TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I ever read. was "something significant." Now the TBI spokeswoman in the above article is saying they are "pretty sure" it belongs to HB, but not sure it will help out. Sounds like some serious backtracking to me. Certainly TBI knows how quick a case can go cold, don't they?

Finding something that belongs to Holly is significant but it also doesn't mean it'll have any value when it comes to finding her or the perp.
It's not really backtracking.

That is 'different group cohesion patterns' than in the city, Doc Fessel....we sometimes see things differently in the less densely populated areas, and interact differently than city folks do.

I know this having lived in both, and still going back and forth between the two 'worlds'. More like different universes sometimes, when we compare life and how we live in the country and the city.

Something "significant" could be a piece of jewelry she was wearing and easily recognized by her mother.

Well that is a possibility. For someone to call in a tip on jewlery would indicate that the community is very sensitive to everything out of the norm. That is spectacular.

It is frustrating for us behind a keyboard but the TBI knows more about the case than we do.

What is the upside with making details public?

What is the downside?

Remember, the prosecution of the case is yet to come.

YES, it is frustrating!

bbm

shows you how pure of heart these searchers are...they are trying to remain focused on finding Holly, not media information/misinformation.

I sincerely hope & pray that today is the day Holly comes home!

NOOOOO that the guy that took her made the call from her phone!
He would have taken the phone away im sure thats the first thing on the list.

Was just a thought that came ot my mind lol

And that would make sense. That would give hope that he is keeping Holly as a prize in a game. LE would have to be careful how they played the game to not tip their hand while trying to find Holly alive.

Another thought. If he's planting items (which I don't know that I believe, just due to the risk factor) WHY?
To mess with the searchers? Then we would expect to see them in areas that had already been searched.
To keep them from being found? Obviously not, why plant them all over instead of throwing them in a dumpster or lake?
To taunt the family with the idea that she is still alive? Maybe.
To keep the media attention (and his ego) going? Maybe.

I don't really know, I just think that even in the randomness, if that's what's going on here, it isn't truly random...

I updated search locations on the map. Let me know if there is more tha needs to be updated.

If Holly is alive, and I pray she is, I think she would take every opportunity available to leave even the smallest clue behind. This kidnapper cannot possibly keep his eyes on her every second. Anything in her pockets or on her body is a potential clue. If she has survived this long, she must have gained some sort of trust with her kidnapper. She is not a baby, she is a 20 year old woman and knows what her limited resources are while being held captive.

If Holly is alive, and I pray she is, I think she would take every opportunity available to leave even the smallest clue behind. This kidnapper cannot possibly keep his eyes on her every second. Anything in her pockets or on her body is a potential clue. If she has survived this long, she must have gained some sort of trust with her kidnapper. She is not a baby, she is a 20 year old woman and knows what her limited resources are while being held captive.

Hope you are right, but every day we see these women go missing and they hardly ever have a good outcome. I do not think they let these woman live long enuff to outsmart them! JMO

Unfortunately!

Why would he put her in a situation where should could leave clues?

I have followed a few cases in the past but many of you are much more experienced.

What are your theories for LE not providing any information at all. I understand not sharing all of the information but virtually none?? Other than the lunchbox we don't really know anything at all. Why did they tell us about the lunchbox?

Another thought. If he's planting items (which I don't know that I believe, just due to the risk factor) WHY?
To mess with the searchers? Then we would expect to see them in areas that had already been searched.
To keep them from being found? Obviously not, why plant them all over instead of throwing them in a dumpster or lake?
To taunt the family with the idea that she is still alive? Maybe.
To keep the media attention (and his ego) going? Maybe.

I don't really know, I just think that even in the randomness, if that's what's going on here, it isn't truly random...

I can't decide if this guy is really dumb or really smart. Someone that is trying to get away with something....Well, I just don't see them leaving anything behind on accident. Planting them maybe, but only if he is trying to throw them completely off of where she really is.

We recognize that one of the most informative aspects of the whole case for us here at WS is the excellent map created and managed by Hollye. The map has provided good information on locations and key events. Thank you Hollye for your efforts.

I have followed a few cases in the past but many of you are much more experienced.

What are your theories for LE not providing any information at all. I understand not sharing all of the information but virtually none?? Other than the lunchbox we don't really know anything at all. Why did they tell us about the lunchbox?

I have no idea, I would think the more information the public has the faster they will find an ans here. BUT thats JMO

Why would he put her in a situation where should could leave clues?

I don't think he would do that knowingly but, as I stated before, he can't keep his eyes on her every second. He has to be driving a vehicle, moving about and they both have to sleep sometime.

IMHO I believe they think the perp is watching very closely. Not sure about internet, but if he access to a tele or a radio (even solar powered out there in the woods). I applaud LE for keeping the clues very close to their vests. I for one, don't want him to know what LE has found or how close they are.

Just my opinion though.

Mel

I believe they are keeping things quiet because they are not done gathering evidence and do not want to clue the "perp" into how much they know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla