MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the garage in a separate building behind, and not attached to the house?

There are pictures somewhere showing that the garage is at the back of the house on the lower level...similar to a walk out basement kind of entry. The other garage/storage building was separate, but there was a garage door clearly visible on the back of the house, also.

jmo

I passed a polygraph... when I should not have. I was giving discounts to friends at the store I worked at in HS... I lied... the polygraph did not pick up on it.. I passed with flying colors.

I failed one "miserably" - absolute fail - clear deception - when I should have passed. I was just doing it as a volunteer to help train new techs, so it was no big deal, but I went down in flames. I was 100% truthful, and not emotional.

I get what you're saying, but LE has searched that trash three times....a body (God forbid) would be able to be found, and I'd think that cell phones would be, too, even though melted and mangled. I'm not arguing or anything...just brain storming.

I've thought about the phones - I don't think they were thrown away there because a call was made at 2:30 A.M. MOO

Regarding the landfill, did they bring in cadaver dogs?

Respectfully snipped from KaylynnCouture...

I read that as well.. Why did the teen has access codes for the garage ?
jmo....

My guess is house sitting, or something along those lines (family goes out of town and hires the teen to get the mail, watch any pets the family has, etc).

The parents are blaming a teen neighbor?? Mom with her new media darling persona is really irritating me. Either help find your baby or go hide. Telling the media little tidbits to get attention is NOT helping.
Seemed to work for LE, leaking little tidbits.

The parents aren't blaming anyone, they are continuing to provide information in hopes of solving the crime, per request of LE.

Can someone repost the link to the news site with the interviews, vids, and pressers? I know it's here but omg you guys are moving so fast. I can barely keep up reading. I've decided sleep is optional because I've been catching up at night. Tia!

I've been listening to HLN for exactly ONE hour and not a peep about baby Lisa.

I've thought about the phones - I don't think they were thrown away there because a call was made at 2:30 A.M. MOO

Regarding the landfill, did they bring in cadaver dogs?

Has this 2:30 am call been confirmed? (I've scanned the news, but may have missed it.)

Respectfully snipped from KaylynnCouture...

I read that as well.. Why did the teen has access codes for the garage ?
jmo....

I can think of several reasons - to get out the lawnmower, for example?

When I seen the picture of Lisa's bed / it honestly made me rethink the case over. The mattress in the highest position / she could of fallen out. Things in the crib where Lisa supposedly was sleeping. There was no room for her in the bed.

If this was truely the case as we're led to beleive LE is honestly doing there job. Both parents need a LD test & should insist on it to clear themselves.

I don't think the room or the crib was left like that AFTER LE was done with it, I think it was put back together and staged by the tv crew for the tv clip hence the height of the mattress and the baby bath etc inside the crib. JMO.

Sorry to bump my own post, but does anyone know?

What about local sex offenders? I've skimmed all these threads and seen nothing on whether the police or FBI had looked into that aspect? I also didn't see any posts that sleuthed that aspect (although I only skimmed threads). The focus seems to have been on the mom pretty early on. We've had a number of child snatching cases here in MO in the past couple of years that went straight to sexual offenders... have their residences been searched?

Thanks in advance for any links!

MOO :twocents:

Praying for Lisa and her family!!

I didnt realise that the police only found out about the cell phones when the parents told reporters!

I have to apologize to you for that. I have modified the article and put an edit note at the end explaining my thoughts. I don't normally let my conjecture come out as fact like that and as soon as a member asked me how I knew that is when I realized I had done a tremendously bad error of stating my conjecture as fact.

It is fixed now. So my apologies for speaking as if that was fact.

The problem I have is that at 2:30 pm on Tuesday we had two things stated by LE working the case: 1. Statement made to Fox 4 that NOTHING else was missing from the home, and 2. A statement made by Capt. Steve Young that there was no indication, other than possible tampering with the window, to indicate an intruder broke into the home.

While we still don't know what time exactly Lisa was reported missing, from 4 am to 2:30 pm, with the intense questioning Deborah and Jeremy are describing, I maintain that the police having no knowledge of missing phones that late in the day is a bad bad thing.

Can someone repost the link to the news site with the interviews, vids, and pressers? I know it's here but omg you guys are moving so fast. I can barely keep up reading. I've decided sleep is optional because I've been catching up at night. Tia!

Well, here are a few...not sure if it's the ones you're thinking of.

http://www.fox4kc.com/videobeta/127...-Family-of-Missing-Baby-No-Longer-Cooperating

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...-search-tied-to-Lisa-Irwin-case#ixzz1a7YeLYOn

http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1ZpbdtyLg

I passed a polygraph... when I should not have. I was giving discounts to friends at the store I worked at in HS... I lied... the polygraph did not pick up on it.. I passed with flying colors.

I took a polygraph for my first real job while still in HS. I was a nervous wreck! I showed deception but was allowed to explain it afterwards. I got the job. I don't think I would ever take one for LE though, I really would be a nervous wreck!

wm

http://www.antipolygraph.org/

never take a polygraph. they are meaningless at best.

I'm caught up reading this case now, I think. I'm on the fence. I have no idea what happened. mom failing a polygraph means squat to me.

if that failed poly caused LE to go postal on her and she's totally innocent, certainly she will stop co-operating.

That's a good point. There has to be good reasons why these aren't admissible in court. Many mothers (and women) DO feel guilty about things they really did not actually do. When the child gets sick, they fill themselves with guilt about not putting the right hat on them or letting them play outside too long on that cold day, etc. So if asked if they caused their child's illness, a guilty mom might say "no" reasoning that she didn't directly cause it but feeling guilty that she did. So now I'm wondering if the mom feels guilty because she left the door unlocked and trusted they were safe and that shows on the poligraph test. Still, I don't know what the questions were and if she failed every single question or just their main question.

I would have to keep reminding myself that LE's job here is not to work for the parents but to work for Lisa. It is impossible to put myself in the place of a parent with a missing child so it's hard to guess how I would really react under such horrific circumstances. Unfortunately, it is human nature to become defensive when facing accusations (whether they are valid or not). The fine line for me is whether a parent is more concerned about finding their child than explaining or defending themselves. I'm just guessing, but it is possible that is a test LE has to apply as well.

That is what disturbs me so much in cases when lawyers get involved with the parents. Their job is to represent the client - not the child. The goal is to defend - not find the missing child. I hope that doesn't happen here.

Maybe she borrows the mom's car to take the kids places. Or, that's were they keep the bikes, scooters, etc... We have an access code on our garage but giving it out is not a big deal because it is not attached to our home. But, we were sure to keep it different from the code on our security gate.... just in case...

Has this 2:30 am call been confirmed? (I've scanned the news, but may have missed it.)

I actually took a break from the thread and spent some time visiting with my mother last night so I may have missed anything new but when last I was on, Fox news had reported an "unnamed source close to the investigation" or some such had provided them with the tip about a phone call from the home at 2:30. I do not know if that has ever been vetted anywhere else.

I tend to be suspicious of "unnamed sources" and am skeptical that people "close to the investigation" would be blabbing to the press, although I am sure it does happen sometimes.

Does anyone know, has the 2:30 phone call been covered in other press or have we ever gotten anything more about that? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks