GUILTY MO - Breeann Rodriguez, 3, Senath, 6 August 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, what the mom said is very strange to me...why would she think that someone just doens't want to tell her what happened or where her child is? It almost sounds accusatory. I wonder if she has someone in mind. That's all.

I definitely think it is possible she has someone in mind, but it could also be a situation in which the neighborhood/locals are not keen on speaking to cops, even if they did see something. You see lots of examples of this on the first 48.

I've observed that there are many, many parents who don't enforce their kids' bedtimes (if they even have one), especially during the summer and/or on weekends. So kids are up very late, which often means that they sleep later than one might expect in the morning. I see it regularly.

And didn't she disappear on a Saturday? Perhaps BreeAnn went to bed late the night before, since it was a weekend. Regardless, I don't think it's relevant to her disappearance at this point.

And I don't think I can take another round of 'they didn't call 911 fast enough' with these parents, such as we saw on the Celina threads. The way I see it, we're trying to figure out what might have happened to a missing little girl and hoping she'll come home safe, not trying to take away the 'Parent Of the Year' prize from anybody.

I pointed out all of the things about this case that strike me as unusual. I'm sorry if that offended you. Please don't be angry.

I pointed out all of the things about this case that strike me as unusual. I'm sorry if that offended you. Please don't be angry.

No apologies needed, as I am neither offended nor angry.

Just responding to something you said in a post with my own view, that's all.

Another thought about the mom's comment... Perhaps she meant that she thinks someone told the police something they saw and either they or the police don't want to tell her yet because they're not sure she needs to know it right now until they investigate further. Perhaps.

I've observed that there are many, many parents who don't enforce their kids' bedtimes (if they even have one), especially during the summer and/or on weekends. So kids are up very late, which often means that they sleep later than one might expect in the morning. I see it regularly.

And didn't she disappear on a Saturday? Perhaps BreeAnn went to bed late the night before, since it was a weekend. Regardless, I don't think it's relevant to her disappearance at this point.

<modsnip>.

ITA Martha, my kids (all 5 of them) have always been late sleepers on weekends. Bedtimes were always a little later on Friday and Saturday nights what with movies and popcorn and sleepovers with cousins, etc. Especially in the summer, but during the school year too. In fact my parents always made the rounds of houses on Christmas and MY house was always last because my kids slept till 10:00. Dad always woke my family up when they got to our house. I am one of 5 also.

I also don't believe a unique or unusual routine has anything to do with it. Predators watch for a routine what ever it might be. How would a predator know she didn't get up till 10. She could have been up at 6 every morning but not outside till 10. What time she got up didn't get her taken. Not having a routine might have just been safer. You can't plan to take a kid if you never know what time they are gonna come out to play. JMO.

So they never dreamy that in a town of 1500 people their child would disappear, so they thought they would find her with in a short period of time, so they knocked on some doors before they called LE, I am pretty sure a 1/2 hr 45 minutes would go pretty quickly and that could be when LE got there, not when they were called. We are not talking a big city here. I do not fault these parents one bit because they are not exactly who I am.

I will change my mind if the parents had anything to do with this but right now they are devastated and shouldn't be criticized at all.

"It's not clothing and it's not the bike," said Chief Karnes.

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/15243164/physical-evidence-found-linking-to-missing-girl

This does NOT eliminate a basket, or little bag, or horn, or especially training wheels.
Those are not "the bike" they are parts of the bike... and not required parts.
It's still a fully functional bike without training wheels, unlike handlebars or something else.

This does NOT eliminate shoes, or something in her hair or her hair itself either.

With Alisa Maier her abductor cut her hair to make her look like a boy.
That would be a GOOD sign... you don't do that unless you intend to keep the child alive. (Alisa Maier was released alive, also in Missouri.)

I am guessing at least one training wheel, possibly both.
I am HOPING that her hair was cut and they found it. The Chief might see that as a bad sign but I would see it as a great sign.

My impression from the article is that the mom means that the police don't want to tell her, not that a neighbor doesn't want to tell her. That's my take on it. Here are the paragraphs from the article:

Rodriguez' parents, Edgar Rodriguez and Claudia Ramos, said authorities haven't told them very much about the items of interest that have been found.

"They say they don't want to tell us something that is not relevant," Rodriguez said as he and his wife searched the grassy area south of Senath where the two items of interest were found. "They are still looking for that white van. As far as the community goes, everybody we talk to says they didn't see anything."

"We know somebody saw something," Ramos said. "They just don't want to tell us."

http://www.dddnews.com/story/1752168.html

I could be wrong about that, of course. But given the way the article was written it's hard to tell who the 'they' is.

I hadn't look at it that way! Good eye. I can see how it could read "they don't want to tell us" as LE....I'd been thinking "they" were neighbors, or whatever. It makes perfect sense though.

There are so many other huge inconsistencies, though.

So they never dreamy that in a town of 1500 people their child would disappear, so they thought they would find her with in a short period of time, so they knocked on some doors before they called LE, I am pretty sure a 1/2 hr 45 minutes would go pretty quickly and that could be when LE got there, not when they were called. We are not talking a big city here. I do not fault these parents one bit because they are not exactly who I am.

I will change my mind if the parents had anything to do with this but right now they are devastated and shouldn't be criticized at all.

I agree.

And I really doubt that the vast majority of parents would immediately call 911 when they first realize their child isn't where she should be. I think the logical and most common response is that the parents run out and look everywhere that they think she might be, calling her name, asking people if they've seen her, looking for her bike. Then after a period of time passes, and the parents are getting even more frantic, they call 911. And yes, a half-hour or even an hour can go by before you know it when you're trying to cover even a block or two.

I honestly can't picture the scenario in which a kid tells his parents he can't find his sister and they call 911 before they do anything else. I think he impulse is to go get her.

Can someone please send this link to LE or FBI...I've got to go to work and I've had appointments all day. Look at the corner of Hope Street and Slate TIA
Address in map is done by google by default...I didn't put this address in the search...just Hope Street.
Hope St - Google Maps

:seeya: I sent in the tip to the FBI.

Another thought about the mom's comment... Perhaps she meant that she thinks someone told the police something they saw and either they or the police don't want to tell her yet because they're not sure she needs to know it right now until they investigate further. Perhaps.

The statement definitely jumped out at me.

I sort of get the impression that she thinks someone is unwilling to tattle on a family member.

That article says 2 pieces not 3 .And im thinking her shoes.

Odd. I don't think a descripton of her shoes was ever given, was it?

Is this what iam understanding . there were 4 total pieces of evidence found that police had her parents come look at to try and identify....but they were not clothing or bike is that correct.

Only 3 pieces, I beleive?, and the parents aren't knowledgeable of what they actually are. CS said LE wouldn't tell them because they were not able to say they were relevant.

I agree.

And I really doubt that the vast majority of parents would immediately call 911 when they first realize their child isn't where she should be. I think the logical and most common response is that the parents run out and look everywhere that they think she might be, calling her name, asking people if they've seen her, looking for her bike. Then after a period of time passes, and the parents are getting even more frantic, they call 911. And yes, a half-hour or even an hour can go by before you know it when you're trying to cover even a block or two.

I honestly can't picture the scenario in which a kid tells his parents he can't find his sister and they call 911 before they do anything else. I think he impulse is to go get her.

Well, I would have called in five minutes, and that's why I found it unusual to wait so long. Other than finding it unusual, it doesn't really strike me as suspicious.

I wasn't there and don't know the neighborhood nor the circumstances. So I can only speculate and think about how I would have responded. I tend to overreact, and I'd have no problem looking stupid if the police showed up to find out that I found my daughter on the toilet.

I live in a community where children go missing all the time. One of them was a 3-year-old girl named Caylee. I also live in a community where neighbors don't socialize much. So I would expect to see my daughter on the street or in our yard. It would only take me mere minutes to determine that she wasn't in either of those places. Then I would have called 911. Then I would have checked with neighbors.

I wouldn't think it's BreeAnn's training wheels or her shoes, since he said it's not the bike or clothing. I don't think he'd say that if it was even part of the bike, and shoes can be considered clothing. Plus, if they found her shoes there would be no doubt that they're related to this case. Or am I missing something?

Of course there's that other comment about not ruling out that the things were 'planted' there. So there could have been training wheels but not hers. And a child's shoes, but not hers. But that part's confusing to me.

The fact that they are so sure the items they found weren't there before suggests to me that the items were rather large. Did they say whether these items were similar or identical or completely different and unrelated?

This whole case is turning my stomach and giving me a migraine.

What kid wakes up at 10 a..m.? And they're saying it might have been closer to 11 a.m. My kids aren't much older, and they've been waking up before 7 a.m. for as long as I can remember. It's rare (like 2-3 times all year) that they sleep past 8 a.m.

The following sentence seems really weird to me.
"We know somebody saw something," Ramos said. "They just don't want to tell us."
I realize she's under a lot of stress. But the second half of that sentence seems accusatory. Why would someone withhold information that could help them find a 3-year-old girl?

Thirty minutes seems like a long time to wait before calling the cops. And the story I read says it might have been 45 minutes. Why is the reporter relying on the father's words? Surely it wouldn't take but a few minutes to check on the exact time of the 911 call.

In any case, it would take me less than five minutes to make that 911 call. If my daughter was outside alone, I'd check a few yards, drive around the block once and call 911. But I don't live in their neighborhood. Perhaps things are different there.

The statement about the case going in "circles" seems like the police chief said more than he meant to say. It seems like he's saying that things aren't adding up.

It's truly odd that they think someone might have planted evidence.

And it's even more bizarre that the evidence apparently wasn't around when they searched the area the first time.

Then there's the matter of what the evidence is. Why not tell us what it is? Wouldn't it possibly help solve the case? And the fact that there were three of these things seems odd. I could take 100 guesses. An empty Happy Meal box? Hair? A shovel? Dirty magazines? Rope? Duct tape? A bottle of bleach? Dolls? Photos? Blankets? I have no idea. But almost everything I just named would be something purchased from a store. Simply naming these items might jog someone's memory.

Agreed. All good points. I wonder if LE talked to the 5 yr old? Some things are not adding up, imo.

The time of day seems to match up with lunch times. If it was a contractor, he would probably be having lunch at that time. Contractors also work a lot in empty buildings. I hope they have checked every building where someone was doing repairs in the past few weeks. They also need to check every place where there was a contractor giving quotes to customers.

Well, I would have called in five minutes, and that's why I found it unusual to wait so long. Other than finding it unusual, it doesn't really strike me as suspicious.

I wasn't there and don't know the neighborhood nor the circumstances. So I can only speculate and think about how I would have responded. I tend to overreact, and I'd have no problem looking stupid if the police showed up to find out that I found my daughter on the toilet.

I live in a community where children go missing all the time. One of them was a 3-year-old girl named Caylee. I also live in a community where neighbors don't socialize much. So I would expect to see my daughter on the street or in our yard. It would only take me mere minutes to determine that she wasn't in either of those places. Then I would have called 911. Then I would have checked with neighbors.

I do completely agree with calling 911 asap, but I have to imagine there was some measure of disbelief. The "this cant be happening" effect, I guess you could call it. Perhaps they thought that she must be around somewhere, and there was no reason to panic right away. I would be scared out of my mind after 20 seconds of not knowing where my child was...but it's so hard to say what one would do in that situation.

I am sure they talked to the 5-year-old, but I don't think there's any reason to think the 5-year-old could provide much information. He was inside when his sister disappeared, and I'm very confident that the family had nothing to do with what happened. If that were the case, I would expect there two be two missing children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth