Could JB turn in his license?

Wagara

Wishin' and hopin’ and thinkin’ and prayin’...
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been covered before but here goes...

It seems obvious that ICA will turn on JB when the trial is over. Based on various reading, I'm not clear if he can sever ties with her if she gets LWOP. If JB is no longer a practicing attorney, could he be forced to deal with her?

I understand he could be held responsible for any accusations she makes against him but, other than that, is discontinuing his practice a method he could use to cut her loose?

Could he move to another state and, if he can qualify, practice law without getting pulled back into ICA's world?

It seems obvious that ICA will turn on JB when the trial is over. Based on various reading, I'm not clear if he can sever ties with her if she gets LWOP. If JB is no longer a practicing attorney, could he be forced to deal with her?

I understand he could be held responsible for any accusations she makes against him but, other than that, is discontinuing his practice a method he could use to cut her loose?

Could he move to another state and, if he can qualify, practice law without getting pulled back into ICA's world?

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will chime in but I wouldn't think he would be responsible for sticking with her through her appeals. Once she's convicted, I imagine he could walk away.

(Which for ICA, might be the best idea. She would be assigned a public defender who probably would know what he/she is doing. Unlike her current counsel)

JMHO as always!

I know I have heard of Appeal lawyers, not sure if their is something they have to do to be qualified to do appeals. Like not all lawyers are able to defend death penealty cases???

I think if he loses this case, he's toast :loser: IIRC he can't represent her after conviction because she will need an appelate lawyer. Same situation for the SP case where MG can't represent him any longer.
I do believe she will tear him apart in any way she can if convicted. :banghead:

I believe his obligation ends as soon as the sentence phase concludes.
As for his ability to practice law in Florida ... I stongly believe the Anthony's lawyer will be filing charges with the Florida Bar when the case is over. That, plus the fact that his client will definitly charge him with inapropriate conduct after her conviction means his licence will be taken away LONG before he ever has an opportunity to let it lapse.

I think if he loses this case, he's toast :loser: IIRC he can't represent her after conviction because she will need an appelate lawyer. Same situation for the SP case where MG can't represent him any longer.
I do believe she will tear him apart in any way she can if convicted. :banghead:

I think ICA will try to get some sort of revenge because that is just the way she is. However, I think right now seems perfectly happy with his performance. jmo

I think he won't lose his license, but I bet he is going for a movie deal; not "selling the story" type of deal, but he wants the starring role in something, anything. :floorlaugh:

I believe his obligation ends as soon as the sentence phase concludes.
As for his ability to practice law in Florida ... I stongly believe the Anthony's lawyer will be filing charges with the Florida Bar when the case is over. That, plus the fact that his client will definitly charge him with inapropriate conduct after her conviction means his licence will be taken away LONG before he ever has an opportunity to let it lapse.

BBM

Why would they file charges with the Bar? Lawyers can't be tried for allegations they makes during a trial.

JB would not be involved in an appeals process. I'm not so sure he will have his license revoked, though -- that's a complex process and will involve more than just dissatisfaction with his handling of this particular case.

I think a lot of folks are going to need to change their phone numbers and not open certain mail. But, she'll be in jail for a long time, seems like a simple solution to ignore her. mo

When Casey was spending 8+ hours daily at JB's office, I don't think they were "working" on her case all that time. I suspect that there was some other "work" being done away from the prying eyes of Jose's staff. I'm sure you get my drift ;) Remember how Casey was dressed when she'd leave her house each morning? Need I say more?

Anyhoo, if there was a "relationship" going on behind closed doors, it was most likely consensual, but Casey will turn the tables on JB and accuse him of "inappropriate conduct". jmo

I can name several high profile lawyers who no longer practice law, only show up to comment (on tv, of course) on highly publicized cases, i.e., Geraldo Rivera. They find their niche out of the courtroom.

BBM

Why would they file charges with the Bar? Lawyers can't be tried for allegations they makes during a trial.

Their lawyer, Lippmann, said on tv this week that he is prevented by law from making disparaging remarks about another lawyer but AFTER Mr Baez IS NO LONGER a lawyer he will make his feelings known. It was a jarring statement to say the least.
Based on this statement, I feel the Anthonys know things about Baez that aren't ethical. It has nothing to do with the molestation accusations.
Just my take on what he said.

Their lawyer, Lippmann, said on tv this week that he is prevented by law from making disparaging remarks about another lawyer but AFTER Mr Baez IS NO LONGER a lawyer he will make his feelings known. It was a jarring statement to say the least.
Based on this statement, I feel the Anthonys know things about Baez that aren't ethical. It has nothing to do with the molestation accusations.
Just my take on what he said.

By any chance do you remember what show he said this on? I WOULD DIE TO SEE IT!!!!!! :floorlaugh::great::floorlaugh:

I wish I could find the post I'm thinking about...it was about how ICA would fight this and fight that and would request copies of this and that and he would be obligated to supply those copies at his own expense and such stuff...I'm just wondering how much his license will mean to him when this trail is over!

I wish I could find the post I'm thinking about...it was about how ICA would fight this and fight that and would request copies of this and that and he would be obligated to supply those copies at his own expense and such stuff...I'm just wondering how much his license will mean to him when this trail is over!

He said it on In Session earlier this week, Tuesday or Wednesday I think. He was being interviewed during one of the lunch breaks by Ryan Whats-his-name.

JB turn his license in? Oh heck no, he loves himself way to much to just turn it in. Will there be loads of complaints? Oh yeah, and I bet a strong one comes from JP. MOO

JB can sever all ties with her 30 days after a final judgement is handed down. He is free from the case and the client at that point outside of his ongoing obligation to maintain his clients privilege. (and not directly act against her interests.)

He should find a new career. I don't believe he is suited for law, nor do I believe he will improve with time and practice.

JB will never, ever voluntarily turn in his license. JB thinks he is a God. I do believe he will dump KC as soon as possible after the trial is over if she is convicted. I also think KC will turn on him and accuse him of all kinds of things. After all, that is what she does. To everyone.

However, if she is NOT convicted I think they will use each other some more, making their movie deals, talk show appearances.

The end of this trial will not be the end of this mess. No way!

JMHO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back