SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem odd that the very first time she dates this new guy, she vanishes. Was he the "property" of another girl, maybe someone she knew, someone who contacted her later for a "chat"? If Heather knew this alleged person, maybe a call or text from her would not ring a lot of bells right off for anyone examining her phone.

This mostly came into my head due to a number of crime shows about female on female violence lately and its increase overall. But also because it seems too coincidental that she should vanish the night of a first date. And going out to meet a female might not feel as dangerous at a late hour.

Hey do we have anyone working for the Government in here? or anyone with connections? that DigitalGlobe thing is free for Government workers. Maybe one could help us out with some imagery??

A mbr of the government has access to this? I went to the DigitalGlobe site, but don't remember seeing this.

Does anyone have the details on this? That is, ANY Federal Government? Or, specifically, say DoD mapping agencies or law enforcement or intel?

Thank you for searching Cgs. I understand it's long hours, freezing *advertiser censored** cold and you have no idea what to expect. You are very helpful and I appreciate your efforts.

Actually, the forecast for Saturday is 71°.

A shotgun is great for home defense! When you're startled and have to fire on someone.....the spread of a shotgun makes it much more likely you'll hit your target.

Agree!! I have a shotgun..... if I was nervous I feel confident that I could shoot and even if my aim was off I would still hit my target.

Hoping the 66 days does not have to do with extreme dieting...she did seem overly concerned with her weight, IMO. I may be over-sensitive as my sister had anorexia and eventually died of organ failure when she got too thin...:(

So very sorry to hear that!

With all due respect, what is broke? Their daughter is missing and they are doing everything they can to find her. They can't "take some time to regroup," every second still counts, every minute will always count until she is found.

Who is to say they aren't thinking outside of the box? There is a lot going on behind the scenes and I am sure that they know a lot more than we do. If they had a new idea or a new strategy, they certainly wouldn't broadcast it to the public.

Abashfulben. I see you are passionate and I fully understand your point of view. I'm in the belief the family is doing everything they can to find their daughter. I did not mean to imply otherwise or upset anyone.

I'm curious what other resources parents would/could utilize if their daughter was missing? I know MS had t shirts/stickers one would receive for a donation to find Mickey. There was a p.i. (old school) helping with the family.

Seeing Terry cry makes me feel like the wolverine has ripped open my heart. I can't imagine how he feels... at all.

O/T. I hope Dawn Drexel is still helping the Elvis family. I think very highly of Dawn and her strength. She is an amazing person. All Moo.

Maybe his employer made the comment about everyone at TK cooperating and everyone having a chance to lead a productive life or something like that because she knows he had an alibi and it checked out.
I don't think in this day and age an employer of a big franchise would come out publicly and blindly support a known RSO.
It was clear in her comments who she was speaking about. So my thoughts are she has reason to be so firmly supportive-she is much closer to all of this than we obviously are. Or maybe I give her too much credit.

Eta clarification

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good points! And I hear what you are saying.

I thought about the alibi...but seems our timeline is so wide open I am not sure that the TK friends of his can be his alibi... but yes, perhaps they know more then we..or they blindly trust in him because they 'know' him/work with him.

I am not sure how much the TK franchise would play into it...are the TK corporate offices advising the MB staff? Maybe, and if they are...maybe they should come out with a press release about the situation.

GREAT advice about checking out the guns.

I've never shot the S&W autos. I shot the .40 cal baby Glock (Glock 27) and found the recoil too sharp for me at the time, although with thousands of rounds shot now I might be able to handle it. I went with the Glock 26 or the 'baby' Glock in 9mm. That is another option and for a gun with 3" barrel it is very accurate or, at least, for me.

I've never shot the Springfield XDS, but I have the XDM and I find working the slide to be the most difficult of any gun I've ever shot. I would not recommend the XDM for most women. Can't speak to the XDS.

Others: Kahr 9mm or .40 cal
Keltec (although it has a heavy trigger right out of the box. gunsmith can fix that, though.)
Kimber 1911 style in 9mm
Walther (although pricey for a handgun)
Sig Sauer (this is what NCIS has gone to in .40 cal.)

I personally prefer a 1911 style (Kimber, Colt and several others make this popular style). Not a difficult slide to work, has a slide safety (unlike a Glock) and because they are single stack magazines easier to handle if you have small hands. My second fav are the Glocks, but the ones with double stack magazines (most of them) are not as easy to shoot if you have small hands.

But the advice to go to a range and rent the handguns is GREAT advice. Find the gun you are comfortable with and then buy it.

My husband sold his Colt Commander (.45) that had a tendency to jam and bought a Sig Sauer P230 (.38) and believes this is a superior weapon for a woman's self defense given the correct ammunition which is 'hollow-point'.
My hands aren't large and the gun feels comfortable but substantial when I aim it.
In a life or death situation he told me to pull the trigger three times. :twocents:

Actually, the forecast for Saturday is 71°.

LadyHawkke. I want to say I'm beyond sorry this situation is happening to you, your brother and your entire family. I will be donating funds this week to find Heather.

With such an increase in temperature, hopefully more people will attend the search this weekend.

My husband sold his Colt Commander (.45) that had a tendency to jam and bought a Sig Sauer P230 (.38) and believes this is a superior weapon for a woman's self defense given the correct ammunition which is 'hollow-point'.
My hands aren't large and the gun feels comfortable but substantial when I aim it.
In a life or death situation he told me to pull the trigger three times. :twocents:

My Kimber Ultra would jam 8 or 9 times in a box (50 rounds) when I got it. I replaced the recoil spring with a stronger one and a gunsmith found burrs on the slide/receiver area and honed them off. Works like a charm now.

I had one Colt, a full size, and it did not work properly right out of the box. A gunsmith fixed the ejector, replaced some parts and fine tuned others. Later I shot with a guy who had $3K+ Wilson and I could match him. Switched guns, same result. I've found that Colts and Springfield 1911's need about $250-$400 additional work out of the box, but then they are usually great guns after that.

Getting on one of my favorite topics. Guns. Now back to HE. Still trying to find info on DigitalGlobal and satellite images.

Actually I just received an email from CUE while I was posting here:

"Search for Heather Elvis on January 11, 2014 (Saturday) 9:00 am at the corner of "Dick Scobee Drive and Ronald McNair Road in Myrtle Beach, SC you will see the set up. Please bring a current identification with you and dress for the weather, proper footwear. thank you"

Is CUE running criminal record checks on their searchers?

LadyHawkke, has your brother considered hiring a reputable private investigator?

I grew up with a p.i. that still works for my family's business. He's very skilled and has served as a private investigator for over 25 years. It's amazing at what this man finds out about the opposing clients. I've known this p.i. since I was eleven years old. He has always been steady as a rock and a good guy. There are good p.i.'s out in the world.

I just wanted to throw in my 2¢ regarding handguns, because I strongly believe more women should at least own one firearm that they are comfortable firing, even if they don't actually carry it on their person.
I have a SA XDs 9mm, and it is my baby. Fits my girly hands, easy to work (pull and release slide, drop and load mags), and has all of the safety features I need to feel comfortable carrying it in my purse, car, or on my person. Extremely accurate and reliable, 3000+ rounds have run through it and not a single problem.

Sorry that my first post is off topic! I just firmly believe that a lot of stories like Heather's could have been different had she been armed and educated.

Lalique FRANCE
http://www.lalique.com/en_US/all-collections/perfumes/for-women-61/eau-de-parfum-124
All gorgeous!

Lailique GERMANY?
Don't know why I'm stuck on this point/topic but something is bugging me about this product and the salon too.

My post above was for the purpose of pointing out the difference between Lalique and Lailique(is not the famous French company).

Is there a distributor or beauty supply store that serves salons in the area?
They would know if she was interested and ordered anything. Asked for classes etc.

There may be but can't find much info about the product line or representation in the United States.

In Fla. does a makeup artist need to be an esthetician and have a license from the state?

Not familiar with the laws. If simply applying makeup, I don't think one needs a license. Years ago I worked for Clinique in a department store and learned how to sample makeup on women. No special training other than workshops and peer assistance.
In a salon, the person would have to do eyebrows, waxing and facials - more than just makeup application. That may be a different story as far as licensing goes.
Also a salon would have to have open hours that accommodate women who are going out at night, not close at 5PM and 3PM on Saturdays imo.:waitasec::waitasec:

Lalique is a well-known maker of very fine art glass. They also make fragrances.

Yes, I posted the links hoping to show the difference between the two. I checked the real Lalique site to see if a skin care line is featured. It isn't.
The skin care line uses a close but different spelling of Lalique. A common trick to look out for on the Web when clicking on links too.

~ I had this whole post typed out earlier and lost my Internet connection just as I was going to hit submit. :banghead:

It does seem odd that the very first time she dates this new guy, she vanishes. Was he the "property" of another girl, maybe someone she knew, someone who contacted her later for a "chat"? If Heather knew this alleged person, maybe a call or text from her would not ring a lot of bells right off for anyone examining her phone.

This mostly came into my head due to a number of crime shows about female on female violence lately and its increase overall. But also because it seems too coincidental that she should vanish the night of a first date. And going out to meet a female might not feel as dangerous at a late hour.

He has been cleared and is NOT a POI. There's absolutely no reason to suspect anyone associated with him. Just imagine how HE feels.

do we have any kidnapper profiles from someone in Georgetown area?
Where is Georgetown?
Someone saying they think 1 guy was involved with Kerri Harding, Crystal Soles, Brittani Drexyl, Amber Burbiglia and Heather missing.
Has a girlfriend who gave an alibi 5 years ago........FHEFB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member