Amscot.. cash advance-- just a coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hinkymeter

Reaction score
Does anyone else find it odd that the car was found at a place that is a check cashing, short-term loan place? Like it's part of this whole ruse- "I even got a cash advance and gave them [kidnappers] some money. They guaranteed she'd be back by ____________ and she's not."

??

Does anyone else find it odd that the car was found at a place that is a check cashing, short-term loan place? Like it's part of this whole ruse- "I even got a cash advance and gave them [kidnappers] some money. They guaranteed she'd be back by ____________ and she's not."

??

I figured Casey was there cashing a check she'd stolen from Amy.

My theory is that she/they wanted the car stolen and the people who frequent a check cashing place would be the right "crowd" to possibly go for that. The purse being left on the seat was another "inticement" which didn't work. If someone had stolen the car...then it would not have mattered about the decomp or the evidence found being linked directly back to any of the Anthony's.

I still think she might have given some cash to someone to help her

??

She also could have gotten loans that she couldn't pay back so........

My theory is that she/they wanted the car stolen and the people who frequent a check cashing place would be the right "crowd" to possibly go for that. The purse being left on the seat was another "inticement" which didn't work. If someone had stolen the car...then it would not have mattered about the decomp or the evidence found being linked directly back to any of the Anthony's.

Good thought!!!!

I do find it strange that Casey, with all her lies, did NOT try to tie that in somehow.

Bear with me here- but we know she is lying. That is a FACT. And people are saying that makes her a sociopath. But I've had the unfortunate experience of knowing a few sociopaths- and these people are bright, charming, and cunning. WHEN they spin a tale...it has no holes and they cover their tracks. Casey has not done this. She has not even spun a tale that makes sense, or can be checked on. She just blurted out strange lies that she knew would be found out, that would NOT be able to be linked together. Her actions are WAY too dumb for a true sociopath. So, yes, I am angry Casey won't come clean. BUT...the WAY she is lying gives her some credibility...because she seems very confused and unable to peice together a story that makes sense. She seems like an INEXPERIENCED liar.

If she had taken out an advance, I am sure we would've heard about it by now. She has to write a check with 2 forms of ID to be held for 14 days. She couldn't have used Amy's check, since she did not have her ID. And I doubt Casey had her own checking account. By now, that money would be due back and the most a place will give you is $500. But it depends on what you make. You have to have a recent bank statement and recent pay stub. She had neither. Perhaps the car was just left there for whatever reason. But I can tell you this, Casey would never have approved to borrow money, AT ALL.

plus the flies swarming around and in it...
no criminal would have taken it for that reason alone.
Coupled with it being empty [gas] right?

So..were the stolen gas cans in it before the car was found and taken home/
or after/
?

I'm sure LE has questioned the people working at Amscot & asked whether Casey even went into their place.

And I'm sure they've checked all the records to see whether any customer is somehow tied into this crazy soap opera.

I also think she just happened to ditch the car there.

What about surveillance cameras at the Amscot place? That seems like a very likely place to have cameras. Hrmmm..

amscot isnt the normal "trashy" check cashing place. you can pay bills there as well (its where i pay my electric bill) and you can also get money orders/western union/copies/faxes.

in the event that she wanted it to be stolen, there are other MANY areas that would be a much better place to leave it.

??

I believe I read somewhere that Cindy drives by there to and from work.

You need photo ID to pawn things...To cash checks with Amscot....

Another coincidence?

http://forums.brevardcountymoms.com/viewtopic.php?t=6675&sid=7508e0e96a1e4f664079f608fb31648c

Regardingt the above link: It's interesting that a Zenaida had her office robbed AND the burglary happened on June 9th. The date Casey originally said was the last time she saw Caylee. Is that why Casey had June 9th on her mind? Could she have been stealing expensive items to sell for money. hmmmm

I hadn't thought of this, but I think you are right.

I think it was left at the Amscot because it is very near where she disposed of Caylee's body. Think of her frame of mind. She would have to be thinking "What if someone saw me do that and called the police". She wouldn't want to be the one driving the car that was identified as the vehicle that just left the site where a body was left. The sooner she ditched the car the less chance of being pulled over by LE while she was driving it. And leaving her purse in the car was probably accidental due to the fact that she was freaking out over what had just transpired. She wouldn't be thinking clearly.

I don't believe she wanted the car to be stolen because a car doesn't have to actually be stolen for you to report it as such. If she wanted to go with the stolen car story she could have just left the car somewhere it would not be found for awhile and reported it stolen. She would have also had to add to the police report that Caylee was in the car when stolen, etc. Too complicated for her to pull off a plan like that. I think she just panicked for the reason I mentioned above, ditched the car and got the he!! out of dodge. I don't think she even had a plan until confronted with her parents and brother on the 15th of July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie