TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom was on the search party this morning. It got called off because of the weather.

A couple of things that I don't think have been discussed. There are many people who have vacation places in this area. The search today was near Woodlawn Shores. Lots of people from Memphis/Jackson have cabins there. My brother in law from Jackson has 100 acres of hunting land
just north of parsons. My parents live in Memphis and have a place on te beech river. My point is, it is a little town, but lots
of folks travel through.

Also, something weird. They were searching on the west side of hwy 69. That would have been thrown put the passenger side going into town

I agree with your thoughts completely.
My family has a place on the TN river at Birdsong.
All of these areas near the river (or Beech River watershed also) are very popular with people from Memphis, Jackson and areas in between.
Most people in Nashville usually go East unless they don't have the time to go that way for a weekend.
JMO

What's not released is strange and so is what is released. Why did they release that blood was found?

When my DIL was called into the crime scene, she was told blood was found....I'm thinking that information was first released by local law enforcement and the TBI confirmed it. Now that the TBI is involved with all evidence coming in, they are controlling what information is released, and they are being more close mouthed with that information.

To our local friends
How unusual would an ATV at 7 am be in that area?
I know of areas where it wouldn't stand out at all as everyone has one and uses them to go feed their horses, check their property, put mail in the box, etc.... But what's the case in that area?

IMO from having grown up near there and frequenting that area throughout the years, ATV's at that time of the morning or even at night (since they have headlights) is not unusual.
Neither were gunshots, because I grew up with guns/hunters in the house and on nearby land.
JMO

Something else. If he got rid of her items while driving from her house, that means he would have turned down that dead end road (Easton St.) during prime business hours. On here was stated a concrete plant, and it appears, another building is there also. I just find it hard to believe he would have took that risk at that time. It would have been extremely easy to spot him. Wonder if any of those business have survellance (however u spell it) cameras?

I find it hard to believe that this guy has been tooling around the general area for two weeks, with excessive LE presence and has not been pulled over or apprehended. If he is doing so, I doubt very much Holly will be found with him.

I agree. How would they get food? They would need to buy food, and get water etc. Someone would have spotted something if a guy and a captor is actually traveling around.

I believe what you do. My reason is because it would be ALOT easier for someone to spot her on the back of an ATV.

This is what I have been wondering.
Maybe someone with more experience with these vehicles in a hunting or farming setting can explain how he would have transported her via ATV.

Would he have sat in the back, gun or weapon to her back and made her drive? That seems risky, they could see someone who knows her. She would stand out in her clothes compared to his camo.

Is there a human size cargo box that attaches to the back of these? I just can't visualize how he would use an ATV. I'm hoping someone can explain that.
Thanks!

I agree that is an underlying theme. I think that is the end game moment in his mind. He may just want to see how long he can keep the game going.

Maybe he fancies himself in love with her and somehow thinks she might be in love with him too. By all accounts, she's a very sweet girl. Perhaps our guy read more into her friendliness than she ever intended. Maybe in his mind, if he can just get her alone, there's a chance she might realize that they were meant to be together.

I know that sounds far fetched, but this just doesn't read like a sex offender/serial killer abduction to me. It reads more desperate/lovesick youth. (Unless, of course, Holly is no longer in that vehicle.)

But like I said, you guys have all followed this case much more closely than I have. I'm probably talking out of my rear.

I was
reading your posts last night and this morning and I have forgotten some of what I was going to say, but somewhere someone mentioned that they didn't think that there would be much tree trimming in April.... That is insignificant in those parts. I imagine that they do a lot of things like clearing lots for new construction, cutting
trees that have fallen in all of these storms we have had,
Etc.
It isn't like tree trimming/landscaping like you would do in the suburbs

There is also a very active logging/sawmill community in that area, all the way up to Pickwick Lake and beyond.
Perhaps they also do that kind of work?
JMO

Has Holly's personality been talked about in a persuasive way? Being a nursing student you would think that she'd need to be very good with people and very sweet and understanding. Most people would panic in the situation and look for the quickest escape route before they're killed. I'm wondering if she's the kind of girl who is smart enough to try to bond with her abductor as she knows that they will be looking everywhere for her and if she can buy some time, she might be able to come out of this thing alive.

Maybe someone with more experience with these vehicles in a hunting or farming setting can explain how he would have transported her via ATV.

Would he have sat in the back, gun or weapon to her back and made her drive? That seems risky, they could see someone who knows her. She would stand out in her clothes compared to his camo.

Is there a human size cargo box that attaches to the back of these? I just can't visualize how he would use an ATV. I'm hoping someone can explain that.
Thanks!

I really think there was NEVER an ATV involved. Just walking to edge of woods and getting in car/truck. Although not apparent looking at google earth, deer path type dirt roads will accomodate some vehicles (especially if you know where you are going and avoid ruts and ditches etc), a narrow and quiet small 4 wheel drive truck or small SUV would make a better getaway. ATV would be as loud as a scream through quiet morning woods and wouldnt make any sense. Also would be near impossible to balance her, all her stuff, etc. And I think the perp just threw her stuff out the window along the way to get rid of evidence.

Thanks!

I think they will find her near her home where she screamed! I dont think she was on an atv or put in a car i think she is still out there.
Just like Kristie whos brother found her along the side of the road a year later not far from where she disappeared. the area was searched her cell was found but she wasnt. Her brother found her. JMO

I really think there was NEVER an ATV involved. Just walking to edge of woods and getting in car/truck. Although not apparent looking at google earth, deer path type dirt roads will accomodate some vehicles (especially if you know where you are going and avoid ruts and ditches etc), a narrow and quiet small 4 wheel drive truck or small SUV would make a better getaway. ATV would be as loud as a scream through quiet morning woods and wouldnt make any sense. Also would be near impossible to balance her, all her stuff, etc. And I think the perp just threw her stuff out the window along the way to get rid of evidence.

Been my thinking for near two weeks now

No problem. You are right, too. I am seriously questioning LE at this point & that must have come across to you, rightly so. I know, LE knows more than we do,I'm not doubting that. I'm just feeling the frustration of inconsistencies. I still hope for the best outcome, but starting to realize the best outcome is based on what's left, not some ideal version of Holly throwing breadcrumbs out the window for over a week.

I completely understand your frustration. My daughter is also a 20 year old, blonde college student, and we live in the boonies, so Holly's disappearance has hit me where I live and the lack of information is maddening.

Like you, although I would love to think Holly is outsmarting this jackalope who took her and, as you said, throwing breadcrumbs out the window, my heart is not telling me that.

I am only about two hours away and have so much wanted to help search but I had surgery on both my feet several weeks ago and I can't wear anything like boots yet. :waiting: So I'll keep praying they find this child and get her home. sigh....

I think they will find her near her home where she screamed! I dont think she was on an atv or put in a car i think she is still out there.
Just like Kristie whos brother found her along the side of the road a year later not far from where she disappeared. the area was searched her cell was found but she wasnt. Her brother found her. JMO

I think that's a very strong possibility. But I sure hope that's not the case.

To our local friends
How unusual would an ATV at 7 am be in that area?
I know of areas where it wouldn't stand out at all as everyone has one and uses them to go feed their horses, check their property, put mail in the box, etc.... But what's the case in that area?

It would not be unusual on your OWN land if you are hunting (at 7am) or just riding for fun. HOWEVER country landowners are always KEENLY aware of sounds of OTHER ATV'S on THEIR LAND. You really dont want people hunting there or even being there without permission! We have land and if I hear a neighbor riding there anytime of day my husband & I always comment and lay eyes on them to see if they are damaging the land, what they are doing there, etc. We love our neighbors but also love our land.

I think that's a very strong possibility. But I sure hope that's not the case.

Does anyone have a link to the case referenced? The one where the brother did his own research and was able to best guess where she was based on the cell? Just wondering why law enforcement wasn't able to do that in that case.

Depressed that volunteer searches are off for two days. Same old same old with this case. What seems like a hot lead is nothing.

Ok, so I need to grab some coffee. I found it. It wasn't in the article it's in their twitter feed. It is from a reporter of

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/subindex/video/myfoxbuzz

GCoy1 Greg Coy
Volunteers tell FOX13's Earle Farrell significant piece eevidence in Holly Bobo case is cell phone. Earle waiting to hear from authorities.

Interesting. I believe if it was her cell phone, they wouldn't put any question on whether or not it belonged to Holly. Why do they need to complicate the information that they are providing?

Is anyone else surprised the volunteers haven't leaked info?

I agree. These searchers are a bit higher scale than the searchers in the Hailey Dunn case. They fight and bicker all day long there!

I have followed a few cases in the past but many of you are much more experienced.

What are your theories for LE not providing any information at all. I understand not sharing all of the information but virtually none?? Other than the lunchbox we don't really know anything at all. Why did they tell us about the lunchbox?

I think that we are dealing with a different type of LE agency here. This is not a local LE agency with a “spokesperson” talking daily. This is the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations. I think personally that they operate differently and likely have a different set of rules than a local agency. I think that could account for the secrecy. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member