Police say parents are not answering vital questions #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yes, it appears it has. So why don't we all get back on track?

If I remember correctly, LE did pull carpet out of that house. Maybe someone can find a link or the video? I think it was in a video or a picture - showed them all looking at the carpet in the driveway.

Salem
The carpet was not pulled from the house. It was taken from the garage and put back in the garage.

OK, so you have not accepted it as a piece of the puzzle. There are no dots for you.
How many dogs will be needed for you to validate it?

No need for her to validate her opinion. She thinks she needs something more and you are satisfied with what is available. It is all good. Let's move on. We all get to have our own opinion.

Salem

The carpet was not pulled from the house. It was taken from the garage and put back in the garage.

Thanks - I wasn't aware of that. I don't have time at the moment, but later I'll do some checking. It seems there was something about the hit on the carpet in the bedroom but I can't remember at the moment. I have that problem sometimes :innocent:

Salem

The idea that LE would do this in this case paints everything else they do in regards to Lisa Irwin evidence collection with a dirty brush. Sounds like someone wanting to taint the evidence collection and cast a queer eye towards law enforcement in this case.

I totally disagree. It is similar in the scheme of things to telling a suspect that they failed a polygraph, or that there is a video of them when there isn't. It is an easy, "mostly legal", means to an end.

To put this in perspective just answer one question: how would LE have gotten probable cause for a search warrant in this case, otherwise?

Seriously, PC is one of the hardest things to get, and judges shoot down requests all the time. A missing baby is not enough. Holes in the mom's story is not enough. But a cadaver dog hit? Oh yeah - that's enough!

Now the question is why does JI suspect Samantha as the culprit who took Lisa?

He does? I haven't see that anywhere. I thought they were all friends? Didn't Samantha accompany them on their Halloween weekend away?

Thanks - I wasn't aware of that. I don't have time at the moment, but later I'll do some checking. It seems there was something about the hit on the carpet in the bedroom but I can't remember at the moment. I have that problem sometimes :innocent:

Salem

Salem, the search warrant application cited a hit by a dog in "an area of the floor" at the foot of the bed, IIRC. So it could have been carpet, bare floor, clothing, bedding, toy, throw rug, etc. - something in that area of the floor is all we know.

I understand, but is the inference that there must be more evidence hence a cadaver was definetely in that house? Isn't that just straight up guessing at this point?

I don't think I've ever said that there must have been a cadaver in that house but unfortunately I can't rule it out at this point either based on what we know.

Salem
The hit was on the "floor" of the bedroom. Nothing noted specifically as to what the hit was on. If the carpet that was seen on film was from the bedroom would LE put all of the furniture back and put all of the junk back in the bedroom? Or even move all of furniture and stuff out of the room in the first place or just cut the carpet out where it needed testing? Not arguing or anything. Just stating logic.

Please move on over to the new thread on this subject, here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7407861#post7407861"]Police say parents are not answering vital questions #3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I will be locking this thread in about 3 minutes. Remember to copy any post you are writing before submitting it, just in case this thread is locked while you are typing.

Salem

I totally disagree. It is similar in the scheme of things to telling a suspect that they failed a polygraph, or that there is a video of them when there isn't. It is an easy, "mostly legal", means to an end.

To put this in perspective just answer one question: how would LE have gotten probable cause for a search warrant in this case, otherwise?

Seriously, PC is one of the hardest things to get, and judges shoot down requests all the time. A missing baby is not enough. Holes in the mom's story is not enough. But a cadaver dog hit? Oh yeah - that's enough!

Cannot answer your question because I do not have access to what was found in the initial search. To place everything on one hypothetical event that gives LE a black eye to start with is leading and smells of a set up.

Salem

There may be more, but here is what we know about the carpet, based on facts and not speculation:

A rolled up rug was taken out of the garage. It was visible to the media. I don't believe anything was done to it (I may be wrong - there was talk about the possibility that LE let the HRD dog sniff it). It was then returned to the garage.

The carpet inside the parent's bedroom, where the HRD hit allegedly took place did not appear disturbed after the warrant search. The carpet had not been removed in whole or in part, and neither had any flooring by appearances. The wall next to the area had also not been removed or apparently disturbed.

That is all verified by video of the events. What ELSE happened to the rolled-up rug or the bedroom carpet, we just don't know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veryinterested68