Will Casey face probation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once he READ IT -- nothing could be done ... But only if he had PEEKED AT THAT VERDICT !

Then he could have done it !

MOO MOO MOO ....

What reason would he have given for a mistrial at that point? He had pretty scoffed at all of the defense requests along the way...
and he is supposed to look at the verdict before handing it to the clerk, to make sure it is complete, etc...NOT to decide whether or not to ignore it...

BBM: Maybe ... but Judge Perry "ran" HIS courtroom like HE wanted to ... Once it was READ -- the "fat lady sang" ... but there were ways "around it" ... afterall -- there are many "loopholes" in the law and he could have gone around it for the sake of Justice !

Judge Perry could have done anything the he77 he wanted to !
Judge Perry bent over backwards and sideways for the DT and the Jury ...

And look at what happened ...

Judge Perry put TOO MUCH FAITH IN THAT JURY ...

And now I HAVE LOST ALL FAITH -- EVERY BIT OF FAITH AND RESPECT I HAD FOR JUDGE PERRY !

He probably will do NOTHING tomorrow but let CFCA "off the hook" again -- Judge Perry and the SA could NOT even get the "days served in jail" correct !

:innocent: I hope I am wrong and that tomorrow he will REALIZE that the system screwed up somewhere and CFCA will have to be held ACCOUNTABLE -- for the FIRST TIME IN HER LIFE -- for SOMETHING !

MOO MOO MOO ....

And SORRY FOR THE RANT ... I am FRUSTRATED !

BBM

You probably don't want to hear this, but if the judge/prosecution/everyone else in the legal profession doesn't have faith in our system and the way it conducted (rendering a verdict from a jury of peers) then they shouldn't be doing what they are doing. End of story. I think all judges see cases where they personally believe it should go one way or the other it's not their call to make. The system is what it is and if you don't believe in that system then you shouldn't be a part of it.

Cases aren't going to go the way you want all the time. It's ok to be angry. If you weren't, then you probably didn't care about it beforehand. But lets not rewrite 300 years of the justice system because a few bad apples get away with it. It goes the other way too (a few good apples get punished). It's not perfect but it's what we got. I prefer it this way than the alternative (shoot first ask questions later). MOO

Nope...CFCA has more lives than a cat. As much as I can't stand that woman I do feel that since she was aquitted for murdering Caylee they are trying to find ways to punish her. I say wait, as this woman will mess up all on her own, how I wish it would happen sooner then later.

BBM

You probably don't want to hear this, but if the judge/prosecution/everyone else in the legal profession doesn't have faith in our system and the way it conducted (rendering a verdict from a jury of peers) then they shouldn't be doing what they are doing. End of story. I think all judges see cases where they personally believe it should go one way or the other it's not their call to make. The system is what it is and if you don't believe in that system then you shouldn't be a part of it.

Cases aren't going to go the way you want all the time. It's ok to be angry. If you weren't, then you probably didn't care about it beforehand. But lets not rewrite 300 years of the justice system because a few bad apples get away with it. It goes the other way too (a few good apples get punished). It's not perfect but it's what we got. I prefer it this way than the alternative (shoot first ask questions later). MOO

JMHO but I think our system has some serious flaws in it..........of course not rewritten but it needs to be revamped in many ways.....

Nope...CFCA has more lives than a cat. As much as I can't stand that woman I do feel that since she was aquitted for murdering Caylee they are trying to find ways to punish her. I say wait, as this woman will mess up all on her own, how I wish it would happen sooner then later.

Wonders I have to agree and disagree. I disagree with you, she should serve probation upon release because that is what the judge ordered, we all heard it come out of his mouth. The problem was that no one bothered to cross those T's and dot those I's because we all, even the court system, believed it would be a non-issue as we all beilieved she would be guilty. Here's where I agree, people, and the court are angry. Angry at the verdict, yes, but also more angry at the way the verdict came about. The reasons for aquittal were not "legal" ones... ie, "shadow of a doubt" vs "reasonable doubt", "we were confused about the forensics" (yet none chose to rewiew any of it), consideration of penalty, we didnt' "like" George, etc....) In the end, I agree, she's going to hang herself, luck ALWAYS runs out. Just ask any big loser with bad judgement who's been to Vegas.

We've only heard from three jurors, to the best of my knowledge, and they may be the weakest links...I am not going to assume that all 12 used the same reasoning for their decisions...JMO

I'm sorry but I disagree Jon Brown and we can do that here I think :) ML did not keep FCA in the news, I believe Judge Strickland started that ball rolling. I believe JS also knew full well this wasn't going to play out. I am sorry it didn't but I knew it would go nowhere and we'll see that for sure tomorrow. I don't give a hoot who ML or AC interview on their show, did ya'll quit watching it when they had CM on there the two or three times after the verdict and prior.

So KC had 13 felony counts reduced to 7, 4 counts of lying to LE with a maximum sentence and 1 year's probation all served within a three year sentence, minus the time she spent out on bond. Won't other prisoners want the same treatment??? jmo

I will venture to say we all anticipate JP releasing FCA from probation tomorrow. We will probably hear him say how the misunderstanding can't be taken out on Ms Antony. Over and out

I haven't decided yet if I can watch this low life who murdered an innocent child with no punishment. If anyone needed probation outside of jail, she does. She has never been held responsible for anything. Her mother covered all her problems and now her attorneys are doing the same. They, of course are hoping to use her for their cash cow. May they fail in their per suits.

We've only heard from three jurors, to the best of my knowledge, and they may be the weakest links...I am not going to assume that all 12 used the same reasoning for their decisions...JMO

Doesn't really matter now, does it ? These jurors have had weeks to get together and talk to each other, get their stories straight, and read message boards where some really intelligent people have given umpteen explanations as to why the verdict was correct. I'm sure the story would be much different today than it was on 7/5/08.

Just wanted to ease your mind a bit. I have stopped watching HLN & so have alot of others here in Canada.
I can't watch anything about this case anymore with out getting upset.
I have no desire to hear anything JB or the rest have to say nor do I believe any of them.
I have not been able to watch since the unjust verdict.
...and I haven't turned on the Today Show since hearing about his interview and won't from now on (I had watched every morning before work). Why would I waste my time listening to him? What could he have possibly have said that would interest me? Nope...turned my back on the whole damn thing.

PS- and IMHO...the reason why he was probably so quiet up till that point is because he didn't want to be caught looking like his usual self. All this re-invention of folks...pffft! I may not care for CM...but what you see is what you get (his wife may not be too terribly proud...lol).

I agree with Hornsby, if the State doesn't object to this one visit probation that was conducted and which was not according to the orders of the court, this is going no where. Truth be told I think the State of FL has washed their hands of Casey Anthony.
I thought initially that they said they weren't interested in even bringing it to the court's attention...and now the ball is back in their court (tee hee)? Wonder why RH made a big hoopla over it...sounding the horn so to speak? By the looks of his blog he obviously believed it had merit...went as far as taunting LL.
I just wish people would fight more and talk less. Talk is cheap.

...and I haven't turned on the Today Show since hearing about his interview and won't from now on (I had watched every morning before work). Why would I waste my time listening to him? What could he have possibly have said that would interest me? Nope...turned my back on the whole damn thing.

PS- and IMHO...the reason why he was probably so quiet up till that point is because he didn't want to be caught looking like his usual self. All this re-invention of folks...pffft! I may not care for CM...but what you see is what you get (his wife may not be too terribly proud...lol).

this is what I don't get. Turn it down, turn the channel. Who else were they going to ask the questions of. Would it have helped had he done it by phone. I guess I'm missing something. As much as I can't stand JB, I heard it come on and turned my hair dryer on.

But could'nt he have declared a mistrial after reading the verdict, regardless?
He said he could...and IIRC there was a DP motion that hadn't been ruled on which would have required the seating of a new jury...so I guess...and it's only a guess...that technically he could have finally ruled in favor for the DT's request for a mistrial....up until the verdict was read.

this is what I don't get. Turn it down, turn the channel. Who else were they going to ask the questions of. Would it have helped had he done it by phone. I guess I'm missing something. As much as I can't stand JB, I heard it come on and turned my hair dryer on.
But isn't that what "boycotting" is? I guess some folks care to share it...it still has the same outcome...and hopefully, no one IS watching. Matt L. will never ask the hard questions when it comes to this case. I've seen him (and MV) be pretty hard (rude) with some guests trying to get at the "truth". Not with anything Caylee related. Do ya think he asked how could he lie about George?
...and no I don't want to hear the answer if he did...it doesn't matter. JB lies.

I'm sorry but I disagree Jon Brown and we can do that here I think :) ML did not keep FCA in the news, I believe Judge Strickland started that ball rolling. I believe JS also knew full well this wasn't going to play out. I am sorry it didn't but I knew it would go nowhere and we'll see that for sure tomorrow. I don't give a hoot who ML or AC interview on their show, did ya'll quit watching it when they had CM on there the two or three times after the verdict and prior.
Yup...didn't want to hear squat after the verdict.

Considering the fact that FICA has no education or skills to support herself with, I think it's very likely BP will allow the state to step in and attempt to direct the ex-con in a meaningful and lawful direction. Her parents couldn't or wouldn't do it and now that she has a criminal record there's nothing to suggest she won't go right back to supporting herself the same ways she has in the past.
I can't wait until she lies to her probation officer about her imaginary job and is sent to General Population somewhere. She always deserved GP rather than the coddling the DP would give her.
No word she's enrolled in school or has a job or is in any sort of treatment program that doesn't exist in Florida so there's no compelling reason to let her off the hook IMO.

I think the entire A clan plans on making a living off of Caylee's memory. Someone else used the perfect words (professional grievers).

It would be an interesting choice of words for her probation officer regarding her employment status. What's she going to say, I plan on mugging for pictures and selling them or I'm waiting for the big payday for my first interview.

Probation will never happen on JBP's watch. This will be a paperwork exercise to let her know she's free to do whatever she wants. It's too bad because this is the only way to force her to get a job. She can't live off of her crime forever. What's she going to do when the money runs out? Go back to her previous way of obtaining money or worse, get pregnant on purpose to snag a guy for child support. We all know what she is capable of doing to a child.

IMO

But isn't that what "boycotting" is? I guess some folks care to share it...it still has the same outcome...and hopefully, no one IS watching. Matt L. will never ask the hard questions when it comes to this case. I've seen him (and MV) be pretty hard (rude) with some guests trying to get at the "truth". Not with anything Caylee related. Do ya think he asked how could he lie about George?
...and no I don't want to hear the answer if he did...it doesn't matter. JB lies.

LOL I'm sorry RR but he wasn't on the show to talk about the verdict, the case or his OS. He was asked about FCA showing up for the probation hearing. I'm sorry it couldn't have been CM fingering the entire world. This is obviously going to agree to disagree to I'll drop it but just don't understand the big deal.

LOL I'm sorry RR but he wasn't on the show to talk about the verdict, the case or his OS. He was asked about FCA showing up for the probation hearing. I'm sorry it couldn't have been CM fingering the entire world. This is obviously going to agree to disagree to I'll drop it but just don't understand the big deal.
I wouldn't know 'cause I didn't watch...lol.

I think the entire A clan plans on making a living off of Caylee's memory. Someone else used the perfect words (professional grievers).

It would be an interesting choice of words for her probation officer regarding her employment status. What's she going to say, I plan on mugging for pictures and selling them or I'm waiting for the big payday for my first interview.

Probation will never happen on JBP's watch. This will be a paperwork exercise to let her know she's free to do whatever she wants. It's too bad because this is the only way to force her to get a job. She can't live off of her crime forever. What's she going to do when the money runs out? Go back to her previous way of obtaining money or worse, get pregnant on purpose to snag a guy for child support. We all know what she is capable of doing to a child.

IMO
Ya now one question keeps popping into my mind...what if the real motive of wanting Caylee dead was that she reminded Casey of Caylee's father? Her hating a man that much wouldn't surprise me in the least bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member