Weird? True? Then it Happened in Florida!

lbminnesota

Reaction score
Funny recap of 2009 stories from our weird and wacky sunshine state.

You know you're living in a weird state when the governor promotes a pay-per-minute sex chat line.

Or when a congressman asks the House speaker to move a day's worth of votes so he can watch a college football game.

Or when employees at not just one, not two, but three state prisons use stun guns on their kids as part of "Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day."

That's Florida, once again making people snicker at its dumb criminals, strange animals and all-around oddness.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20091229/NEWS/912295062

The University of Florida's disaster recovery plan included a section on dealing with zombies.

Are zombies a problem in Florida? Wouldn't the gators take care of the zombies? :waitasec: I'm rethinking Spring Break vacation.

This is hysterical! So sad, these all really happened:crazy:

This is why I love Florida. I want to live in Florida and experience the weirdness first hand. Before I die this is my wish.

Florida has the best and worst of things. Strange things and great news stories yet very sad murders that rip one's heart out...

I love Florida though for all the weirdness and the ocean.

Gozgals

Florida has the best and worst of things. Strange things and great news stories yet very sad murders that rip one's heart out...

I love Florida though for all the weirdness and the ocean.

Gozgals

Florida does seem to have it's fair share of weirdness but so does anywhere else. (I have yet to encounter a 'zombie', anywhere, but it can't hurt to be prepared, right? :crazy:)

I love the ocean and Disneyworld. I am most likely never gonna get to CA to see the ocean there or Disneyland, so Florida is as good as it gets for us.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back