Japan: 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Reactor Developments #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's over.... turned to NHK news...

I don't know what to say...

I've had Anderson Cooper on this whole time (sound down so I could hear this stream) but so far I haven't seen or heard anything about the PM's press conference or any of this information that we've been listening to.

I see your point,but if it were me,I would rather the officials just be direct and not beat around the bush. The unknown is sometimes worse than what you do know.
I agree, but on the other hand, "dust off your hair" and "close off air exchanges" is pretty straightforward.

Anderson Cooper is finally getting the picture...

He is 64 km from the plant. I'd scoot if I were him.

Anderson talking about how they are getting conflicting statements from the officials that run the plant. He is in Sendai - which is approx 60Km away from the plant.

Anderson Cooper is finally getting the picture...

He is 64 km from the plant. I'd scoot if I were him.

This is the first time I've not even wanted to go to Hawaii. In fact, one of you over on the east coast needs to get your guest room ready! I'm beaming over there pretty soon!

This is the first time I've not even wanted to go to Hawaii. In fact, one of you over on the east coast needs to get your guest room ready! I'm beaming over there pretty soon!

I have a spare bedroom, but you can see our nuclear power plant from the window.

I cannot believe AC doesn't have at least a mask on....

For the first time in a long time - I'm really really glad to be in SoFla. Any and ALL are welcome here. I have one quest room and plenty of floor space!

For the first time in a long time - I'm really really glad to be in SoFla. Any and ALL are welcome here. I have one quest room and plenty of floor space!

LOL!! I've got 5 kids 3 dogs a cat and a parrot.. i don't think we'd fit ;) :)

Hurry, Kimster, we'll have the room ready stat!

LOL!! I've got 5 kids 3 dogs a cat and a parrot.. i don't think we'd fit ;) :)
Yea ya would - the more the merrier. I have 3 inside cats and 1 outside, a dog and a parrot - so they would all make new friends! :biggrin:

Plus its Spring Break week here too. And I have a "Coyote Ugly" about 5 minutes away. I've never been and want to go so bad!!!! We'd have fun. Just leave all the furbabies and kiddies with DH!!!!!! hahahahahahahahaha

Personally I think it's premature to expect answers about what type of effects will occur in the U.S.

This I know, it will be monitored by the military. In Japan several military personnel will be wearing stick pins that measure the amount of exposure in a day and read each day. The air Force will be doing reconnaissance flights looking for radiation in the earths atmosphere.

Until we have contamination reports and readings confirming radiation approaching the U.S., I'm seeing it as speculation. I see no reason to fear the radiation occurring in Japan to mean we will be contaminated here in the U.S. Even their own evacuation is only 20-30 kilometers.

20 km = 12.4274 mi.
30 km = 18.6411 mi.

At 30 KM they expect radiation to be decreased to almost zero.
Dosen't mean it's true but only specific readings can tell the actual picture.
JMO

LOL thanks for the giggle kimster :D

Yea ya would - the more the merrier. I have 3 inside cats and 1 outside, a dog and a parrot - so they would all make new friends! :biggrin:

Plus its Spring Break week here too. And I have a "Coyote Ugly" about 5 minutes away. I've never been and want to go so bad!!!! We'd have fun. Just leave all the furbabies and kiddies with DH!!!!!! hahahahahahahahaha

WHOO HOO that's tempting!!!! Spring break here too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998