Recovered/Located CT - Robert Hoagland, 50, Newtown, 28 Jul 2013

I noted that in the security cams from the morning RH appears to be wearing a watch on left wrist. I wonder if that watch was found at the house?

Here is the link to the photo I am referencing....
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Newtown-Police-Search-for-Missing-Man-218371451.html

And from this article there is a photo of Robert wearing a ring/band on one of his fingers on his right hand.

http://newtown.patch.com/groups/pol...and-case-but-actual-tips-with-actionable-info

Recently, Max has had a few run-ins with the law:

March 19, 2012 - Charged with Interfering with an officer and possesion of a controlled substance - paid an $850 fine (in Bridgeport, CT)

June 3, 2012 - Charged with 5th degree Larceny and paid a $500 fine (in Fairfield, CT) Maxtone Hoagland, of Sandy Hook, Connecticut, was charged with larceny in the fifth degree for taking $647 worth of gum and condoms from Super Stop & Shop, 1160 Kings Highway Cut-off. After his Sunday afternoon arrest, Hoagland was released on a promise to appear in court on June 12.

August 15, 2013 - Charged with 3rd degree Trespassing and was released on an "unconditional discharge" (in Bridgeport, CT)

He plead "guilty" on all the items above.

Full name is Maxtone Hoagland

He was left sitting in a jail cell while his father went missing. Wouldn't the mother have bailed him out as Max was the last person to see Robert?

March 19, 2012 - Charged with Interfering with an officer and possesion of a controlled substance - paid an $850 fine (in Bridgeport, CT)

June 3, 2012 - Charged with 5th degree Larceny and paid a $500 fine (in Fairfield, CT) Maxtone Hoagland, of Sandy Hook, Connecticut, was charged with larceny in the fifth degree for taking $647 worth of gum and condoms from Super Stop & Shop, 1160 Kings Highway Cut-off. After his Sunday afternoon arrest, Hoagland was released on a promise to appear in court on June 12.

August 15, 2013 - Charged with 3rd degree Trespassing and was released on an "unconditional discharge" (in Bridgeport, CT)

He was left sitting in a jail cell while his father went missing. Wouldn't the mother have bailed him out as Max was the last person to see Robert?

Do you have a link please?

Facebook pages of anyone other than Robert are not allowed, do not bring comments here. Additionally, we do not bring posts or information from other forums here. If you have MSM links or reports from LE, those may be posted and discussed.

Well, I have to say I found a link to the gum and condoms....
The age is wrong, to be Robert Hoagland's son, but the address sounds right.....
I wonder if the gum is nicorette? You know...the condoms and all...
Strange!!!
IMOO.

http://fairfield.patch.com/groups/p...gum-targets-of-shoplifting-spree-in-fairfield

Because the article is rather short, I only included the link....

Well, I have to say I found a link to the gum and condoms....
The age is wrong, to be Robert Hoagland's son, but the address sounds right.....
I wonder if the gum is nicorette? You know...the condoms and all...
Strange!!!
IMOO.

http://fairfield.patch.com/groups/p...gum-targets-of-shoplifting-spree-in-fairfield

Because the article is rather short, I only included the link....

They are hot commodity items and easy to sell on the streets in exchange for who-knows-what!

Facebook pages of anyone other than Robert are not allowed, do not bring comments here. Additionally, we do not bring posts or information from other forums here. If you have MSM links or reports from LE, those may be posted and discussed.

Boy, this will be slow going....most of us have this case pretty much solved....coming to this site is like "stepping back in time." Not a shot, but still frustrated.

Personally, I'm not a fan of MSM, so we are a little behind the 8-ball here.

Boy, this will be slow going....most of us have this case pretty much solved....coming to this site is like "stepping back in time." Not a shot, but still frustrated.

Personally, I'm not a fan of MSM, so we are a little behind the 8-ball here.

it is not stepping back in time. We are a family and victim friendly forum. That being said, keep what you find under your hat and if the case develops to a point that you can post what you have found it can open for discussion at that time.

by the way: WELCOME! :rockon:

I have a question, again I am having problems finding an article I read earlier. I have been trying to find it because I needed clarification on what I read and if I remember it correctly...again, I have checked all links and cannot find what I was looking for (sorry new to this and I should have written everything down) I suspect I started reading one article and then clicked on a link on that article which lead me to the one I am searching for..however maybe someone else saw the same thing and clarify for me??? :blush: :facepalm: I remember it talking about the laundry from when he mowed and I could have sworn I read something to the effect of his pants or shirt was in dryer clean and the other was in the washing machine.. went back to see if what was in washing machine was still clean or. Dirty but all I can find are articles saying his dirty clothes in the laundry. Did anyone else catch this other article and remember same thing? If so, why was one item washed and another in machine...is it common for men to do laundry for one outfit? If not, could it be someone else was trying to get then clean for other reasons? What bothers me is if he was so meticulous to put clothes in laundry (cleaned or not) why the dirty shoes in livingroom? Would he not leave outside or in garage for the next time?

Just questions and opinions~~ no facts

I remember reading that also. One was in the washer, one was in the dryer. I just assumed they were done in loads with other laundry of the same color.

Look here for a comment on this case that is strange.

www.facebook dot com/NewtownPatch/posts/640236522653971

Please review the first comment.

I remember reading that also. One was in the washer, one was in the dryer. I just assumed they were done in loads with other laundry of the same color.

http://lostnmissing.org/missing/robert-hoagland-july-28-2013-newtown-ct/

"A load of white laundry was ultimately found in the washer, which contained a white t-shirt, possibly the one he had been wearing earlier that morning. The dryer contained a pair of khaki shorts, which could also have been those he wore earlier in the day."

it is not stepping back in time. We are a family and victim friendly forum. That being said, keep what you find under your hat and if the case develops to a point that you can post what you have found it can open for discussion at that time.

by the way: WELCOME! :rockon:

thanks, but keep in mind there are two forums out there that are very deep into this case. Stepping in here seems to be going back to step one....I'll start to copy/paste some of earlier findings to bring this group up to speed. I'll do my best.

I had already posted several posts, but it was on the "information" forum which is "victim friendly".....so this "discussion" forum is more suited by my info (the admin told me).....I'm new here, so I'm still working out the kinks.

"Max was the last person to see his father at the family home."

Link: http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Search-widens-for-missing-Newtown-man-4784645.php#src=fb

Now we have heard quotes from Max, but no direct quotes from HIM. Lori Hoagland, the wife of Robert, has been filtering all these "sightings".

She is the one who said "he purchased a map of the Eastern US" to possibly go hiking with Max.

Have the police confirmed this?

She said, he "played three games on online scrabble".

Was this from Max?

She said, "a neighbor stopped over to show Robert a new puppy."

But the neighbor hasn't confirmed this.

She texted Robert and called his cell phone several times before reporting him missing. My question is why didn't she call the house or call Max who was home?

She said Robert's phone was commonly dead and "couldn't hold a charge".... well, then why not call the home's land-line to reach Robert or possibly get Max on the phone to ask if Robert was on the way to the airport?

These are the things that no one has dug into.

Question: Why did the wife, Lori wait until August 24 before she created a Facebook Page to help search for Robert?

He was last seen on Sunday, July 28. She is a teacher and has the summer off. What DID she do to search for him other than call the police? I believe this is a fair question. She waited a month? Ask yourself what would you have done if your spouse went missing?

They created a dedicated Twitter account called @HelpFindHoagie on August 24. To date there have been 20 tweets, with just basic links to news articles.

They only have 19 followers. None of which are members of the immediate family.

"Max was the last person to see his father at the family home."

Link: http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Search-widens-for-missing-Newtown-man-4784645.php#src=fb

Now we have heard quotes from Max, but no direct quotes from HIM. Lori Hoagland, the wife of Robert, has been filtering all these "sightings".

She is the one who said "he purchased a map of the Eastern US" to possibly go hiking with Max.

Have the police confirmed this?

She said, he "played three games on online scrabble".

Was this from Max?

She said, "a neighbor stopped over to show Robert a new puppy."

But the neighbor hasn't confirmed this.

She texted Robert and called his cell phone several times before reporting him missing. My question is why didn't she call the house or call Max who was home?

She said Robert's phone was commonly dead and "couldn't hold a charge".... well, then why not call the home's land-line to reach Robert or possibly get Max on the phone to ask if Robert was on the way to the airport?

These are the things that no one has dug into.

Wouldn't the map that he purchased be on the video from the gas station?
On NamUs it states:
Under Circumstances, (Snipped):
"Robert was last seen at a gas station filling up his VW Gulf and purchasing a map of the Eastern half on the United States. Robert returned home."

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/21356

From this article it states he was on video:

"That morning, he went to the Bagel Delight shop, then stopped at the Mobil gas station at 6:45 a.m. to buy a half-tank of gas."

"Station surveillance camera footage shows him in a white T-shirt, khaki shorts and his standard loafers. At the counter, he paid with a credit card."

http://www.newstimes.com/local/article/Search-widens-for-missing-Newtown-man-4784001.php

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back