Do you think Max's scooter was involved in his fall?

Do you think Max's Razor scooter was involved in his fall?

• Yes

Votes: 54 84.4%
  • No

Votes: 10 15.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Dina will attempt to file a wrongful death lawsuit. She has 9 months before the SOL is over. She may be able to use several arguments regarding whether the railings were up to code and whether Max was properly supervisied prior to his accident.

She may be entiled to collect a portion of the property Max would have inherited through the law of intestate succession according to one article. Does anyone know if she would be entiled to collect on properties or Trust Funds that Max would have inherited? Just wondering?

Read more: The California Wrongful Death Law | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_6916279_california-wrongful-death-law.html#ixzz2BDZ8tEiwna

BBM

I certainly hope so! Poor, poor little Maxie! If I had all the $$$$$$ JS had, and my child had developmental problems, as Max did, I would have paid someone to look after him 24/7. NO EXCUSES!!!!

BBM

I certainly hope so! Poor, poor little Maxie! If I had all the $$$$$$ JS had, and my child had developmental problems, as Max did, I would have paid someone to look after him 24/7. NO EXCUSES!!!!

Hi 4Jacy! Did Max have developmental problems? I hadn't heard that before.

I read that he may have been hyper-active because he was fed too much sugar. Though that is not a developmental problem, only a dietary problem that could affect anyone on a poor diet.

What type of developmental problem did Max have? I read that he was highly intelligent, social and had good coordination and strength. According to Dina's report in her 'Boy Interrupted' article, Max played soccer with kids two years older than himself. Any info you can share is appreciated. Tia.

Max didn't have developmental problems.
From everything I gather, he was a healthy normally developing child.

I am still wondering why the scooter was allowed on the second floor. There was a courtyard driveway to play in and a garage in which the scooter could be stored.

I believe most parents would train their children to put away bikes and scooters in the garage against the walls somewhere. Some even install hooks on the walls for mounting. Obviously one would need to follow after a six year old to make sure they didn't leave their scooter/bike in the middle of the driveway.

Is there is something inherently wrong with allowing the scooter on the inside of the house and on the second floor aside from the obvious danger and sanitation issues? Are there any parents who post here that allow bikes/scooters to be kept and played with indoors? I would love to hear a different take on this matter because it is not generally an commonly accepted practice in the circles with which I am familar.

I have a 5 year old and she isn't allowed to bring or ride her scooter in the house.... BUT she has several times brought it in by accident. Actually just over the weekend she was outside riding it in the driveway. She decided to come in and get something from her bedroom. Instead of leaving the scooter in the driveway like you would think someone would do, she rolled the scooter all the way to her room and back out (at which point I reminded her not to take it in the house). Being a kid it just slipped her mind for a minute that she could have left it in the driveway. Anyways, I doubt he was allowed to ride in the house. But I wouldn't be surprised if he brought the scooter in anyway for some reason. And being a kid is there anything more tempting then riding a scooter on nice smooth indoor floors?

Most kids will see what they can get by with. I have no doubt that all the kids would do as they please to a point. Unfortunately, a poor decision to play in the house that day resulted in death. In addition, it also resulted in a revengeful murder that same week.

In medicine, we refer to what happened to Max as an "unwitnessed accident." Even Dina can not refer to this as a homicide. If the visiting children Ethan and Gabby were involved, or saw what happened, we haven't been given that information. The EMT's job is to stabilize the patient and transport to the best hospital available, depending on the level of injury. The fact that he had been riding the scooter in the house on the second floor, was a given (paint transfer on the newel post). Somehow he and the Razor flew over the railing.The other facts were that the chandelier was shattered, and the scooter was lying on top of Max when he was found. I can imagine that the handle bars might have flipped up if the rear hit the railing and hit him in the face/head. Also, if he tried to grab the chandelier to break his fall, the bike had to fall somehow, but he ended up UNDER it. He died from anoxic encephalopathy caused by blunt force trauma to his cervical spine, head and neck. Such a sad situation.

Considering Jonah Shacknai seems to have difficulty getting his story straight about whether or not he still owns Spreckles, I am certainly not going to take his word for it the chipped up paint on the newel post was not there the day before.

If you look closely at the newel post photos, it appears as if there was older "touch up" paint on the post. Possibly from earlier incidents or contacts. This would be a red flag to any investigator in a future legal action. Its quite possible the damage on that newel post was not from just a one time only incident, but rather accumulative damage over a period of time. It explains the touch up paint and multiple planes of damage. This would not be surprising since this is an area of high traffic flow in a house filled with children and teenagers. I can imagine that Max, his siblings, housekeeping staff, and other people all carried or played with numerous objects (ie: scooters, vacuum cleaners, furniture, baseball bats, balls, ect) around the stairs and bannister.

Speckler's mansion was 101 years old when JS purchased it in 2007. Surely the newel post suffered even minor damages throughout the course of years prior to Jonah Shacknai's ownership.

It remains most difficult to understand how a small boy and his scooter fell off the 2nd floor to land in the compact space below.

Did the paint transfer to the scooter wheel occur just prior to the fall or the evening before?

Who, other than XZ, witnessed MS riding his scooter upstairs?

Why were there no signs on Max's hands to indicate he grabbed anything to impede his fall? Max's hands were at least 35" off the ground holding onto the handlebars yet there was no damage to his fingers or knuckles caused by slamming into the wooden banister.

According to Dr. Bove's analysis, the scooter had little damage except for a scuff on the vertical shaft; however, it was seven degrees back of true vertical alignment. The front wheel has lateral paint transfer. Does this indicate the front wheel was between two spindles? How else could the front wheel show white paint transfer on both sides of the same wheel?

Was Max riding his scooter fast along the heavy-pile carpet, which we know the scooter wasn't able to travel very fast on heavy-pile carpeting, yet, somehow, going fast, the scooter's front wheel slides in between two spindles creating an instant cessation in motion causing the bilateral paint transfer. The immediate halt catapults Max and he scooter up and over the height and width of the railing, and snags the chandelier, although Max nor the scooter demonstrate physical contact with the chandelier. Somehow his body must also turn into a headfirst position consistent with a high velocity impact to receive the fatal head and neck injuries.

I suppose, someone could have been pushing him while he steered the scooter; however, getting Max and his scooter over the railing required high velocity.

No, the scooter was not the involved in the fall.

imo & moo

Speckler's mansion was 101 years old when JS purchased it in 2007. Surely the newel post suffered even minor damages throughout the course of years prior to Jonah Shacknai's ownership.

It remains most difficult to understand how a small boy and his scooter fell off the 2nd floor to land in the compact space below.

Did the paint transfer to the scooter wheel occur just prior to the fall or the evening before?

Why were there no signs on Max's hands to indicate he grabbed anything to impede his fall? Max's hands were at least 35" off the ground holding onto the handlebars yet there was no damage to his fingers or knuckles caused by slamming into the wooden banister.

According to Dr. Bove's analysis, the scooter had little damage except for a scuff on the vertical shaft; however, it was seven degrees back of true vertical alignment. The front wheel has lateral paint transfer. Does this indicate the front wheel was between two spindles? How else could the front wheel show white paint transfer on both sides of the same wheel?

Was Max riding his scooter fast along the heavy-pile carpet, which we know the scooter wasn't able to travel very fast on heavy-pile carpeting, yet, somehow, going fast, the scooter's front wheel slides in between two spindles creating an instant cessation in motion causing the bilateral paint transfer. The immediate halt catapults Max and he scooter up and over the height and width of the railing, and snags the chandelier, although Max nor the scooter demonstrate physical contact with the chandelier. Somehow his body must also turn into a headfirst position consistent with a high velocity impact to receive the fatal head and neck injuries.

I suppose, someone could have been pushing him while he steered the scooter; however, getting Max and his scooter over the railing required high velocity.

imo & moo

I tend to agree, I don't see how the scooter was involved without going to great lengths to imagine it was....

I personally and only in my own opinion think possibly someone got angry on that second floor... is there a bedroom right by the stairs, there... and grabbed the scooter, banging it against the newel post.

I think it was an ill-fated attempt at trying to copy skateboard maneuvers. He probably pulled up on the handles, which put him high enough over the railing to fall over it.

imo & moo

i think this reply sums up Dina's belief in 100 words or less. Although DeDee didn't actually say Rebecca went from a petty shoplifter to child murderer of course like Dina has.

I think the whole scenario is explained by Max riding his scooter at high speeds while 'Ocean' the dog either chased him or got in front of him.

I think Max ran into the dog and that collision forced him over the rail while he still held onto the scooter. I think the scooter itself 'hooked' the chandelier and brought it down. Hence the last word of 'Ocean...'

The scooter landing 'on top of' (very little did in fact) Max is just normal movement of a falling object. (bouncing scooter etc)

i think this reply sums up Dina's belief in 100 words or less. Although DeDee didn't actually say Rebecca went from a petty shoplifter to child murderer of course like Dina has.

I think the whole scenario is explained by Max riding his scooter at high speeds while 'Ocean' the dog either chased him or got in front of him.

I think Max ran into the dog and that collision forced him over the rail while he still held onto the scooter. I think the scooter itself 'hooked' the chandelier and brought it down. Hence the last word of 'Ocean...'

The scooter landing 'on top of' (very little did in fact) Max is just normal movement of a falling object. (bouncing scooter etc)

The theory that Rebecca somehow "torpedoed" Maxie over the rails, in my opinion severely lacks any motive whatsoever. If Rebecca ever hoped to bring her relationship with Jonah to the next level (eg engagement and eventually marriage), the good relationship with Maxie was a must. We know they got along great which probably made Dina even more angry and jealous. Not only Rebecca stole her rich husband, she also won little Maxie's affection and friendship as well. And Rebecca was not known to have volatile and aggressive character, we know she couldn't confront JS teen children who apparently didn't treat her with enough respect. She simply had no motive to hurt Maxie.

I agree that probably Maxie ran into dog while riding the scooter and that caused his fall. I also think Maxie screamed "Ocean" immediately before his fall, that's what Rebecca heard. Later on it got documented that he said "Ocean" after his fall, before becoming unconscious - it may be a mistake, Rebecca was very shaken after the fall and may not remember or report it correctly.

The theory that Rebecca somehow "torpedoed" Maxie over the rails, in my opinion severely lacks any motive whatsoever.

<snip>

I agree that probably Maxie ran into dog while riding the scooter and that caused his fall. I also think Maxie screamed "Ocean" immediately before his fall, that's what Rebecca heard. Later on it got documented that he said "Ocean" after his fall, before becoming unconscious - it may be a mistake, Rebecca was very shaken after the fall and may not remember or report it correctly.

By most accounts, Rebecca heard a crash. Where is it found that Maxie ever screamed anything during his suffering? Look at the photos of Maxie's face and back injuries, if you can. It took me months of studying the suicide before I could read about Maxie.

"Rebecca was very shaken after the fall and may not remember or report it correctly."
This is not a valid excuse for giving an inaccurate accident report regarding a six yr old boy's injuries. Everyone expects even AS to make an accurate report after discovering the body of his brother's gf. Furthermore, you excuse Rebecca for not remembering or that she may not be able to make an accurate report bc she is very shaken. The aunt of the child who is dying is too shaken to be polygraphed.

You believe Maxie rode the scooter too fast. Maxie ran into the dog. Therefore, is it Maxie's own fault he suffered certain demise?

This precious little boy suffered horribly with over 24 visual facial and neck abrasions that does not include the terrible back injuries. Something much more than a simple collision occurred.

Without embedding photos of Maxie's back injuries, this link is provided.

http://www.maxshacknai.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Dr.%20Bove_Stair%20Rail%20Composit.jpg

These are his neck and facial injuries.

http://www.maxshacknai.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Maxie1.jpg

I feel that Max could not speak, which is a voluntary action bc he could not even breathe which is an involuntary action that happens when the brain tells the lungs in inhale, they do, unless the brain does not get the message. Max was not breathing. He was not speaking. His pupils were fixed and dilated.

And what does "very little" of the scooter landed on Maxie mean exactly? Do you mean that if more had landed on him the injuries would have been so much worse bc they were already fatal? Or did you mean that if that pesky scooter had not been involved none of this would have happened?

Just a friendly reminder to my fellow posters to be careful if you choose to click on embedded links. The owner/ administrator of a privately owned website will (if they choose) be able to have access to some of your personal information, such as the IP address you are posting from.

If you choose to click on the embedded links in the above post, Dina Shacknai, the owner and administrator of that site, will have access to your IP address.

Added: I guess I should make it clearer that whether or not you are logged into WS, the admin of that site in the post above, can see your IP if you click on the links. Even if you are a lurker or not registered at WS, in other words.

Always good to be safe, and aware of privacy concerns. :)

I tend to agree, I don't see how the scooter was involved without going to great lengths to imagine it was....

I personally and only in my own opinion think possibly someone got angry on that second floor... is there a bedroom right by the stairs, there... and grabbed the scooter, banging it against the newel post.

ITA. The most likely scenario is that someone lost their temper and impulsively grabbed the scooter and tossed it over. One of the LE statements did note that Max supposedly had been previously told not to ride it in the house.

JMO

ITA. The most likely scenario is that someone lost their temper and impulsively grabbed the scooter and tossed it over. One of the LE statements did note that Max supposedly had been previously told not to ride it in the house.

JMO

Yes, and children ALWAYS listen and do what they are told.

JMO

Then why o' why did Dina not pursue a wrongful death lawsuit against Rebecca's estate and XE? Lord knows we heard enough threats from her supporters on here the past year. Guess she let you all down.

With a wrongful death lawsuit, Dina and her followers on here could have had that deposition with XE. With a wrongful death lawsuit Dina would have the opportunity to prove her homicide theory to a jury. Instead Dina did absolutely NOTHING. Astonishing really. Takes my breath away.

Then why o' why did Dina not pursue a wrongful death lawsuit against Rebecca's estate and XE? Lord knows we heard enough threats from her supporters on here the past year. Guess she let you all down.

With a wrongful death lawsuit, Dina and her followers on here could have had that deposition with XE. With a wrongful death lawsuit Dina would have the opportunity to prove her homicide theory to a jury. Instead Dina did absolutely NOTHING. Astonishing really. Takes my breath away.

Things are getting heated on this subject: AWESOME!

BBM

Mr. Spock... where did she say that Rebecca or XE (XZ?) did anything to Max. I'm a little jumpy because earlier I referred to a "Star" of a show, and someone put words in my mouth that I was saying "Jonah" and I WAS NOT! It's easy to accidentally put words in people's mouth because of what we are thinking in our own minds. Sometimes jumping to conclusions.

BBM

Mr. Spock... where did she say that Rebecca or XE (XZ?) did anything to Max. I'm a little jumpy because earlier I referred to a "Star" of a show, and someone put words in my mouth that I was saying "Jonah" and I WAS NOT! It's easy to accidentally put words in people's mouth because of what we are thinking in our own minds. Sometimes jumping to conclusions.

I'll copy MyBelle's May to June 2013 posts pertaining to this subject if you are unable to find them. Thank you for reminding me to include all prior posts to avoid confusion in the future.

To get you up to speed: MyBelle had quite a bit of chatter going on in May to June 2013 about how Dina would be OR should be filing a wrongful death claim against Rebecca's estate and that it should be easy to win. MyBelle must have been shocked when Dina did absolutely NOTHING.

And yes I did mean XZ not XE. I am not all that familiar with the initials of Rebecca's family members.

Thank you for pointing out to me what I had failed to include.

BBM

Here is what you said, plus, I'm sure it was based on some context before it.

Originally Posted by LoveAlways7
BBM
YOU have hit the nail on the head.... This is and has always been about the star of the show. Dina is not the Star. Adam is not the Star. And the Star is the one that will be directing how this will play out on Dina and Adam's sides of this case.
I think it's logical to assume you were talking about Jonah, but you are correct in the sense that you didn't actually use his name. Maybe you want to clarify who the Star is you are talking about instead of making so many posts that you were misquoted. I think that would help end this discussion and any pointing fingers towards posters you say are misquoting you and putting words in your mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304