CA - Eugene Melendres Ramos for raping 2yo girl, Union City, 2010

Special thanks to the good folks who chased him down. Alright although I am not being PC I still have to say it. I wish they would have knocked the living s**t out of this guy.

See how this works? They don't care. They have poor impulse control these sex offenders.

My family friend has been trying to get shopping done and she has a toddler. She's been complaining she can't get anything done as the baby is running all around the stores. I have told her get her mom or myself to watch the baby so she can do her serious shopping. It takes only a minute for some nutter to grab a child. Unfortunately we see it here.

Prayers for the liitle baby girl. I hope she can get through this in life without any nightmares or flashbacks along the way.

Put me in the savage group.
If the courts won't keep them and want to put them out in public to prey on two year olds like a rabbid predator they should be removed permantly. My first thought when I saw the article was "not one person with a concealed weapons permit in the whole place? not one guy with steel toe boots?" Makes me ill.

Think about how much damage he did in those what two minutes? 90 seconds? To the child, her mother, the grandmother that witnessed it, to the family members that will deal with the aftermath.

It is beyond explanation why we let them back into society.

This is just monstrous. Whoever grabbed this guy should have bashed his head on the pavement. A few times. There is no place in society for someone like this.

And this is why you never let your kids out of your sight in public. NEVER. The government will not keep the animals locked up and we can't legally kill them ourselves...so the only answer is for the entire world to understand that things like this happen and we must protect our kids on a hands on basis, every minute of every day.

OMG, I am so disgusted! This sick man in broad daylight?!? What is this world coming to?
I bet grandma and aunt will never let her out of their site again. :(

I'll tell you what medication works for people like this..........a bullet.

And I'm not joking.

I just find this incredulous. And of course he's a registered sex offender. But who does this in a public place? In an aisle? Hopefully the little girl is ok and won't have any long lasting trauma, but not sure how that is possible. Poor thing. Too bad this guy will be out in a couple of years to do it again (and again).

<snip>

The Union City man is accused of raping a 2-year-old child, at an East Bay discount store this past Wednesday. Eugene Ramos did not enter a plea on Friday in the Fremont Superior Courtroom.

The registered sex offender stood without expression in as he is being held on three counts; and one is a forcible lewd act on a child.
"Assault with intent to commit a sex crime and attempt top commit intercourse or sodomy on a child under the age of 10 and a strike prior," Prosecutor Angela Backers said.

The prior strike Backers mentioned doubles as his possible sentence. It stems from a conviction from a 2003 sexual assault, when the 36-year-old was convicted of sexual assault on a 7-year-year old girl in Hayward. He was sentenced to four years but served only one year before being placed on parole.

By September of last year, he was out of jail and off parole. He now faces the possibility of decades in prison.

"His maximum exposure is approximately 21 years, if he went to trial and was convicted of everything," Backers said.

more here

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=7823513

too bad his max is 21yrs...hopefully they'll find a way to keep him civilly committed...I just can't see someone who tries to rape a toddler in a store changing his pedo ways.

So sad. This freak obviously has zero impulse control over his sick tendencies/compulsions. The fact that he served only one year and was then paroled after his assault on a seven year old is the least funny joke I have ever heard.

So much is wrong wrong wrong with our legal system. Sick. If ever there was a pedophile who needed to be kept from the public FOREVER, this guy is the one.

He could have gotten away with this and we could have a dead toddler on our hands if he'd only had the impulse control enough to snatch her, take her to another location, "enjoy" himself at leisure, kill the child and walk away. The fact that he could not control himself long enough to even attempt to get away with this is very frightening.

RIght there, in the dollar tree, one aisle over from gramma, with other shoppers, store employees, etc right there? This man needs to be kept away from us FOR GOOD.

He could have gotten away with this and we could have a dead toddler on our hands if he'd only had the impulse control enough to snatch her, take her to another location, "enjoy" himself at leisure, kill the child and walk away.

Reminds me of the perp. John Jolley, who while working in a discount store abducted a child when she walked to the basement restroom.

Thank goodness for the good samaritans - bless them all. My prayers go out to this precious 2 year old, her aunt and grammy.

As for the perp, a bullet isn't good enough. This is one case where the death penalty is warranted. And I'd like to send a copy of this article to each and every person who was involved in his defense - including the judge and the parole officer. May they live with the horrific decision they made every day.

The laws HAVE to change. SO's cannot be rehabilitated!!!! I have no problem with them having to be tagged in red across their face - I AM A SEX OFFENDER. Even while in prison.

I'm so angry...sorry....

Mel

<snip>

The Union City man is accused of raping a 2-year-old child, at an East Bay discount store this past Wednesday. Eugene Ramos did not enter a plea on Friday in the Fremont Superior Courtroom.

The registered sex offender stood without expression in as he is being held on three counts; and one is a forcible lewd act on a child.
"Assault with intent to commit a sex crime and attempt top commit intercourse or sodomy on a child under the age of 10 and a strike prior," Prosecutor Angela Backers said.

The prior strike Backers mentioned doubles as his possible sentence. It stems from a conviction from a 2003 sexual assault, when the 36-year-old was convicted of sexual assault on a 7-year-year old girl in Hayward. He was sentenced to four years but served only one year before being placed on parole.

By September of last year, he was out of jail and off parole. He now faces the possibility of decades in prison.

"His maximum exposure is approximately 21 years, if he went to trial and was convicted of everything," Backers said.

more here

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=7823513

too bad his max is 21yrs...hopefully they'll find a way to keep him civilly committed...I just can't see someone who tries to rape a toddler in a store changing his pedo ways.

That he did one year the first time is inexcusable.
That he only faces 21 years this time is irrational.
And he didn't try to rape her in a store aisle for the world to see, he did rape her. He was interrupted but he isn't charged with attempted rape or sexual assault. It makes my stomach turn.

AGREED!

So much is wrong with our legal system. He was interrputed in process. Why don't his charges reflect this?

Mysterygirl--I understand your anger. I do. But with all due respect, I don't think that some, with this level of drive, can help themselves. And I hope that we, as a society, have not stooped so low as to depend on bullets.

There is a HUGE subset of offenders who are mentally disabled. For some reason, nature sees fit to leave the hormones in place but to take the IQ. Did you realize that many many older men with Alzheimer's and Frontotemporal Lobe Dementia have no control over their sexual impulses? We cannot call for their deaths.

Sadly, this is what happens when a society decides that treatment for the mentally ill comes dead last. Of course, my heart goes out to the victim and her family. After all, I am the mother of eight children who were brutally raped. Their rapist was sentenced to and served ten years. But I could never wish harm on him. That would be lowering myself to his level.

This man needs full time supervision and treatment and probably medication. He most certainly should not be roaming the aisles of a store. How I wish California (and most other states) could make this a priority but they don't.

Until that time, we will have more victims. JMO

Mysterygirl--I understand your anger. I do. But with all due respect, I don't think that some, with this level of drive, can help themselves. And I hope that we, as a society, have not stooped so low as to depend on bullets.

There is a HUGE subset of offenders who are mentally disabled. For some reason, nature sees fit to leave the hormones in place but to take the IQ. Did you realize that many many older men with Alzheimer's and Frontotemporal Lobe Dementia have no control over their sexual impulses? We cannot call for their deaths.

Sadly, this is what happens when a society decides that treatment for the mentally ill comes dead last. Of course, my heart goes out to the victim and her family. After all, I am the mother of eight children who were brutally raped. Their rapist was sentenced to and served ten years. But I could never wish harm on him. That would be lowering myself to his level.

This man needs full time supervision and treatment and probably medication. He most certainly should not be roaming the aisles of a store. How I wish California (and most other states) could make this a priority but they don't.

God Bless you Izzy. Unfortunately I'm on the other end. I wanted him whooped senseless in the parking lot. As a survivor of child sexual assault I want to do it myself.

Imagine the PTSD the citizens that witnessed that will have as well. I can't even begin to fathom the horror and pain of seeing something like that.

He wasn't sick enough not to run. Obviously he's out of his livin lovin mind, but he still knew it was wrong and took off. He's not too disturbed as to know he was either going back to prison for "a year" or getting his head stomped.

Basically NotMyKids has it right. We can't depend on the government or the powers that be to keep our kids safe. At this point you'll have to keep a 2 year old attached to you with duct tape or something. Then again I was the overprotective, hoovering mother of a two year old who wouldn't be going to any other isle at any time without me. In the care of my ex my DD at 2 years old could have left the store and he wouldn't have known.

I agree we will have more victims. But if the choice of victims is a raped two year old or a tragically unable to control himself pedophile with a bullet in his head..... the choice is clear to me.

Agreed, but I think if we surgiclly remove their penis, and prostrate gland, we might find some better results. Medications are not enough as the person has the abilty to choose or forget to take them.

Most people in prison have parents there generations back.
Most people in prison had no father in the home.
Criminals have a criminal mentality that they fall back on.
The line most of us will not cross, is none existent for them.
I don't know if morals can be taught to adults, and it stick. I hope so.

Don't take this the wrong way but I don't care and here is why.....

We have failed as a society to keep these people locked up.........every time I turn around a RSO is out for some ungodly stupid reason and what do they do? They do it again...........they get bolder.......they prey upon the weak and the defenseless.

We are failing as a society to protect our children. You rape a 2 year old, you should get the death penalty in my opinion. We are such a liberal pandering society, no one has any fear anymore. They go to jail, they get out.

It would be nice if the truly mentally ill............and I say truly...........would get treatment but even then......I would NEVER EVER want that person (talking about this guy) around a child again.

Sorry, that's just the way I feel.

OMG talk about a predator attack.
Like a rabid animal waiting for an opportunity.
Shoot him quickly and humanely just like you would a vicious animal.

OMG

I just heard about this a few minutes ago while listening to the John and Ken Show on KFI 640AM here in Los Angeles. Horrible beyond words...

The show's host suggested that a bullet in the back of the head would be appropriate justice for this monster. I can't disagree with that!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back