Identified! NY - Manhattan, LIVING girl, 14-17, amnesia, Oct'09 - Kacie Peterson

Just thinking that so far Kara resembles this girl. I put the pics side by side, one of the girl on the left and Kara on the right. Sorry about the pencil marks (just measuring a little) also Kara is slightly tilting her head back in the pic.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 54
How in the world do you post pics here on the thread not the little ones but like the one recovering lurker posted? TIA

maybe this one will be bigger

I actually see a lot of similarity there, especially in the mouth, nose, eyes, teeth.
But I'm not so sure. The main differences I see are Teegan seems to have a longer forehead and much lighter eyebrows. It's possible that jane Doe bleached hers, but not likely considering she was living on the street.

Just thinking that so far Kara resembles this girl. I put the pics side by side, one of the girl on the left and Kara on the right. Sorry about the pencil marks (just measuring a little) also Kara is slightly tilting her head back in the pic.

Look at the arches in Kara's eyebrows compared to Jane Doe's. And the big teller for me that this is NOT Kara, look at the difference between the girls between the bottom of the nose and the upper lip. That alone convinces me this isn't Kara.
Thanks for this side-by-side.

I would think that Jane doe's teeth would be straighter if she had braces. The eyebrows don't match to me either.

As someone here posted Teegan is apparently home. I saw on another board she was home as well. So that rules her out.

As someone here posted Teegan is apparently home. I saw on another board she was home as well. So that rules her out.

I saw a post where someone said Teegan 'may' be home because she had logged into her myspace some time ago.

I've searched Google and can't find anything confirming that Teegan has ever been found.

Do you have a link please?

Thank you in advance.

This is Jolene Riendeu, She would be 21. Missing since 1999 from Quebec. The las pic is her age progressed.

Attachments

• NY 1-3.jpg
    NY 1-3.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 105
Look at the arches in Kara's eyebrows compared to Jane Doe's. And the big teller for me that this is NOT Kara, look at the difference between the girls between the bottom of the nose and the upper lip. That alone convinces me this isn't Kara.

I understand what you are saying. Kara's head is tilted back a little and that is why the space between her nose and lip is closer. The arch I believe is due to plucking, but the brow line seems to be same distance.

"The girl has a 2- to 4-inch scar on her lower left back and had a black, handwritten birthday message on her arm, addressed to a name of Japanese origin, when she was found, police said Friday."

"Judging from poor dental hygiene, said Lt. Christopher Zimmerman, she appears to have been living on the streets for some time."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/23/teen.jane.doe/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Someone mentioned earlier that her face resembles someone who is taking steroids. I thought the same thing, as my ex had a kidney transplant and the steroids to fight rejection create "chipmunk" cheeks and puffiness. I'm wondering if her scar could be from a transplant? Also, she "thought" she was 14, but the doctors say she's closer to 16-17. Sounds like she may have suffered a stress trauma that has caused memory lapse and regression. . .

I hope they release the Japanese "name", IMHO, that could be a big clue.

"The girl is also apparently writing a fantasy story of her own that features a heroine named Rian, "who's been raised by the commander of the guard post on the edge of a fantasy kingdom," says the young woman."

That sure sounds to me like someone who has been held against their will and "brainwashed". I guess we'll see. :waitasec:

(From the same article linked above..)

I was thinking maybe her head had been shaved in recent months and she may have had some type of brain surgery, which could have resulted in her memory loss. I know when hair grows it does cover scars in the hair area. But they probably would have looked her over. I also not some surgeries on the brain are performed thru the forehead, but I would guess it depends on where operation was needed.

Here is another pic of Kara and unknown girl side by side, keep in mind Kara is leaning her head forward a little in this pic, but, the distances between the nose and the inner eye line up and where the corner of the mouth ends. Her eyes are the same shape, although the unknown girl is heavier. It is so hard without the exact angles of the faces. I really do think the way her chin, contour of her face, the natural part of her hair, and lips are so similar...JMO Pic of unknown is also facing more toward the right...View attachment 5795

Attachments

• Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 43
http://www.covenanthouse.org/houses/new-york

Covenant House is a homeless youth center.
Interesting that she found her way there, but they don't seem to know her.
Could someone have seen that she was confused and called authorities before she had a chance to take shelter there?

From my limited experience with street people in NYC, they form networks and advice is passed around. People talk. Especially the kids. She could have very easily found that place from someone else or followed someone there or even knew someone staying there.

I think the army theory is an interesting one. I hadn't thought of that. It would explain why her hair is cut so short, would be a cause for the amnesia and the clothes she was wearing. Now that I think about it I have been seeing a lot of people in military garb this week. Mostly Marines and Navy. I wonder if a ship docked at the piers? It would be little bit of a walk to Times Sq from there but in NYC it is easy to just keep walking especially if you are not familiar with the city. It kind of hypnotizes you with everything going on and you want to see what's on the next block and the next, etc.

If she had been on the street for a period of time as LE has suggested, then this would not be that much of a walk. It's doable all one shot easily. But if she had days on end to wonder around, then she could have very easily made her way up there. It's a common place to congregate. Union Square is another popular place for street teens to congregate.

I wonder if she has any recollection of what she was up to before she was picked up. Where was she sleeping? Where was food coming from? She mentioned she could retain information so it would make sense she could recall the days before. I have read nothing about this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back