GUILTY Norway - Bombing & Shooting at Youth Camp in Oslo, 22 July 2011 *parole request 2021*

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...toll-rises-91-twin-terror-attacks-Norway.html

Death toll now 91.

132922595_f860a8aa20.jpg

He could've easily shot himself and ended it all there, but he wants to be alive. He has not requested a lawyer. Oklahoma bombings were on my mind the moment I learned who stood behind this.

Our multicultural society is here to stay - and I must admit - it gives me pleasure to think that he'll twist his brain about this forever and ever and he can't do nothing about it.

bbm

Me too.

Timothy McVeigh was:
- A right-wing extremist
- A loner
- Wrote angry letters to publications
- Loaded fertilizer in a rented van
- Blew up a federal building
- Was the deadliest act of terrorism in our country (at the time)

There are many dissimilarities as well- but I agree this made me think of OKC.

I'm not sure what that term means in Norway. Would you care to elaborate?

(BTW, I was in your beautiful country 30 years ago and loved it. What a shame that Norwegians should be the targets of violence.)

By "fundamentalist" it means that it is someone who is against modernity in both religion and the cultural changes that this modernism brings.

Another word is extremism.

But Anders Behring Breivik was not only an extremist, he was also a masonic and racist.

This is no doubt one of the worst massacres in history.

I have never seen our royal family looking as devastated and unhappy as they do now. Breaks my heart.

http://www.dagbladet.no/2011/07/23/nyheter/utoya/drap/17427253/

Here's a picture of the shooter going around in a police uniform and shooting. 7 dead bodies floating around in the water.

Can you imagine such evilness? A bomb is actually very easy... it goes off and people dies.

But to go around and shoot people.. all the horror, looking people in the eyes and shooting them? All 84 young people - that is an evilness that makes me wanna throw up. Literally.

Seems he targeted the youth camp because it was run by the Labor Party.

He disagreed with their political beliefs, so he decided they must all die!?

7 in the Oslo city bombings
84 in the Utøya shootings

30 critically injured
20 injured to the degree of being between life and death

I just can't comprehend one person being responsible for all of this carnage. It is absolutely heartbreaking. Can you imagine being a parent and receiving one of those texts from your child on the island? Or waiting for news?

Thank you, Norwegian, for the updates and for opening your heart to us regarding these horrible events. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your fellow countrymen. It's hard to understand who could do such a thing, especially who could just walk up to a young person and shoot them in cold blood like that. It must have been horrific. Please stay safe.

http://www.npr.org/2011/07/23/138634243/norway-rescuers-search-waters-after-island-attack?ps=cprs

A common topic of coversation in Norway is that this person will be convicted to the harshest penalty that we can give him, which is 21 years in prison," Sandberg said. "That means he is out after 16 years. He might be out after 14 years. And then he will be a free man. And he killed so many. We don't have laws that could lay out a penalty for what he's done."

I'll stop complaining about verdicts I don't like, at this point.

After all the school massacres world wide, a special training program was established for the police last year. No one thought we'd come to see a situation of this seriousness that fast.

The fake policeman was on a two hour killing spree. Media is questioning why he could go around like that... I would never blame anyone but the perpetrator for this. First of all, everything happened on a small Island, with a man disguised as a police officer. Also, when the youth understood the policeman was fake, it led to more chaos. Because they didn't feel they could trust ANYONE... So when people came to help, everything became out of control once again.

"Our answer is, more openness, more democracy." - Norwegian PM Jens Stoltenberg.

Remember that.

http://www.npr.org/2011/07/23/138634243/norway-rescuers-search-waters-after-island-attack?ps=cprs

A common topic of coversation in Norway is that this person will be convicted to the harshest penalty that we can give him, which is 21 years in prison," Sandberg said. "That means he is out after 16 years. He might be out after 14 years. And then he will be a free man. And he killed so many. We don't have laws that could lay out a penalty for what he's done."

I'll stop complaining about verdicts I don't like, at this point.

Yes, the maximum sentence in Norway is 21 years.

But we have this other arrangement called "forvaring", which can be directly translated as "custody". This means that the original sentence can be extended an unlimited number of times - meaning you can get life in prison.

However, this has never been done before.
First time for everything!!

I strongly suspect that the Facebook profile Anders Behring Breivik made for himself was just made by him so that he could give some basic information about his views and person.

This page was taken down last night, but screen shots are available everywhere.

He has some pictures on it, all of them are of himself only, very professional looking pictures. He's trying to say something with these pictures.... they all looks like portraits that could be in an encyclopedia.

There's also one other picture of himself with two women. It's a picture from a wedding. My bet it is his sister and mother... how awful this must be for them. I feel so strongly for them... God give them strength.

@Norwegian

My heart goes out to Norway, such a beautiful and open minded country with lovely people. I used to be there for the midsummer parties for years and I was in tears when I heard about this terrible horrific act.

When I read this thread (well after the suspect was caught) I was not really surprised about the suspicions but we all need to remember; the enemy is not always the obvious one aka Muslim or something of this nature. Sometimes they appear just like we do. It is scary. The US had McVeigh, now Norway has its demon as well.

I can not find the right words to tell you how deeply sorry I am for the victims and their family. I think nobody has words good enough to comfort anyone. As a fellow European I want to say: stay strong, Norway, all of Germany feels with you today.

Norwegian, what kind of penalties will this murderer face in Norway? Does Norway have the death penalty? If so, how is it carried out and how quickly is the sentence carried out?

Senseless, scary and overwhelmingly heartbreaking. My prayers go out to the families and friends of all the victims....and to beautiful Norway as a whole. This is a sad time indeed.

Anders Behring Breivik had set up his own business, Breivik Geofarm, and a month ago had started to run an organic farm in Hedmark in eastern Norway. There he reportedly produced and stored fertilizers that he was able to use in explosives.

http://www.theatlantic.com/internat.../more-on-the-alleged-norwegian-killer/242398/

New details emerged:
An employee at a Norwegian agricultural cooperative told CNN that the man identified in media reports as the suspect bought 6 tons of fertilizer from her company in May.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/07/23/norway.explosion/index.html?iref=BN1&hpt=hp_t1

This is devastating. A wake up call for many of the so called "soft" countries. Prayers to all

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back