GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks like the same guy, but so much older. Seriously, side by side looks like father/son pictures. Reminds me of the "pictures of meth" where they show the before and after. There's no way a life of clean living made that drastic of a change in this guy during a 3-4 year period.

A REALLY hard life these last 4 years? :) I dunno, just looking at the face, ears, nose, eyebrows (now going back to mark under his left eye too, which appears in both photos)... Still looks to me like a match. :dunno:

Ya think? :D Actually, every time I see my physician and get measured/weighed, my height is different: 5'4" (my long-time adult height), 5'3.75", 5'3.5". Whatever! Gotta be the "big hair" :D

He looks like the same guy, but so much older. Seriously, side by side looks like father/son pictures. Reminds me of the "pictures of meth" where they show the before and after. There's no way a life of clean living made that drastic of a change in this guy during a 3-4 year period.
" It reminded me of "Faces of Meth" too.

A REALLY hard life these last 4 years? :) I dunno, just looking at the face, ears, nose, eyebrows (now going back to mark under his left eye too, which appears in both photos)... Still looks to me like a match. :dunno:

Due to freckle type marks,etc., I say probably. But he looks like he had cosmetic eyr surgery.

Has Ordway, CO been mentioned in any of the news articles?

The FBI issued a statement late Sunday saying the body of 43-year-old Sherry Arnold of Sidney, Mont., might be buried in a "shelter belt," or a line of trees that protects soil from the wind. The agency asked that property owners in three North Dakota counties — Williams, McKenzie and Mountrail counties — and in far northeastern Montana check vacant farmsteads for signs of disturbed soil or matted grass.

"Based on investigative evidence gathered over the last few days, it is believed that Ms. Arnold may be deceased," FBI spokeswoman Debbie Bertram said in a statement. "Her body has not been recovered."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2012/01/15/national/a155521S15.DTL&type=politics

I wonder if they found vegetation in the truck. Apparently, neither one is telling or admitting... IMO

I imagine from the looks and rap sheet of the suspect in pix above that he is going through some big time withdrawals right now.

I hadn't seen it mentioned... it is near Crowley. I do remember Crowley from years ago. Are either one listed in that area?

Possibly, but I have no way to confirm if it's the same person or just someone who shares a name with the younger suspect. If it is him, then he's originally from southwest Louisiana, near Crowley, coincidentally.

I imagine from the looks and rap sheet of the suspect in pix above that he is going through some big time withdrawals right now.

I suppose they've got all they could out of him, and now they are turning to the public?

Yeah and if that is happening he most likely can't answer any questions worth beans...

The FBI issued a statement late Sunday saying Arnold's body might be buried in an area with a line of mature or rotted trees, and the surrounding grass might be matted.

The agency requests that North Dakota property owners in Williams, McKenzie and Mountrail counties, and in extreme northeastern Montana, check such areas.

http://billingsgazette.com/email/to...cle_bc549dde-3fe1-11e1-98bf-0019bb2963f4.html

Sounds like they have a confession or confessions but the perp(s) couldn't remember exactly where they buried her.

I hope, for the family's sake, that they find her soon.

His mugshot at that time was in INdian River County, Fla. Is that tribal land? Is he Native American descent? I ask because there are rumors that she was taken to tribal land and that is why she has not been found yet.

No, Indian River is not tribal land. It's a waterway that opens onto the Atlantic Ocean and it's in the orange growing area of Florida.

I would have hoped Montanans (and North Dakotans) had done this a week ago.

They specify a vacant farmstead. In that part of the country, the nearest "neighbours" can be 10 or more miles apart. Keep in mind that there are large parts of Montana and North Dakota that average less than two people per square mile of land. That's a lot of land with very few people.

It's not so hard for me to believe that there are vacant farmsteads that have been forgotten. I mean, "vacant" could apply to a farmhouse that was vacated a year ago or more than a century ago. At least they specify a treeline! "Matted grass" covers most of the area at this time of year and is not at all helpful as a location clue.

The problem is that just about every vacant farmstead has at least one treeline. "Mature or rotted" trees suggests that the place may have been vacant for many years, and therefore more likely to be forgotten.

A vehicle description might help. People might remember it parked along a road.

I am not an expert, but I think the defendant(s) in this case will be eligible for the federal death penalty.

Here is a list of federal laws which provide for the death penalty. A few of them seem as though they might apply in this instance, though obviously it's impossible to be certain until more details are known about the case.

Wikipedia explains that "the death penalty applies if the victim expires in the perpetrator's custody, not necessarily by his hand."

Here is a list of federal death penalty case summaries.

What is particularly interesting to me is that one of the prisoners currently on federal death row is Alfonso Rodriguez, Jr., who was given a capital sentence in 2006 for murdering Dru Sjodin. She disappeared from Grand Forks, North Dakota, but her body was found in Crookston, Minnesota. Neither state has the death penalty, but because Rodriguez transported her across state lines, the federal death penalty statute applies. It would be really unusual if North Dakota ended up with a second (or third) prisoner on death row despite not having the death penalty.

Does anyone know if the federal death penalty can be applied if Sherry died in Montana and her body was subsequently transported across the border into North Dakota? I'm not clear on whether the actual murder has to take place after a kidnapping across a state line in order to be a federal crime, or if the fact that a body is found in another state is sufficient indication.

P.S. I am from North Dakota, and cases like Sherry's and Dru Sjodin's absolutely break my heart. There aren't many people in North Dakota, and the violent crime rate is so low that when awful things like this do happen, people are really shaken.

Sounds to me like one of these perps described where her body was placed but can't pinpoint the exact location.

FBI needs property owners' help in search for Mont. teacher's body

The agency requested that North Dakota property owners in Williams, McKenzie and Mountrail counties, and in extreme northeastern Montana, check such areas. Officials stressed they do not need volunteers to search these vacant farmsteads, just property owners.
A press conference is scheduled for Monday at noon CST at the correctional center.

http://bismarcktribune.com/news/sta...cle_5ba42da4-3fe8-11e1-8add-0019bb2963f4.html

BBM

What a crock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members