Ronald Cummings, drug trafficking charges

Let's review quickly:

Hank's out.

Lisa's in Jail.
Ron, Misty, Tommy, Hope & Donna - in prison.
WBG, in prison.

I forget where Nay is? Jail still?

Amber?

WBG's uncle?

The gent who Nay wrote about in her letter?

Anyone else?

Okay, I read the update. I read about the meaning of it. It can be an error detected by the State or the convicted that their lawyer found.

I found one error and feel it could be the scrivener's error. Not sure because I'm not a lawyer TG!

Somewhere in my readings I read all about scoresheets, pluses/points toward convictions/multiply by 2 etc equals the amount of time given to a person. I think I read, they go to the State afterwards in a certain amount of time if the recommended sentence is diverted from. It's reveiwed. So maybe it's the State that found something that's small. Just a guess.

another link about "illegal sentence" always just guessing from what I read.

http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/decisions/probin/sc04-100.pdf

I agree with Dr. Know? it's probably some minor detail. Maybe something like a miscount on the number days credit given for time served or some mathematical error in the scoresheet. If an error was made, Ron's release date might change, but it won't change by much.

I am no longer sure that Ron filed this Motion; I think the State did. Either way, the law says it must be heard within 20 days of filing if a hearing is deemed necessary, and decision must be issued soon after.

It's too late for coffee...help me understand what you're thinkin' Papa. :waitasec: How are we linking the motion affect Misty's final sentencing hearing? Are you thinking things have been moving along in the background with regard to witnesses finally talking on Haleigh's case, including something that make this motion make sense to you? Are we having more than a sentencing hearing tomorrow? A continuance, perhaps?

Emma, I don't make too many IMO type posts, but to answer you question, without benefit of fact, at this point will have to be "in my opinion" only.

I don't personally feel that Misty is likely to be the one who directly committed this crime against Haleigh. Maybe I don't have a good, solid, factual basis for believing this so it will need to be chalked up to "gut instinct" whether I'm right or wrong.

With that said, do I think she knows who did harm Haleigh? ABSOLUTELY I do.

If you consider those two beliefs, pretty much all that can be left to explain her silence is the idea she's protecting someone.

Today, Misty is set to be sentenced at 1:30 pm for a prison term that could easily be for the rest of her natural life for the relatively "minor" crime of being one player in the dealing/trafficking of $4,000 +/- worth of pain pills.

What if, at her young life's darkest hour, she finds out that the object of her protection, and co defendant, has a "Motion to Correct Illegal Sentence" going down? What if she thinks she's going to be the one left holding the bag for what's really about something she didn't even do? Is her benevolence of silence going to continue?

Mine wouldn't.

I think this very odd motion, coming out less than 24 hrs before her hearing, could easily be a purposeful strategy by LE to give a "key" incentive for one of her last remaining opportunities to "open the lock".

Well there's been a lot of stuff coming out via records for the past month. You just have to watch for them. So many rumors have been put to rest.

Thanks for the information, plus all the "IMOs". Trying to make heads or tails of what those people do gives me one large headache.

Like many others, I believe Misty know who, what, when, how, and why of what happened to Haleigh. I've never believed it was at her hand. I do believe she was right there, too. I do believe she is protecting someone as well as herself. She'd rather go down as a drug dealer than a baby killer, or an accomplice to that killing. IMO.

As for the latest motion, it could be as simple as a clerical/math error, or RC's attorney trying anything, or just another ploy by the prisoner to get his way. :waitasec:

I just wish someone would care more about Haleigh than they do their own hides. :maddening:

Is it possible that Ron is not honoring his part of the deal and they want to modify the sentence to include the two 25 minimum charges?

12/29/2010 60 MOTION TO CORRECT ILLEGAL SENTENCE

Date of this motion is 12 days ago. On a Wednesday, day before NY's Eve. Between the holidays. I suppose we may not be able to tell what day it was actually posted to the on-line docket list? All we know is that the info hit this thread on Sunday 1/9.

Per docket, Ron's case status is now "reopened case". It does set the mind flying, given there was approximately one business week between filing and Misty's hearing. IMO, agreeing it is a coincidence that looks non-coincidental. If you know what I mean.

I also wonder what the statue of limitations is on "illegal sentencing motions" because the time frame of this particular motion is approx. 90 days from sentencing...

Did PC have the larger charges for Misty? I can't remember offhand...

If this is a chess game, and their is a strategy to "he who is scheduled last for sentencing", then it's interesting how Misty's sentencing hearing was postponed for 3 months, Ron could think about that, then Ron's sentencing happened, Misty could think about that, then Lisa, Hank, WBG and Nay get arrested/sentenced, then Ron's sentence is appealed just as Misty's sentencing happens, so Misty can think about that.

Then again, it might not be a chess game, it might not be the wheels of justice and investigative strategy ... it might just be ... what it is. The slow, sad circle of life of crime and punishment that is Haleigh's Satsuma gang.

I don't know what to think anymore; it's difficult to feel hopeful. But I'll be here for Haleigh.

Setting my alarm for sentencing hearing time. See ya then.

"Illegal sentencing" sounds like "unlawful" or something of that nature. I don't think they would use that wording to mean Ron was non-compliant with his plea bargain, but I'm not a lawyer, so what do I know?

"Illegal sentencing" sounds like "unlawful" or something of that nature. I don't think they would use that wording to mean Ron was non-compliant with his plea bargain, but I'm not a lawyer, so what do I know?

If Ron, did not honor his plea bargain, then his sentence becomes illegal and it needs to get modified, that was the deal, seems to me he isnt honoring answering truthfully about stuff when it comes to his daughter, because I cant see what would be illegal about his sentence, he was lucky to get a deal, but it came with conditions, if someone cant make good on the conditions....

It think its about to hit the fan.

If Ron did not honor his plea bargain, his dropped charges would be re-opened. Record does not show that has happened. This Motion deals with sentences on the other three charges only. If the State needs to take action against Ron, a Motion to Correct Illegal Sentence is not the proper procedure to do that.

Still, I do hope something is about to hit the fan.

If Ron did not honor his plea bargain, his dropped charges would be re-opened. Record does not show that has happened. This Motion deals with sentences on the other three charges only. If the State needs to take action against Ron, a Motion to Correct Illegal Sentence is not the proper procedure to do that.

Still, I do hope something is about to hit the fan.

I thought his cases had been reopened?

I thought his cases had been reopened?

Nope. I just checked. The three he was sentenced on are re-opened. The two that were dropped in the plea deal are still closed.

Nope. I just checked. The three he was sentenced on are re-opened. The two that were dropped in the plea deal are still closed.
I have a very bad feeling about this. I think this may be favorable for RC, God, I hope not.

I have a very bad feeling about this. I think this may be favorable for RC, God, I hope not.

I just want to know what was illegal about Rons sentence? Was it not him on the tapes crowing about what kind of pills he can get, was it a body double who counted those pills? I really want to know what can be misconstrued as illegal?

I just want to know what was illegal about Rons sentence? Was it not him on the tapes crowing about what kind of pills he can get, was it a body double who counted those pills? I really want to know what can be misconstrued as illegal?

It could be something minor, like maybe his 246 days credit for time served should really be 247 or whatever. In such a situation, either side could have filed the Motion to have it corrected.

It could be something minor, like maybe his 246 days credit for time served should really be 247 or whatever. In such a situation, either side could have filed the Motion to have it corrected.

Who would even care about something minor? Something bigger is going on, I mean who would waste their time on something like that, why would that be an issue now? And plus, we dont even know if thats the case, what could a other for instance be? I mean, time is not calculated by an absent minded clerk counting on her abbacus, its all computer generated!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back