GUILTY CO - Richard & Mayumi Heene charged in Balloon Boy Hoax, Fort Collins, 2009 - #2

Capri, from what I've seen in other child abuse cases here at WS, all one needs to do is pack up one's family and move to another state. It appears to be quite effective.

Not when he has possible federal charges pending, then he can just be extradited back, with another charge of crossing state lines. JMO

I did a rough calculation using: Helium has a lifting capacity of 1.02 kg/m3 (0.0640 lb/ft3).

Say the balloon is 21 feet - the radius would be ~10 feet. Say the balloon height average is ~2.5 feet. The area cylinder area would be ~780 cubic feet. Each cubic foot can lift 0.064 lbs. So 780 x .064 = ~50 pounds of lift.

Mylar does not weigh very much. I have no idea how much the gondola weighs.

Falcon weighted in at a whooping 37 lbs.

It would be close.

This said, you can tell from the lift videos and balloon flight there is no payload inside. Also, I noticed the balloon lost a lot of helium from the original takeoff volume (almost 1/3 was gone upon landing) - which is strange as mylar balloons usually hold gases very well. I believe this balloon / construction was not high quality.

I think he knew this and that is why he used cardboard and furring strips or 1x2in wood to brace it. I think with the extra 37 lbs. you would have seen a bulge in the bottom or he would have went right through. I think it would have barely left the ground. The way it took off, should have been this science wannabees first clue. Is 37 lbs underweight for a six year old?

here is the rap video the heene family made:

YouTube - Falcon Heene Rap

that whole family is out of control!!
the video features the kids simulating crapping in the road, and one sitting on a toilet covered in fake feces! just listen to the lyrics:eek::eek::eek:

BBM. That is the boys re-creating scenes from South Park showing "Mr. Hanky, the Christmas Poo." I know, ugh.

A six year old boy being 3'6 in height should weight around 47lbs.

http://www./patients/calculators/ht_wt_chartResult.asp

BBM. That is the boys re-creating scenes from South Park showing "Mr. Hanky, the Christmas Poo." I know, ugh.

I am not sure why some parents remain unclear on the fact that South Park is a show for adults, possibly teens... but, really, 6 year olds???

ETA: I guess the balloon thing is a better prank than the Brown Note Experiment... ewww.

Ugh! I can't stop myself from commenting on this...

From the article:
"It's a cultural thing and he leveraged that knowledge," Stevens said. "He believed that Asian women can be subservient and that's what he wanted. But it takes two to tango and she was with him for more than a decade. Every day that was the dynamic in play."

She/They/He sound a lot like a couple I know that I've mentioned on here before. He is a neanderthal man, never married, 45 when they met. She was originally from the Philippines and they became pen pals. Long story short, he hocked some of his guns and visited her there twice. The second time was for their wedding. It took another year for him to get her over here, but she sounds/acts soooooooo much like Mrs. Henne. They even look the same -- simple long hairstyle, modicum of makeup (just so you know, I'm preaching to the choir here -- I have a simple bob and wear very little makeup, but because I want to, not because my husband dictates it).

Anyway, watching how she interacts with her children and husband, they seem so similar to this woman I know, and her husband. I don't know about the Henne boys, but the little boy this couple has is being raised to be just like his dad (expecting subservience from women). As an example, we were visiting one day and this boy made a mess of his toys and when it came time to clean up, looked at me and said, "You can pick them up for me." I looked at him and said, "I don't think so."

Having said that...there could be abuse going on in the Henne family (as I suspect there is in the family I know). BUT....BUT....BUT....the woman I know KNEW what she was getting into (she married this guy so he could send money home to her family -- it happens quite often there)...so, while part of me feels for her, the other part of me says, "this is what you signed up for." She got $$$ for her family, he got a maid. Did this happen with the Henne's? He seems the type...so does she.
I've thought about this and frankly, although the boys may also be suffering from abuse, I'm very glad this family didn't have any daughters. I shudder to think.

Does anybody know - do three 9-volt batteries (as reported were in the balloon) count as "high voltage"?

I've thought about this and frankly, although the boys may also be suffering from abuse, I'm very glad this family didn't have any daughters. I shudder to think.

However, those three boys will someday be men and take their attitudes towards women out into the world.....<shudder again>

Hoppy

If this has already been posted and discussed, please forgive me.

This blog points out how some of the rap lyrics in the family's video are anti-homosexual, in fact, celebrate violence against gays. It makes me sick :furious::banghead::furious::

From http://www.towleroad.com/2009/10/balloon-boy-and-brothers-celebrate-stoning-a--in-rap-video.html

The video also features the same sort of anti-gay lyrics you might find in a Buju Banton video:

"I look up in the tree. What do I see? I see a trying to pee (?) on me. I pick up a rock. Threw it at his *advertiser censored*." The rest is unintelligible, but it has something to do with sending the to a doctor where he is taken care of."

more at link

This blog points out how some of the rap lyrics in the family's video are anti-homosexual, in fact, celebrate violence against gays. It makes me sick :furious::banghead::furious::

From http://www.towleroad.com/2009/10/balloon-boy-and-brothers-celebrate-stoning-a--in-rap-video.html

The video also features the same sort of anti-gay lyrics you might find in a Buju Banton video:

"I look up in the tree. What do I see? I see a trying to pee (?) on me. I pick up a rock. Threw it at his *advertiser censored*." The rest is unintelligible, but it has something to do with sending the to a doctor where he is taken care of."

more at link

I think the folks tried to explain this away by saying the kids say "Falcon" not the other f-word... Yeah, right... because that kind of language would be beneath this family, right? :shakehead:

ETA: There are multiple things wrong with this lyric, even if they did say Falcon... who lets their other children sing about throwing rocks at their youngest child's penis??? And, if they meant a bird... well, Mr Science should know birds don't have penises (penisae?) - they have cloacae. It's a fact, Jack.

I've been following Somer Thompson missing child case.
I thought I heard on TV news real quick something about dad having a 'past'
history with the law?

I hope somewhere down the line kids in the USA will take a bigger interest in science from learning of the Heene's experiment. I want to be nice.

more at link

Thanks hoppyfrog because I couldn't understand what they are saying. Throwing rocks at a bird or chicken out of a tree, is a big red flag to me. These parents weren't even teaching them basic morals and laws. Unfortunately now the whole family can learn about morals and laws together.

Does anybody know - do three 9-volt batteries (as reported were in the balloon) count as "high voltage"?

IMO I agree these boys suffer from malnutrition ,verbal abuse and possible physical abuse. If he doesn't actually hit them I think he may threaten to hit them.

I'm not sure about the nine volt battery but I know a fresh one shocks the ell out of your tongue.

Balloon Boy's Dad -- History of Violence

Posted Oct 20th 2009 2:18PM by TMZ Staff

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0UWa99yiD

ETA: he was married before? I wonder what that wife has to say about him.

Wow-assault with a deadly weapon....

"First of all, we've now found three criminal cases against Balloon Dad. In 1984, Heene was convicted of assault with a deadly weapon -- a gun -- and received three years probation.

In 1991, in San Bernardino, CA., Heene was arrested for corporal injury on a spouse. It appears he was not convicted."

One more, where he apparently rammed his car into a former employee...uh 3 times, all over a couple of hundred dollars that he owed Mr. Ortiz....................................

Wonder if the 1991 spouse will be telling her story now...............

Ugh, awful thought, I hope they had no children together.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back