TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is POSSIBLE that Holly was mistaken for Whitney, that's all. Aapparently one of the videos she posted had info about thier homes, etc...or that Holly encountered someone who was after WD and decided to go through Holly to get to her...just an option that cannot be dismissed with what we know.

I can see how someone may have been drawn to Holly through her close affiliation with Whitney- and it is so easy to 'find' someone these days- you don't have to put yourself on youTube to make that possible, that's for sure. :(

That's why I suggested we look at venues where Whitney and Holly may have connected prior to Holly's abduction. A list of public performances, shows, auditions, recordings, tapings, etc that Holly may have attended? Holiday functions, parties- anything. And locations of those?

These are all things we can sleuth out, I think.

I can see how someone may have been drawn to Holly through her close affiliation with Whitney- and it is so easy to 'find' someone these days- you don't have to put yourself on youTube to make that possible, that's for sure. :(

That's why I suggested we look at venues where Whitney and Holly may have connected prior to Holly's abduction. A list of public performances, shows, auditions, recordings, tapings, etc that Holly may have attended? Holiday functions, parties- anything. And locations of those?

These are all things we can sleuth out, I think.

But how to know or determine where Holly may have gone? Even if we had a list of where WD performed, we wouldn't know if Holly attended, or who they may have seen or encountered...If WD was being "stalked" she may not have even known it.

But how to know or determine where Holly may have gone? Even if we had a list of where WD performed, we wouldn't know if Holly attended, or who they may have seen or encountered...If WD was being "stalked" she may not have even known it.

No we wouldn't know necessarily where Holly was- but we could look for photos online, search social media and fan websites- that sort of thing.

My original thought was that maybe someone was at the Bobo residence because they where looking for WD, ie they knew that the Mom of WD was a teacher at Scotts hill, and somehow followed KB home on mistake..and then after waiting for KB and husband to leave, started to snoop the Bobo residence thinking it was the Duncan house, and had an unexcepted encounter with HB..its just a though. I have seen the in pictures that there is a sign on the Bobo's mailbox that says "the Bobo's"..but that may not mean anything, its possible it wasn't seen.

At the initial press conference, can anyone explain why the Sheriff was crying? Because at that point the public is being told Holly is missing, not deceased. So what up w/ the Sheriff? Is he just very emotional, or does he know (or believe) something we don't?

Another thought is that IMO the $75000 reward offered by the Gov. of TN, when compared to the $10000 reward offered in the Karen Johnson Swift case could be explained by the family relation to WD and the albeit brief and short lived National exposure that connection brought. Although most of the articles have disappear now, during the first weeks of the investigation, MSM routinely was printing headlines to the effect "Whitney Duncan's Cousin abducted". To a Govoner, 75k is probably a cheat price for positive national publicity.
I think another interesting aspect to the WD connection is that IMO she is a much more well known name in TN than she is everywhere else...so just by law of large numbers, IMO it would be more likely that an obcessed fan/stalker would be from the local TN area, maybe even the parsons/scotts hill area itself.

I was just going back over videos to see if anything stood out.
This one with Pat Brown was interesting to listen to but even
more than that, one thing that stood out to me in the video was
seeing the Bobo residence and the surrounding woods. I was expecting
the woods to appear much denser than what I see in video.
Even from an overhead shot and one down lower I would think
you would be able to see Holly and her abductor not just as they
entered the woods but also as they were walking farther into the woods.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown discusses missing girl Holly Bobo on MSNBC Live - YouTube

I was just going back over videos to see if anything stood out.
This one with Pat Brown was interesting to listen to but even
more than that, one thing that stood out to me in the video was
seeing the Bobo residence and the surrounding woods. I was expecting
the woods to appear much denser than what I see in video.
Even from an overhead shot and one down lower I would think
you would be able to see Holly and her abductor not just as they
entered the woods but also as they were walking farther into the woods.

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown discusses missing girl Holly Bobo on MSNBC Live - YouTube

I can see why someone would think that from the shots surrounding the Bobo residence, but once you move slightly farther out, it is very dense with a lot of underbrush. Ditto for off of Swan Johnson. I think it appears that way in part around the residence due to the logging rd that goes around the pond, which is mostly cleared.

I think your point also helps to explain why a vehicle is thought to have been close by, waiting.

I have a question! I hope someone might have an ans cause i cant find the ans anywhere.

when you look up Holly bobo on pplfinders or tennessee publice records she is
no where to be found. No birth records nada clint shows up Karen and Dana never a Holly! Im baffled!
Why would that be?

I have a question! I hope someone might have an ans cause i cant find the ans anywhere.

when you look up Holly bobo on pplfinders or tennessee publice records she is
no where to be found. No birth records nada clint shows up Karen and Dana never a Holly! Im baffled!
Why would that be?

Doesnt a lot of that stuff in public records come from property records, titles etc . that someone of her age would not have?

And yes WD could have her own stalker... I never said she didn't or couldnt.

But I doubt that if she had a stalker that the stalker would be dumb enough to follow the wrong mom home and then kidnap the wrong girl. And stalkers usually fixate on one person in particular. I do not know of any stalker that has fixated on one person then switched over and comitted a crime against someone else because they couldn't get their intended target.

I would think also that stalkers for the most part sort of escalate their stalking. They are rarely if ever just unknown. They contact their target, send them letters, call them, hang out at their house, etc. It is after the initial contacts etc are rebuffed that they become more dangerous.

So if WD ever had a stalker she has apparently never mentioned it to anyone including LE or at least there has been no public mention of it. Same with Holly. If someone was pestering Holly it has not come up.

I think the suspect while maybe similar to a stalker is someone who has targeted Holly. I don't think he had any prior contact with her or direct contact of any meaning or significance.

Doesnt a lot of that stuff in public records come from property records, titles etc . that someone of her age would not have?

No thATS WHAT I THOUGHT TOO but i did it with me and my kids and they come up

Clint comes up
No Holly
she isnt even included in the 2010 census

When ya look up karen dana and clint come u[
when ya look up dana karen and clint come up
when ya look up clint dana and karen come up

there is no Holly bobo.

Its very strange.

And yes WD could have her own stalker... I never said she didn't or couldnt.

But I doubt that if she had a stalker that the stalker would be dumb enough to follow the wrong mom home and then kidnap the wrong girl. And stalkers usually fixate on one person in particular. I do not know of any stalker that has fixated on one person then switched over and comitted a crime against someone else because they couldn't get their intended target.

I would think also that stalkers for the most part sort of escalate their stalking. They are rarely if ever just unknown. They contact their target, send them letters, call them, hang out at their house, etc. It is after the initial contacts etc are rebuffed that they become more dangerous.

So if WD ever had a stalker she has apparently never mentioned it to anyone including LE or at least there has been no public mention of it. Same with Holly. If someone was pestering Holly it has not come up.

I think the suspect while maybe similar to a stalker is someone who has targeted Holly. I don't think he had any prior contact with her or direct contact of any meaning or significance.

Actually it wasn't my theory at all that the perp was dumb. I was thinking that, if you don't know exactly which teacher is WD's mom, or you mistake WD's mom for her sister KB, and you follow her home hoping to do some "investigation", but instead while you are on the property, you accidentally encounter HB walking to her car, and all of a sudden your plans change and you need to get rid of a witness..I think thats more likely than the perp targets HB intentionally, but I wouldn't say that possiblity could be totally dismissed either.

All the phone calls that morning could have had something to do with all this. JMO

I just keep coming back to the way the crime went down, from the limited facts that we know, that this crime could have been caused by HB happening upon the perp by accident. I mean, assuming that the perp was targeting HB, I just seems like he/she/they would have had to know that Clint was home..and if that was known, why spend so long at the crime scene. The blood and the spilled coke make it seem like HB's encounter with the perp was a suprise. I keep thinking maybe a suprise to both of them. But if this person or people, happen to be there on the property for whatever reason, be it stalking, or robbery, or some other reason, and HB walks into him/her/them, then the evidence seems to make more sense. I don't know..its easy to come up with a million different senerio's that could have happened when there is so little known about what actually happened.

I just keep coming back to the way the crime went down, from the limited facts that we know, that this crime could have been caused by HB happening upon the perp by accident. I mean, assuming that the perp was targeting HB, I just seems like he/she/they would have had to know that Clint was home..and if that was known, why spend so long at the crime scene. The blood and the spilled coke make it seem like HB's encounter with the perp was a suprise. I keep thinking maybe a suprise to both of them. But if this person or people, happen to be there on the property for whatever reason, be it stalking, or robbery, or some other reason, and HB walks into him/her/them, then the evidence seems to make more sense. I don't know..its easy to come up with a million different senerio's that could have happened when there is so little known about what actually happened.

My opinions only, no facts here:

First, to Eileen730. What you say is interesting. When this case first broke, I did my "reverse search" involving Holly Bobo and other names in this case. What I did was, use advanced search on Google in a fashion as to see hits only PRIOR to Holly's disappearance (there are too many hits for this search strategy to work now). What I found, was that this family is much like mine, almost invisible on the internet. If you want to see a few additional crumbs about Holly Bobo, type in her name as an EXACT phrase and search only within PDF files with 2009 and 2010 as an "all these words" phrase. She appears to have been an exceptional high school student, bright and motivated.

To Wonless: I have heard two stories. One story makes it sound like Holly's brother was home for an extended period of time; the other version is that he was only visiting for a few days. Obviously, clearing up which of these versions is reality could help you better analyze what the perpetrator could have known about the presence of people at Holly's house.

My opinions only, no facts here:

First, to Eileen730. What you say is interesting. When this case first broke, I did my "reverse search" involving Holly Bobo and other names in this case. What I did was, use advanced search on Google in a fashion as to see hits only PRIOR to Holly's disappearance (there are too many hits for this search strategy to work now). What I found, was that this family is much like mine, almost invisible on the internet. If you want to see a few additional crumbs about Holly Bobo, type in her name as an EXACT phrase and search only within PDF files with 2009 and 2010 as an "all these words" phrase. She appears to have been an exceptional high school student, bright and motivated.

To Wonless: I have heard two stories. One story makes it sound like Holly's brother was home for an extended period of time; the other version is that he was only visiting for a few days. Obviously, clearing up which of these versions is reality could help you better analyze what the perpetrator could have known about the presence of people at Holly's house.

Thank you for your reply!
I know about the schools all the decaturville tmes articles im just talking about regular public records search...she just dosent show up
clint does Karen and Dana... never Holly
I just find it strange,,,
My kids show up so does my mom and sister among others.
There is no Holly bobo at all.

You cant find info on them but it does tell you the names in the family.
Just very strange!

That is exactly my point, I can't understand why nobody wants to talk about this..I mean litterally, celebrity stalking happenes all the time. I think it could be a legitimate motive to this crime. I shouldn't have ventured an opinion about anyones personal or professional choices, I get that, it won't happen again..but I think the evidence points to this as something within the realm of possiblity. This is a part of the country where people don't even lock there doors at night, and all of a sudden, bang, Holly Bobo is gone and the headline for months is "Country Singer Whitney Duncan's cousin abducted". What changed, the 20th annual coon hunt? Everyone says think out of the box:banghead:

I understand your reasoning here and don't think you were bashing anyone. I have thought the same thing about a stalker type. These girls are beautiful girls both of them and either one could easily have wack jobs stalking them. I don't believe she was bashing WD for her home town video, just bringing up a different option, and one that could be painfully real.I live in a similar area as this in Missouri and girls this beautiful are the exception not the norm. I also think its a local that wanted one of these girls and had admired one or both of them from afar not thru any fault of their own. Bottom line HB and WD are the type that alot of stalker type people go after....IMO

Another thought is that IMO the $75000 reward offered by the Gov. of TN, when compared to the $10000 reward offered in the Karen Johnson Swift case could be explained by the family relation to WD and the albeit brief and short lived National exposure that connection brought. Although most of the articles have disappear now, during the first weeks of the investigation, MSM routinely was printing headlines to the effect "Whitney Duncan's Cousin abducted". To a Govoner, 75k is probably a cheat price for positive national publicity.
I think another interesting aspect to the WD connection is that IMO she is a much more well known name in TN than she is everywhere else...so just by law of large numbers, IMO it would be more likely that an obcessed fan/stalker would be from the local TN area, maybe even the parsons/scotts hill area itself.

In the area I live in the Queen of the hog calling contest at the local fair might be considered well known, and yes a budding Nashville star would be much more known in the state of TN. Not being a contry music fan i had never heard of WD but my sister and daughter knew who she was but again they are fans of contry music. I think both of these girls more than likely sang at different functions growing up from church, school, local fairs and the like and in this small community were very well known.

Actually it wasn't my theory at all that the perp was dumb. I was thinking that, if you don't know exactly which teacher is WD's mom, or you mistake WD's mom for her sister KB, and you follow her home hoping to do some "investigation", but instead while you are on the property, you accidentally encounter HB walking to her car, and all of a sudden your plans change and you need to get rid of a witness..I think thats more likely than the perp targets HB intentionally, but I wouldn't say that possiblity could be totally dismissed either.

Nothing can be dismissed but it does not seem logical that if you are just trespassing or poking around someones yard to all of a sudden assault, kidnap and probably kill them. That sort of escalation does not seem normal. And why not kill her on the spot rather than have some long winded conversation in the yard, garage, and then walk away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419