GUILTY Australia - Kiesha Weippeart, 6, Mount Druitt, NSW, 18 July 2010 - #2

Kiesha Abrahams: her grim life and death

Detectives are expected to include in their brief of evidence witness statements alleging that Kiesha was the subject of harsh, brutal discipline and was sometimes "flogged".

At other times, she was allegedly forced to put her hands on her head and stand in the corner of a room for hours.Police records show the Abrahams family had 36 complaints lodged with police. No charges were laid.

Neighbours of Abrahams and Smith at Seven Hills said arguments between the couple had escalated in recent days.

"There was a lot of fighting where I'd see him bashing on the back of the house yelling at her," one neighbour said.

Much more at link:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...m-life-and-death/story-e6freuzi-1226043849774

And....

State Coroner Mary Jerram's spokesman Angus Huntsdale said in a statement last night: "The State Coroner hasn't made a decision yet whether to reopen (the) Ayden Weippeart matter."Mr Weippeart, Kiesha's biological father, said through a friend he would support any potential moves by authorities to re-examine Ayden's death.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sydney-nsw/siblings-death-query/story-e6freuzi-1226043863768

Grim details of Kiesha's life emerge
Kiesha Abrahams was brutally disciplined by her parents and had barely attended school before she went missing from her Sydney home, according to family friends.
More...

Hundreds mourn Kiesha at vigil
On what would have been the seventh birthday of missing Sydney girl Kiesha Abrahams hundreds gathered at a candlelight vigil outside her Mt Druitt home last night placing Easter bunnies stuffed toys and other items along the front fence.
More...

A bite/kill now - feel guilty later kinda mentality?
Or they knew the arrest was coming and wanted to make it look like they felt bad about what they did?
I dunno. I don't understand them and am so glad I don't.

When it is an impulsive action, it isn't unusual to have guilt afterwards. But generally, that would translate into confession, showing of emotion, showing remorse... before 8.5 months have gone by.

If they wanted to make it look like they felt bad... they could have done that without showing they knew where her body was. Made some sort of tribute themselves, in a favorite area of Kiesha's... something like that.

It's just hard for me to believe that they suddenly had remorse. Unless maybe for some reason the other kids being taken away triggered it? I'm not sure...

Thinking of beautiful Kiesha today. May she be dancing with the angels this Easter day joyous and happy as a little girl should always be. <3

When it is an impulsive action, it isn't unusual to have guilt afterwards. But generally, that would translate into confession, showing of emotion, showing remorse... before 8.5 months have gone by.

If they wanted to make it look like they felt bad... they could have done that without showing they knew where her body was. Made some sort of tribute themselves, in a favorite area of Kiesha's... something like that.

It's just hard for me to believe that they suddenly had remorse. Unless maybe for some reason the other kids being taken away triggered it? I'm not sure...

It's hinky, that's for sure. Something's just not sitting right about the whole thing.
I don't think they had, or ever will have remorse in the true sense.
Maybe Kristi was feeling haunted by dreams/nightmares and in an attempt to put her own mind at rest, she made the visit.
Ie: she didn't feel she deserved punishment for her actions by confessing, she just wanted to stop the nightmare in her own head.

(I'm making the assumption that it was Kristi pushing to make the visit based on the quote about the recent increase in arguments).

The other thing that's been bouncing around my head:

Police say they knew in advance about the visit to the make-shift grave and they were ready to make an arrest even if the Thursday night visit didn't happen.
Someone told them about the alleged floggings. Someone told them about Rob allegedly burning the suitcase. Someone told them where K&R were headed on Thursday night. Someone told them about K&R getting a taxi to the dump site last year. Someone told them about Kieshas body laying in the home for 3 days before being stuffed into a suitcase.

Anyone else wondering if maybe Kristi has turned on Rob and will try the battered wife route?
Kristi was recovering from a c-section, right? She could claim she wasn't physically capable of killing Kiesha, loading her in a suitcase and then into a taxi, or digging a grave....That Rob did it all and forced her to watch, telling her he would do the same to her or the other kids if she told anyone.

ETA: JMO

Love for Kiesha beats flames
NOT even a devastating fire can stop the outpouring of grief for murdered six-year-old Kiesha Abrahams.
Just hours after a teddy bear tumbled on to a candle, sending Kiesha's memorial wall up in flames, mourners had begun to rebuild the display.
The blackened fence outside Kiesha's former home on Woodstock Ave, Mt Druitt, was decorated with fresh flowers, toys and cards soon after firefighters left yesterday.
More...

RIP sweet Kiesha ...im glad shes finally been found and justice is comming to these 2 horrible people.

New link as old one broken

Kiesha's life and death

Yoni Bashan From: The Sunday Telegraph April 24, 2011 12:00AM

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/grim-details-of-kieshas-life-and-death/story-fn6e0s1g-1226043771504

Thanks for fixing the link for me.

I missed this bit when I first read it:
Corrective Services staff are conducting an assessment of the pair to see whether they should be moved into protective custody for their safety.

I'm REALLY surprised they weren't put straight into PC.

But the audacity!!!!! I'm still in shock at K&R allegedly using a taxi to transport Kiesha's decomposing body to the dump-site.

Since the detectives have had to lie in order to lull K&R into believing they were not suspects, I wonder how true this statement from early this year was?

I am so upset to hear K&R had 36 complaints filed against them for abuse before Kiesha was murdered and that the amount of blood found in her home strongly suggests she was murdered there.

"Blood was allegedly found on the floor, doors, lounge and bedsheets of the home when the unit was foresically searched."

Since Kiesha's body was transported in a suitcase in a taxi, the taxi driver should have contacted LE shortly after K&R reported Kiesha missing. If he/she had, perhaps LE could have located Kiesha's remains much sooner.

Remember the shovel that was found hidden in a drain pipe? Would Rob have taken a shovel with him in the suitcase?

I recall Rob and Kristi's account of what happened the night before & morning Kiesha allegedly "went missing" and how unbelieveable they were. Thank God Kiesha's other siblings won't have to grow up under these horrendous conditions.

This article seems to indicate R&K told someone they were planning to visit Kiesha's grave and they tipped off LE. If that is the case, this person will be entitled to the reward money. I wonder if Rob's mother who gave them a ride was the tipster ?

"The couple was unaware they had been monitored for police for sometime before they were arrested, with intelligence gathered by indicating they would visit the child's burial site some time around her birthday.

I'm so sad you were treated so cruelly Kiesha.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8240490/accused-killers-visited-bush-grave

Awe..just heard about this from my Auntie in Australia..she said that they were carrying flowers when they were apprehended...why oh why..such a lovely wee joy of a girl.

I just got home from a Remembrance Ceremony for a dear friend. Gone too soon...she was only 45...full of life, somewhere along the line she contracted Meningitis, she dealt with the public... gone within days, leaving three young children and a broken man. Heartfelt tears for my dear friend Amy...tears for Keisha on this Easter Sunday.

Remember... they were unaware they were being "monitored."

Their phones were taken in the beginning and were "bugged" before they were returned.

I am guessing all other forms of communication were as well. So they would not have needed someone to tip them off... they would have heard the conversation about going to visit the grave. They may have heard arguments between the two of them about Kiesha's treatment.... "well you are the one who made her stand with her hands on her head for hours..." They could have gotten those pieces of information from listening in as well.

I'm not sure there was an actual person who tipped them off... possibly just the conversations they have been listening to for months.

Remember... they were unaware they were being "monitored."

Their phones were taken in the beginning and were "bugged" before they were returned.

I am guessing all other forms of communication were as well. So they would not have needed someone to tip them off... they would have heard the conversation about going to visit the grave. They may have heard arguments between the two of them about Kiesha's treatment.... "well you are the one who made her stand with her hands on her head for hours..." They could have gotten those pieces of information from listening in as well.

I'm not sure there was an actual person who tipped them off... possibly just the conversations they have been listening to for months.

Hello MsFacetious,

I forgot LE took their phones.

Nonetheless, it is difficult for me to accept Kristi and Rob weren’t aware LE were monitoring them. Rob told reporters LE were convinced he murdered Kiesha so the couple were the only suspects. Immediately after Kiesha “disappeared”, they vacated the flat and became fugitives on the run. The couple did eventually lead LE to her body but because they didn't come clean and confess to killing Kiesha beforehand, they lost the chance to have the charges reduced.

The picture taken of Kristi squatting behind a barred fence spoke a million words.

I can’t understand why they risked going to her gravesite on her Birthday. That is truly an act of insanity IMO.

Now that we know for certain Kiesha was murdered at home, where did the money that was deposited into their bank account just before she died came from?

Does anyone recall if Rob and Kristi owned a vehicle?

Kiesha did not die in vain. Now Kristi and Rob will never be able to murder their other children.

^ I thought they didn't own a car but had occasional use of Kristi's brother's car.

And yes, visiting her bushland grave on her birthday was absolutely INSANE!! They must have had a subconscious need to be caught and punished for what happened after all because they set themselves up perfectly.

Does anybody know why or when the other 2 children were removed by DoCS?

Abrahams mother 'distraught'
The mother of murdered Sydney girl Kiesha Abrahams has been placed under 24 hour surveillance in prison.
More... Video included...

Tears in the lonely bush for Kiesha Abrahams
The wider tracks give way to smaller tracks until, eventually, there is no track left at all and you find walking through scrub with twigs and leaves underneath until, in this case, you come to an opening of freshly scraped earth.
For four hours on Sunday Alison Anderson walked the trails trying to find this place.
It was necessary because this is the place police believe was the final resting place of Kiesha Abrahams, the girl reported missing by her mother, Kristi Abrahams, and stepfather, Rob Smith, in August. On Friday they were charged with her murder.

Police look at death of Kiesha's brother
HOMICIDE detectives plan to reopen an investigation into the death of Kiesha Abrahams's brother after the arrest of her mother and stepfather on Friday over the little girl's murder.
Ayden, the son of Kristi Anne Abrahams, 28, and her former partner, Chris Weippeart, was believed to have died from sudden infant death syndrome more than a year before Kiesha was born.
But following the arrest about 1am on Friday of Kiesha's mother, Ms Abrahams, and stepfather, Robert Smith, 31, police are considering taking another look at Ayden's death.
More...

Abrahams mother 'distraught'
The mother of murdered Sydney girl Kiesha Abrahams has been placed under 24 hour surveillance in prison.

Tears in the lonely bush for Kiesha Abrahams
The wider tracks give way to smaller tracks until, eventually, there is no track left at all and you find walking through scrub with twigs and leaves underneath until, in this case, you come to an opening of freshly scraped earth.
For four hours on Sunday Alison Anderson walked the trails trying to find this place.
It was necessary because this is the place police believe was the final resting place of Kiesha Abrahams, the girl reported missing by her mother, Kristi Abrahams, and stepfather, Rob Smith, in August. On Friday they were charged with her murder.

Police look at death of Kiesha's brother
HOMICIDE detectives plan to reopen an investigation into the death of Kiesha Abrahams's brother after the arrest of her mother and stepfather on Friday over the little girl's murder.
Ayden, the son of Kristi Anne Abrahams, 28, and her former partner, Chris Weippeart, was believed to have died from sudden infant death syndrome more than a year before Kiesha was born.
But following the arrest about 1am on Friday of Kiesha's mother, Ms Abrahams, and stepfather, Robert Smith, 31, police are considering taking another look at Ayden's death.
More...

^ I thought they didn't own a car but had occasional use of Kristi's brother's car.

And yes, visiting her bushland grave on her birthday was absolutely INSANE!! They must have had a subconscious need to be caught and punished for what happened after all because they set themselves up perfectly.

Perhaps Kristi and Rob needed to make peace with Kiesha and that's what drove them to go to her gravesite on her Birthday; they couldn't live with the guilt like someone suggested. It is possible Kristi hadn't been there before; only Rob.

Did R&K go to the grave site after dark? IIRC they stayed in the woods a few hours and I'm wondering how they could stay so long if there was alot of bugs there this time of year. Perhaps they took bug spray with them.

I don't think they owned a car either so maybe Rob borrowed Kristi's brother's car rather than called for a taxi. Kiesha's disappearance received so much local attention I think that if he had called for a taxi driver, they would have reported the trip to LE unless Rob paid him to keep quiet. If Rob doesn't have a vehicle, checking the logs of the taxi companies might have been a good idea. If I was a driver and a male got in with a large suitcase and asked me to drive him to an isolated area in the woods, I would have immediately notified LE when I learned his stepdaughter was missing.

Can anyone remember if LE searched this neck of the woods with cadavar dogs ?

Perhaps Kristi and Rob needed to make peace with Kiesha and that's what drove them to go to her gravesite on her Birthday; they couldn't live with the guilt like someone suggested. It is possible Kristi hadn't been there before; only Rob.

Did R&K go to the grave site after dark? IIRC they stayed in the woods a few hours and I'm wondering how they could stay so long if there was alot of bugs there this time of year. Perhaps they took bug spray with them.

I don't think they owned a car either so maybe Rob borrowed Kristi's brother's car rather than called for a taxi. Kiesha's disappearance received so much local attention I think that if he had called for a taxi driver, they would have reported the trip to LE unless Rob paid him to keep quiet. If Rob doesn't have a vehicle, checking the logs of the taxi companies might have been a good idea. If I was a driver and a male got in with a large suitcase and asked me to drive him to an isolated area in the woods, I would have immediately notified LE when I learned his stepdaughter was missing.

Can anyone remember if LE searched this neck of the woods with cadavar dogs ?

BBM- The police allege that BOTH Kristi and Rob were in the taxi together with the suitcase, but that Rob alone burned the suitcase.
( I sooooooo badly want to know how they know this)

The taxi driver may have been working illegally. K&R may have hailed a cab from the street so there were no names/numbers attached to the trip that LE could follow up on. They could have gotten the driver to stop short of the reserve, where houses are , saying they were going to stay with friends/family.
The taxi drivers I know work really long hours and are more likely to hear the news than see it. So the driver may never have seen K&R on the news to be able to recognise them as parents of a missing child....and the ones who had been in his cab.....or he didn't want to get involved......or someone claimed K&R used a taxi, to cover for whoever might have really taken them there.

The area had been searched early on by LE and later by public searchers, and one public searcher was adamant that LE do a more thorough search there- but not sure if cadaver dogs were ever utilised.

Questions abound:

*Who was looking after the other kids while K&R were doing all of this? Or did they just leave the kids at home to fend for themselves?
*How/when did they get back to Woodstock Ave?
*Did Rob burn the suitcase at the same time/location?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back