GUILTY NC - Lynn Jackenheimer, 33, murdered, Hatteras Island, 3 July 2012

Well he did have a decent paying job. And im sure he maybe spent a little more then he should because his intentions were trying to get her back and sometimes you will go out of your budget in order to win a woman over. I very seriously doubt his intentions were for this to happen or he would not of just dropped her body 20 miles away from where it happened in a bag. While i am not trying to defend his actions in any means, in no way is this premeditated or even look as so. You see these crimes of passion a lot, you have a man trying to get a woman back who really does not want to be with him but yet still gives him a change and you mix in alcohol(which tends to bring deeper feelings out), and an already volatile history and it is spelling disaster. She probably told him some things he did not want to hear after some drinks and the violence was taking to a whole different level.

I wonder about the conversation she had with her friend the night she disappeared. Her friend stated that Nate would not like to hear what she said. Possibly she told her friend that it just wasn't going to work; the vacation didn't change her mind.

I wonder too if NS ever received any anger management classes or counseling the last time he tried to strangle Lynn. I too think that alcohol would make any volatile situation worse.

If he only has $600 was he known to camp or anything like that. Has he ever hiked the appalachian trail. You can get lost on the for weeks without being spotted.

With 600 bucks he's probably just heading to or made it to what is going to be his destination until things heat up and he feels he needs to move on. From there he'll probably try to get cash work or find a woman like SurfieTx said. There is no national attention on this. He could be easily going to gas up his car and staying in cheap motels without anyone being any the wiser. There is no huge media manhunt out there for him.

MOO

I wonder who rented the beach house? Thats a good chunk of change if he did.

It makes me wonder if this was somewhat premeditated if he was willing to spend so much on the rental, if indeed he did.

i don't believe this was premeditated...Nate wanted her back, he thought the trip would do it...it didn't...then whenever the moment came when he realized that it wasn't gonna be he snapped...just my opinion...but if it was pre-meditated with a trip involving the children coming along...well then that's moving into psychopath range...& i don't believe that just yet at all

With 600 bucks he's probably just heading to or made it to what is going to be his destination until things heat up and he feels he needs to move on. From there he'll probably try to get cash work or find a woman like SurfieTx said. There is no national attention on this. He could be easily going to gas up his car and staying in cheap motels without anyone being any the wiser. There is no huge media manhunt out there for him.

MOO

Just curious...why is there no media coverage looking for him???? Strange

i just think between all the money he most likely spent, time invested in trip & tryin to patch the relationship, i know she was drinking because her friend mentioned sangaria's (so mix a lil alcohol in), & the huge rejection to how he expected things to turn out he snapped...yeah there were a bunch of lil factors like how the argument progressed, etc etc but my theory would be he just snapped

Well he did have a decent paying job. And im sure he maybe spent a little more then he should because his intentions were trying to get her back and sometimes you will go out of your budget in order to win a woman over. I very seriously doubt his intentions were for this to happen or he would not of just dropped her body 20 miles away from where it happened in a bag. While i am not trying to defend his actions in any means, in no way is this premeditated or even look as so. You see these crimes of passion a lot, you have a man trying to get a woman back who really does not want to be with him but yet still gives him a change and you mix in alcohol(which tends to bring deeper feelings out), and an already volatile history and it is spelling disaster. She probably told him some things he did not want to hear after some drinks and the violence was taking to a whole different level.

same thoughts...& i think we are pretty close to what happened that night

Just curious...why is there no media coverage looking for him???? Strange

good question...because this story was sent to all the biggies (nancy grace, john walsh, etc) by her family & friends....i have no clue

good question...because this story was sent to all the biggies (nancy grace, john walsh, etc) by her family & friends....i have no clue

I have a friend that works for NBC in New York. The shows you mentioned will only put certain things on their shows and the base it on the amount of air the story has already had. They also go by the amount of e-mails, calls etc they receive. So the more people going to their websites and asking the better. Anybody think he's hunkered down close to Ashland hoping that it'll all blow over? Sounds kind of nuts but he maybe be off the deep end by now.

I have a friend that works for NBC in New York. The shows you mentioned will only put certain things on their shows and the base it on the amount of air the story has already had. They also go by the amount of e-mails, calls etc they receive. So the more people going to their websites and asking the better. Anybody think he's hunkered down close to Ashland hoping that it'll all blow over? Sounds kind of nuts but he maybe be off the deep end by now.

i think everyone in Ashland wants it to end....rumours, speculation, blame...this all goes hand in hand with both bein missing & now he is still missing/on the run so the cycle continues...i think until they catch him & then just let the facts roll out during trial phases this will continue to be ugly...a mother of 2 children was murdered in cold blood (& if its by his own hands as he says) thats a pretty brutal way to do a woman in who just a few days earlier you wanted in your life together...then throw in all the "down" time no one can account for on the way back home with the kids & you have one big mess...this situation deserves justice to begin to heal anything...so i pray he is caught alive & for once pays a real price for the crime he has committed

Those who know the family.... Were there problems between the brothers? Most family members protect each other...but glad he did the right thing!!!

i think everyone in Ashland wants it to end....rumours, speculation, blame...this all goes hand in hand with both bein missing & now he is still missing/on the run so the cycle continues...i think until they catch him & then just let the facts roll out during trial phases this will continue to be ugly...a mother of 2 children was murdered in cold blood (& if its by his own hands as he says) thats a pretty brutal way to do a woman in who just a few days earlier you wanted in your life together...then throw in all the "down" time no one can account for on the way back home with the kids & you have one big mess...this situation deserves justice to begin to heal anything...so i pray he is caught alive & for once pays a real price for the crime he has committed

There's only one person to blame...Nate. he couldn't have what he wanted so he made sure no one else could. He probably still bragged to everyone what a great football player he was 10 yrs after the fact. Have they searched all the ponds and such for his car in Ashland?

Seems like there may have been bad blood between the brothers....$600.00 is nothing

i agree, the brother said "he just dropped his kid off here"... not "he left my nephew here"...

not like it really matters or anything. but i do think it shows that nate won't be getting any support (financial or otherwise) from his brother!! just the vibe i got...

i'm in a border town in mexico and if he decides to head this way... i'd know him from anywhere. AND the car! i'll be keeping my eye out!

i'm glad they found lynn, but im not holding out much hope that nate will be found alive. i think he'll start to feel the pressure and know that he's done for either way... my guess is he will go into a deep depression if he hasn't already and probably take his own life.

oh and one more thing.. about the FB pic... if that was taken on the 4th of july, he would have still been with the kids... where the heck were they for the hours upon hours that he was sitting there (if it's him). a toddler can't care for himself and who knows if the 13 year old would have been able to care for him either. i would think she would at least be able to say she babysat, if she did.

just my 2cents :)

7/17/12

From Captain W. Charles Nieman:

There will be a press conference at the Dare County Sheriff’s Office, address below, to brief the press on the current status of the Lynn Jackenheimer case.

This press conference will be held at 3:30 pm and all are invited to attend.

The press conference will be held in front of 962 Marshall Collins Drive, Manteo, NC 27954.

https://www.facebook.com/darecountysheriff

There's only one person to blame...Nate. he couldn't have what he wanted so he made sure no one else could. He probably still bragged to everyone what a great football player he was 10 yrs after the fact. Have they searched all the ponds and such for his car in Ashland?

im unaware of any searches...unfortunately Ashland Sheriffs Office doesnt release much if any knowledge of this to the public as Dare County has...but in fairness Dare County now has a real crime to pursue & Ashland at its point in lead of investigation was just a missing persons case

i would bet in 5 years no one will remember how many TDs he scored ever again...went from local hero to local zero-minus in what less than 10yrs...tragic way to screw up a life (& the kid's lives too)

see Dare County is on it...i urge anyone who has never been to their facebook page to check it out....they really work hand in hand with their community & in turn that community gives back...really nice operation they got down there from what i can see

& i know this may sound a lil out there, but something about a Law Officer with 30years experience in same area i believe & a deep southern accent as the Dare County Sheriff has gives me a strange sense of security that justice will be persued to the fullest

im unaware of any searches...unfortunately Ashland Sheriffs Office doesnt release much if any knowledge of this to the public as Dare County has...but in fairness Dare County now has a real crime to pursue & Ashland at its point in lead of investigation was just a missing persons case

i would bet in 5 years no one will remember how many TDs he scored ever again...went from local hero to local zero-minus in what less than 10yrs...tragic way to screw up a life (& the kid's lives too)

Hopefully in 5yrs the only touchdowns will be in a prison shower with Jerry Sandusky.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back