Identified! OR - Polk Co., Body found in Willamette River, Apr'12 - Timothy Goman

THANK YOU, summer_breeze for this update! I had seen the obit for TJG in the newspaper and wondered what had happened to him. His family must have known for sure that he had perished in the river at some point. May he RIP. Prayers of peace and healing to those who loved him.

That river is fast and freezing!

:rose: Prayers for the family and friends of another of the river's victims :rose:

Another young man found dead in a river. Wonder if it has any connection to the other bodies of young men found all over the U.S. in rivers.

There is a thread under Featured Case Discussion on the River Killers.

Another young man found dead in a river. Wonder if it has any connection to the other bodies of young men found all over the U.S. in rivers.

There is a thread under Featured Case Discussion on the River Killers.

I think it's unlikely in this case - Mr. Goman hanged apparently hanged himself from the bridge some time before his body was discovered. Thanks again, summer_breeze, for the update.

I am confused. I came across the following case on NAMUS whilst looking for something else;
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10109
This seems to be the case discussed in this thread but is still on NAMUS as unidentified, including a list of six possible identities that have been ruled out. I have searched Timothy Goman and have found the preliminary identification and the statements that DNA tests were being carried out - but have not found subsequent confirmation of the results.
There seem to be three possible explanations;
* that the NAMUS file has been left without being updated with the identity, but it seems odd it lists six eliminations if this is the case.
* that the DNA subsequently came back negative for Mr Goman, in which case we have a mystery identity.
* that the case in NAMUS is a second body found in the same river at the same time, but this seems very unlikely and I can find no support for this idea.

Can anyone shed any light on this situation?

*** that the case in NAMUS is a second body found in the same river at the same time, but this seems very unlikely and I can find no support for this idea.

Can anyone shed any light on this situation?

That's what I suspect. The ID'ed one was found 4/1 and the one in NamUS says 4/2. So they're different (single) days but basically "at the same time" looking back on things.

I suspected this possibility, except that I have searched NAMUS and news reports and tried multiple google searches with different terms and can find no record of a body find in this location anywhere near this time except for the one from this thread - and I would have expected some trace. I have also tried metasearch engines just in case - nothing. Most particularly, I would have expected some comment in news reports on Mr Goman if a second body was found, just because of the coincidence. There is none.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back