these people did not see Caylee. IMO, Jose already knew that Caylee was dead.........

I don't believe so; seems like the POA wouldn't pulled into the criminal trial unless either the prosecution or the defense deemed it of evidentiary (or other) value. Also, they aren't usually filed with the court, so there's no public record in existence for the media to request.

Didn't the A's get POA so that they could claim and bury Caylee? And then Casey issued that pizzed statement because her parents weren't following her wishes that Caylee be buried not cremated.

OK wow....perhaps I have lost my perspective, but I think they have a good case for having the results sealed.

Maybe I have just had enough with this case...TMI I guess. But nothing about this child's earthly remains has been given any respect...what will it hurt to give what's left a little dignity??

IMHO, Caylee's remains will lose no respect. A description of the bit of her that remains to be examined for evidence will probably be no more invasive or personal than the description of the hair that was found in the trunk of the car. I hope not, anyway. The only people who will feel a loss of respect are those who harmed her or are trying to prevent the truth of her murder from coming into the light.

I don't think there's anything here on earth that we can do to harm her. She is finally safe and beyond harm.

Go for it and please bring any and everything to light that can help convict her murder.

I know many of you don't care for the Anthonys...but take them out of the equation....then how would you answer?

I would feel exactly the same.IMO this is not about compassion-or lack of-but following the law,and justice for the murder of a little girl.Please ask yourself why most of us don't care for the A's.

I would want a say, but not 7 months later... I would have been that child's voice from the get go. It's hard to take the A's out of the equation given that they have not shown any concern for Caylee's side of this mess... so why now... why this... what are they wanting to hide? If they had long given Caylee a voice, I would have compassion for them, but it seems like this is now only coming up as an unspoken self-serving issue.

I can't see how they have a say, now, given that even when Caylee's remains were released, they went to Baez/Casey.

"Pending formal notice to the media, including the Orlando Sentinel, this Court will enter a temporary stay of the autopsy reports and findings set to be released. Following a written response to the motion by interested media the Court will either rule on the pleadings or set a hearing as necessary."

Does this mean once the media writes up their objection the judge can rule on the release without even having a hearing? I'm a bit confused by the statement "will either rule on the peladings or set a hearing".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne