TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears the links to MSM info are changing rapidly, as they archive or remove stories.

In the one newpaper article in AL, "Durham said she called Palmgren and Palmgren asked if Durham could meet in Wetumpka.

“She asked me if we could go some place happy,” Durham said. “I could tell something was bothering her.”

The Palmgrens have a home on Lake Jordan, as well as a rental home in Titus, according to Nichols.

“The lake home is where Gail would go to relax,” said her sister.

Link here http://www.thewetumpkaherald.com/news/article_be9da4a6-832f-11e0-990c-001cc4c03286.html

It appears Arlene had all reason in the world to think something was up. A request to meet her somewhere happy, coded text message, and I am sure she has told LE what this may have meant to her. But to send a text, which has been talked about before and her meeting her somewhere, insinuates being followed, tapped, or afraid to go on to the lake house. Does someone have proof she actually went to the lake house, rental house, or stayed somewhere in Wetumpka? I don't recall that specific information. :banghead:
Additionally it is mentioned in the video that Gail didn't show up for plans she had made with Arlene on the 30th so I am thinking these are the plans? Arlene said Gail left abruptly.

Some like to keep the phone. And you wouldn't have to bring the phone back from an area if it never left the area. A perp definitely would not want the phone to lead exactly to the car's location either. IMO, the car is under water near the mountain. Maybe the perp was planning to pretend to be Gail sending texts to friends and family saying she was ok, in a safe place, and taking time for herself. The thing is, eyes were on Matt and he probably didn't get the opportunity to travel far set up a good ping location that wouldn't incriminate him and eventually dumped the phone in panic.

I agree completely w/your logic. Hope we're both wrong though.

I think it shows a significant amt of paranoia on MP's part to have his PI make an 8 hr round trip to AL to strong arm their neighbor into giving up a dvr and maybe a few papers and tell her not to set foot on thier property...
I thought this guy was supposed to be looking for Gail and here he is intimidating people instead.

Does it also show cowardice, at the very least, that he is having the PI do the strong-arming?

He's sure keeping a low profile.

I think it shows a significant amt of paranoia on MP's part to have his PI make an 8 hr round trip to AL to strong arm their neighbor into giving up a dvr and maybe a few papers and tell her not to set foot on thier property...
I thought this guy was supposed to be looking for Gail and here he is intimidating people instead.

Yep. His actions are showing him to be growning paranoid, imo. I'm sure AD didn't hand over or show him anything Gail gave her. She wouldn't have to, right? Just LE. Maybe this is what MP was referring to in "complicating the search for Gail". That bull is still running loose. imo

I would think there is something already on the DVR recordings myself.
Why else would Arlene hang onto it? If she picked it up from BB, my guess is the DVR was stuck or some malfunction that caused gail to bring it in and she asked Arlene to pick it up. Perhaps Gail had a copy made? Arlene showed a lot of documentation that Gail was apparently keeping to prepare for a divorce. But she left it in Arlene's possession.

ETA: I would further guess that the security system DVR is from the Lake House not the SM house.

I'm not sure I know what a security DVR is--is that a recording from a security camera?

To me it sounds like he's a bit of a control freak.

A bit, eh? With a temper? And a drinking problem? Not a good combination.

Btw, MP might want back what he thinks is "his" but I do believe AD has it in writing from GP that she is not to give whatever items to anyone (except LE, of course).

Sounds like someone's life isn't going according to plan. IMHO.

I'm not sure I know what a security DVR is--is that a recording from a security camera?
Yes, they are for surveillance and can even live stream to your phone. I would have loved to have had that when my kids were at home. You can pretty much keep an eye on everything going on in the house in real time wherever you have a camera.

DVR stands for digital video recorder. A DVR is a device that records video in a digital format to an electronic memory medium. What most people think of when they hear DVR is the cable or satellite set-top box on their TV. The term also describes hardware and software for personal computers enabling video capture and playback to and from disk. Finally, and most importantly, DVR technology is the basis of video surveillance systems.
http://www.dvr.com/home.php

Thank you, but I can't get either of the videos to load.

The videos are a little wonky. I was finally able to get the audio to work on the video with the letter, but the video kept sticking. When you go to the page, click the link underneath the video that says 2:35 and has a picture of Gail, that will take you to the specific video with info about the letter.

Messing with her head. My thoughts, exactly. I think most of those ^^^^ types in Gaslight are always the passive/aggressive one. imo. "Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover" #? Start an argument so you can be alone. Friday's are usually a good target date so they can start "their" weekend. That's why I ask why he wasn't at work on Friday. Take off to start his week-end plans for himself?

Hollyblue post 435 said:
What I don't understand is why she came back so quickly since school was out until Monday, and until I hear a good reason I'm just not going to be satisfied.

Did hubby call and give her an ultimatum? Did he threaten her? Did they talk on the phone at all while she was in AL?

Yes, her friend or neighbor Arlene, who she gave documents to hold for her in Alabama, and had texted her for a fun date, said "she left in a hurry the next morning without saying goodbye"

Does anyone know why that was? If it is a 4 hr drive to her home in TN. that means she would have left approx. 8AM to get there by Noontime?

Why wasn't her husband there at Noon? Where was he?

A bit, eh? With a temper? And a drinking problem? Not a good combination.

Btw, MP might want back what he thinks is "his" but I do believe AD has it in writing from GP that she is not to give whatever items to anyone (except LE, of course).

Sounds like someone's life isn't going according to plan. IMHO.

Is there a post about a drinking problem? I must have missed that one.

Please direct me to it if possible.

There's a second video up now,with Callie Starnes reporting from Alabama. LE searched the lake house (wooo hooo) and a dive team is scheduled to go into some of the waterways tomorrow.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14698557

That is such good news. And I'm happy to learn that Hamilton County was down in Alabama; previously, it sounded like they had just called Alabama LE and asked them to glance at the lake house. I am relieved to know that. I spent the weekend sad because it seemed looking for Gail was losing momentum, but thankfully that's not true.

Still boggling over the letter Matt sent to Arlene. Matt just keeps doing the exact wrong thing: Exaggerating his wife's issues, not caring that she's missing, not helping to look for her, and now bothering the people who are trying to find Gail because he doesn't like that they have info about the divorce.

Is there a post about a drinking problem? I must have missed that one.

Please direct me to it if possible.

People have alluded to it . . . For the first two 911 calls, both times GP left the house and MP stayed behind. Perhaps unable to drive anywhere?

Did anyone else notice that Matt wrote the name of the street wrong in the letter? He wrote 439 East St.
What's up with that? Okay the Y is near the T so I guess it is just a typo.

As a typist/transcriptionist who used to work for an insurance company, I know no one of his level in the company would have ever typed their own letters. I doubt he really knows how to type except in an online sense, so the typo makes sense.

Also, the PI's office probably has a secretary, typist, transcriptionist, or maybe even a legal transcriptionist. (Yes, they're all different things!) His office must have a lot of audio tape, video tape, and documentation to transcribe into professional documents that might even be used in court cases like divorces. A transcriptionist just doing their job probably wouldn't know enough about the addresses to realize it should have been Easy instead of East, and spellcheck wouldn't have caught it.

People have alluded to it . . . For the first two 911 calls, both times GP left the house and MP stayed behind. Perhaps unable to drive anywhere?

A couple people downright called him an alcoholic...although he was clearly functioning enough to have a decent job...may have been ok back in the sixties to have a couple drinks before getting off work but not today if anyone suspects it...maybe "a true friend" can chip in here...they were people on comment sections of articles who said they knew Gail...

Hollyblue post 435 said:
Yes, her friend or neighbor Arlene, who she gave documents to hold for her in Alabama, and had texted her for a fun date, said "she left in a hurry the next morning without saying goodbye"

Does anyone know why that was? If it is a 4 hr drive to her home in TN. that means she would have left approx. 8AM to get there by Noontime?

Why wasn't her husband there at Noon? Where was he?

As far as we know, no one knows why she left first thing the next morning and took the kids back. There are a lot of missing pieces here, and that's one of them.

Matt says he was at his mom's house at noon and arrived to find the kids alone with Gail already gone.

As far as we know, no one knows why she left first thing the next morning and took the kids back. There are a lot of missing pieces here, and that's one of them.

Matt says he was at his mom's house at noon and arrived to find the kids alone with Gail already gone.

You would think the LE already know what the next day's plans were, and I thought he was supposed to meet them there, or get access to the kids the next day? Pre-arranged ?

Seems no one is sure of this then?

Thanks........

(makes no sense, I agree) too many unanswered questions leaves room for only speculation which usually is not very profitable in the end.):banghead:

Hollyblue post 435 said:

Does anyone know why that was? If it is a 4 hr drive to her home in TN. that means she would have left approx. 8AM to get there by Noontime?Why wasn't her husband there at Noon? Where was he?

Alabama is one hour behind Signal Mtn so IF it is a four hour drive she would have had to have left Alabama around 7:00 am on the 30th in order to arrive home at noon..JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam