Miss. woman shooting at dog kills husband.

WHY would she fire at the dog when her husband was holding it?
Was "cocaine" the husband's dog? Who names a dog "cocaine"?

Trust me I had those questions too which still has me scratching my head.

There is something just not right about this story. :waitasec: I wonder what the grand jury will decide. Maybe she was just hysterical and not thinking straight.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2015625/Woman-accidentally-shoots-husband-dead-tries-kill-pit-bull-puppy-attacked-kids.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Witnesses told Jackson police Robert Walker, 53, had picked up the eight-month-old pit bull after it had lunged at children on Friday.

His wife, Betty Walker, went inside to retrieve a gun, wounding the dog's leg with one shot and fatally shot her husband with another.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20110716/NEWS/107160342/Woman-fires-dog-kills-husband

Green said witnesses told police the dog "lunged and tried to attack some children" and Betty Walker pulled out the gun and fired.

The only way this would make sense is if she had a little cocaine before firing at the dog.

Dunno weird story. Makes no sense she would shoot at the dog while he was holding it.

I think she probably just freaked out when the pit bull was lunging at her grandchildren and had complete "protect the children, kill the dog" tunnel vision, made a split-second horrible mistake she can never take back. I certainly don't think she saw a pit bull pulling at a child and thought, "Aha! Perfect opportunity to shoot my husband."

An eight-month-old pit bull puppy is almost full sized, very strong, and plays way too aggressively for little ones, especially if it's kept in a yard and not trained or socialized properly, which I'm pretty sure is the case with Cocaine. Add to that the pit bull's bad press (whether deserved or not) and I can see why this poor woman could be frightened literally out of her right mind.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20110717/NEWS/107170347/Man-holding-pit-bull-when-shot-son-says?odyssey=tab%7Cmostpopular%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE

Family and friends wandered in and out of Walker Jr.'s home offering condolences and consoling Betty Walker, who mourned in a back bedroom.
The Walkers were married for 32 years and had four children.
"My mom loved my dad. They traveled the world together," Walker Jr. said.
"She said, 'Please forgive me. I killed your daddy.' We told her she was only trying to protect him."

~sigh~

way too many things for me to be snarky about in this story

WHY would she fire at the dog when her husband was holding it?
Was "cocaine" the husband's dog? Who names a dog "cocaine"?

I had a friend that named his dog Caine (short for cocaine).

:waitasec:

I don't know what makes people do such things.

Very sad and sounds like a surprising thing that gave her no time to think. An accident waiting to happen, it sounds like. It could be very easy to miss the dog if it's struggling and twisting and moving in someone's arms, trying to get free. Even if you hit it, the bullet might not stop but might go straight through and hit the person holding the dog, depending on where you hit the dog.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back