Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long hair, painted nails, and it is not SL because why? One depressing thing I've learned lately is that the media just pick up whatever and run with it whether it's actuallly factual or not. I used to work in the media and facts were key - nothing was reported until it was absolutely confirmed. Not the case anymore since the advent of Twitter, I guess.

I wondered about that too, but I think that somehow they have a picture of Sierra that day without painted nails, not that they couldn't have been painted by someone else after the picture.......

I am beginning to believe somebody else might be involved. Maybe not in the kidnapping , but the cover up. Just what if it IS is wife. Maybe that is the reason for her bad mouthing Sierra so much. What if it was suppose to be a kidnapping/rape that went bad. He goes back, tells his sad story to her about some lady following him around and she helps cover up? Too much Lifetime movies????? LOL

If that were the case, his wife is an idiot. If I helped cover up a kidnapping/murder I wouldn't be running my mouth on facebook about the victim in a negative way. Depending on what the relationship is like, I'd either be saying "I can't believe he did that!" or just the general "It can't be him". Saying "Sierra is a dirty h#*" and drawing attention to yourself is not what a guilty party would want. And, yes, I think too many Lifetime movies. ;)
Although, it's hard because this IS the stuff that Lifetime movies are based on.

Long hair, painted nails, and it is not SL because why? One depressing thing I've learned lately is that the media just pick up whatever and run with it whether it's actuallly factual or not. I used to work in the media and facts were key - nothing was reported until it was absolutely confirmed. Not the case anymore since the advent of Twitter, I guess.

Because of age of the remains.

"There are a lot of rumors floating around, but what I can say is that this is not the body of a child," said Lt. Jeff Bretzing of the Pleasanton Police Department.

"That's as close to age as I can get."

His lawyer isn't privy to ALL the information/evidence in the case, yet. They wouldn't disclose everything yet as it jeopardizes the case. They'll wait until ATG is ready to enter his plea. It's up to ATG to plead guilty, not guilty, no contest and the police do not have to disclose all their evidence before this point. ATG's lawyer isn't going to say "he's finished". It's his job to defend criminals.

ATG will never walk the streets a free man again. And if he does, there will be somebody to make sure it isn't for long.

Yes, for what reason would Sierra still have her shoes and not her clothes? Underware I can understand, it's the shoes that have me stumped.

her shoes have had me stumped too. my only 'guess' is that he had her put them back on (as skinny jeans are in style, and don't come off over shoes very well). the only (and very sad) reason i can come up with, is that wherever he took her (maybe somewhere with trails and a lot of trees?), he gave her a running head start so he could hunt and chase her. :(
MOO

I don't believe there was an accomplice, at least not to the crime itself. He seems like the typical loose-cannon abductor that will take his chances. Maybe someone unknowingly helped by tossing out some items, something like that.

Could be her shoes were found in his house or car? There may be much that LE has not said yet, even to the attorney, if they are not yet required to do so.

I am a little nervous about a circumstantial murder case, although it is only logic for Sierra to presumed dead; if not, where on earth is she and how is she surviving? But a jury is another story and be assured they will hear terrible things about Sierra that make her sound perfectly capable of taking care of herself, probably even capable of taking a ride with a guy like this, who of course dropped her off safe and sound...

JMO

I don't know.. LE knows they get one shot at this. I don't think they'd jump the gun and lose face if they're wrong. I think it's the defense attorney bluffing, or he hasn't seen all of the evidence yet.

They do not have to proffer all the evidence to the defense at this point. I think his Attorney is playing to the court of public opinion with that kind of statement.

her shoes have had me stumped too. my only 'guess' is that he had her put them back on (as skinny jeans are in style, and don't come off over shoes very well). the only (and very sad) reason i can come up with, is that wherever he took her (maybe somewhere with trails and a lot of trees?), he gave her a running head start so he could hunt and chase her. :(
MOO

I think shoe collecting is a fairly common "trophy" among killers. just one possibility.

And they may have her shoes, and have just not told us.

Get ready for the PD to put out as much info as possible re the innocence of his client. That's his job. When this goes to trial, as it appears so far, all he needs is to place "reasonable doubt" in one juror's mind and it is a hung jury.

We'll hear a lot of negative things about the victim, so as to sully her reputation. The prosecution has to prove its case; the defense does not.

The LaMar family will be victimized twice.

Do we know what kind of shoes she was wearing?

I don't remember it being reported, but it was cold and supposed to rain, she had on a sweatshirt so I'm guessing a tennis shoe or boot type. Maybe her red converse? Are they allowed to wear those in MH schools?

And I could see him doing something different with those, since they would really stand out.

I'm sure her mom would have been able to tell LE which shoes were missing.

jmo

Get ready for the PD to put out as much info as possible re the innocence of his client. That's his job. When this goes to trial, as it appears so far, all he needs is to place "reasonable doubt" in one juror's mind and it is a hung jury.

We'll hear a lot of negative things about the victim, so as to sully her reputation. The prosecution has to prove its case; the defense does not.

The LaMar family will be victimized twice.

Which is mind boggling since his family is no shining example. jmo.

I was just pointing out this is an unusual scenario for a suicide, making it more likely a homicide.

I thought I was responding to some confusion about where it was found due to conflicting media reports, sorry if not.

And the statement posted above about it not being a childs body makes me wonder if it might be an elderly victim?

I don't believe there was an accomplice, at least not to the crime itself. He seems like the typical loose-cannon abductor that will take his chances. Maybe someone unknowingly helped by tossing out some items, something like that.

Could be her shoes were found in his house or car? There may be much that LE has not said yet, even to the attorney, if they are not yet required to do so.

I am a little nervous about a circumstantial murder case, although it is only logic for Sierra to presumed dead; if not, where on earth is she and how is she surviving? But a jury is another story and be assured they will hear terrible things about Sierra that make her sound perfectly capable of taking care of herself, probably even capable of taking a ride with a guy like this, who of course dropped her off safe and sound...

JMO

I do not think he had her put her shoes back on i think he tossed these also but they have not been found yet. I do not think they are in his car.
The shoes i think were tossed into woods probably one at a time...

ATG will never walk the streets a free man again. And if he does, there will be somebody to make sure it isn't for long.

Example:

Among the other missing victims are (Jeanine) Harms, who vanished in July 2001. Prosecutors charged architect Maurice Nasmeh, but had to dismiss the charges after he spent about a year in jail awaiting trial, essentially for insufficient evidence. While the investigation continued, Harms' brother shot Nasmeh to death last year and then killed himself.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/tri...g-girls-alleged-killer-charged-murder-no-plea

I do not think he had her put her shoes back on i think he tossed these also but they have not been found yet. I do not think they are in his car.
The shoes i think were tossed into woods probably one at a time...

That's a good thought and if LE doesn't have them, they should let us know what they might be so we can try and find them.

That's a good thought and if LE doesn't have them, they should let us know what they might be so we can try and find them.

LE has never mentioned shoes, which in one way makes me think they might have them. They want people to search, surely they should describe the shoes and any other missing items for people to watch for. The only thing I have seen is that they are "gray shoes" and that was a while ago. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88