Deceased/Not Found Canada - Lyle, 78, & Marie McCann, 77, Alberta, 5 July 2010 #1 *T. Vader guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously nobody here, or on the McCann FB group, knows where Lyle and Marie are. Personally I would rather have 36,000 people join and light a candle, turn on their porchlight, or send up a prayer in a outpouring of support for this couple and their family, rather than nobody join because they can't be proactive in contributing to or solving this case. And yes, there is strength in numbers, which would be meaningless if everyone just sat and waited for those one or two pieces of critical information needed to find the McCanns.

Naysaying about the McCann FB group doesn't contribute to solving their disappearance either, and certainly doesn't enhance the integrity of Websleuths.

If that FB group is getting the word out there and showing the family that the world cares, kudos to them and Bravo !!

In the hintonparklander article about Shelly Bacsu, they refer to the LE having a sketch and then don't even include it. Bugs the heck outta me.

Edson is also associated with Andrew Bellwood, a major witness in the Pickton trial. Bellwood, who lived with Pickton at one time, had been interrogated about the murder of Margaret Findlay in Edson. He had also been in court in Edson wrt an assault on his partner du jour:

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/237399--pickton-witness-was-questioned-in-edmonton-case

These peeps do have a way of finding each other ... maybe not the case with TV, but wouldn't surprise me if they know each other. These animals usually run in packs, and IMO, drugs and the subsequent depravity are the central factor.

There seem to be packs around Edson. The oilpatch is part of this formula. This one is awaiting sentencing in the murder of Emily Stauffer:

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/story.html?id=f6f92432-cafe-4579-9476-90a3b5fef662

Multiple sightings of Vader in green SUV?

http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100723/edm_vader_100723/20100723/?hub=EdmontonHome

... CTV News has heard the same story from multiple sources in the small town of Peers, Alta. They say Vader showed up in the small town last week to a certain residence and was driving a Hyundai SUV.

The man who lives at the home is known locally as Bandana Dave, a friend of Vader who continues to deny that the man was ever in the small town.

CTV News has also been told that Vader was in the company of a female, described as his girlfriend ...

If you will allow me an opinion please ... as some of you mentioned that some seem to live on the FB page ... alot of people have taken the case very much to heart and I don't think the family thought it would get out of hand that much. It's beginning to sound like one big party ... I have to agree, however I do think it would be difficult for the family to have these continuous posters stop. Feelings would get hurt.
There's alot of space where the vigil will be, however since people are driving from a distance as well and all inviting hundreds, I see the need for LE to block off the 4 lanes of roadway to accomodate the hundreds. Well it may already be blocked off since the summer usually sees street vendors in that area.

I wonder if he had the girlfriend with him the entire time. A woman asking for help or appearing to need help, could very well have got the McCanns to offer help. Then out jumps him and then it is too late.

I wonder if he had the girlfriend with him the entire time. A woman asking for help or appearing to need help, could very well have got the McCanns to offer help. Then out jumps him and then it is too late.

Yes RubyRed ... would be a good ruse. Also, at least one of the PG sightings that we heard about indicated there were 2 people in the vehicle.

Low rentals, subsidized housing and the deep woods seem to be a draw for untoward type of people. Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying all, however when long time residents move away ... Realestate companies often buy property and rent them out too.
Often you get the type of person that when the heat is on them in the cities and larger towns, and often these are the people who grew up in the area. Having worked north of there, I got the impression that many from up highway 16 were on S. assistance, AISH and on drugs.

As far as any of those campsites, I would never go to them, not those that are so heavily surrounded by tall and thick forest. There are some closer to towns and more open that are safer.

I really hope that all elderly travellers take due caution.

I've waffled quite a bit as to whether to post this or not. Probably shouldn't, probably not related and far-fetched, but putting it out there just in case ...

LE in California is seeking a green suv in relation to the July 15 disappearance and death of Norma Lopez, Moreno Valley, CA. Today the NG show had a pic of a vehicle similar to what LE is seeking, and it is that same kind of seafoam green as the McCann's suv. Windows are different, but it was the colour that really struck me. No pic available on the internet that i can find as yet.

Norma's body was left in a grove of trees that IMO is very similar in appearance to the type of area the McCann's suv was found.

A lot of spec from me here, but we know TV was arrested July 19 at Bulmer's house. We've heard that there were sightings of TV in the Niton Junction area and Peers, AB "last week", but don't know which days/dates. Assuming (yeh, okay) that Bulmer called LE as soon as or shortly after TV arrived at his home, say on the 18th(?), then it's not totally outside the realm of possibility that someone could have taken the McCann's vehicle on a very long joy ride. Edmonton to Los Angeles, 1700 miles, about a 24 hr drive one way. Of course there have been numerous sightings of TV in the Niton Junction area, but wonder if those timelines could rule out a trip to LA.

Remember, I did say it was far-fetched. Just had to get it outta my head ;)

The main thing that comes to mind with this scenario is that they have become extremely particular about getting across the American border. I believe everyone must show a passport and vehicle registration. I don't think that TV would have a chance of crossing with outstanding warrants, unless he had some type of fake id. The circumstances and timing are suspicious tho. I see why it peeked your interest.

Not sure if this is appropriate. I feel that anyone that would torch a Motorhome would be capable of any sort of heinous crime. If this lovely couple were held somewhere or left in the wilds do you not think that they would have showed up by now? So very sad.

The FB site, when I first hit on it, made me feel as though I knew them personally. We all have parents! [was not meaning to sound as though I was nay-saying the site, my apologies.]

Kind Regards,
Thyme

I've waffled quite a bit as to whether to post this or not. Probably shouldn't, probably not related and far-fetched, but putting it out there just in case ...

LE in California is seeking a green suv in relation to the July 15 disappearance and death of Norma Lopez, Moreno Valley, CA. Today the NG show had a pic of a vehicle similar to what LE is seeking, and it is that same kind of seafoam green as the McCann's suv. Windows are different, but it was the colour that really struck me. No pic available on the internet that i can find as yet.

Norma's body was left in a grove of trees that IMO is very similar in appearance to the type of area the McCann's suv was found.

A lot of spec from me here, but we know TV was arrested July 19 at Bulmer's house. We've heard that there were sightings of TV in the Niton Junction area and Peers, AB "last week", but don't know which days/dates. Assuming (yeh, okay) that Bulmer called LE as soon as or shortly after TV arrived at his home, say on the 18th(?), then it's not totally outside the realm of possibility that someone could have taken the McCann's vehicle on a very long joy ride. Edmonton to Los Angeles, 1700 miles, about a 24 hr drive one way. Of course there have been numerous sightings of TV in the Niton Junction area, but wonder if those timelines could rule out a trip to LA.

Remember, I did say it was far-fetched. Just had to get it outta my head ;)

There are also cameras at the border crossings that take pics of vehicle licence plates. They would know if that vehicle had crossed and exactly the time and date it did.

Husband of missing Edmonton woman issues statement for the McCanns
Friday, July 23, 2010

"Send our hopes and prayers to the family of Lyle & Marie Mcann for their parents safe return, and we know exactly what they are going through." said Scott Keith in an email.

Jerome, who is 47-years-old, has been missing from her Edmonton home since July 14th. Her family says her disappearance is out of character for her.

Note: I know name is misspelled; I copied exactly as it appears in the article in "quotations".
http://www.globaltvbc.com/Husband+missing+Edmonton+woman+issues+statement+McCanns/3314328/story.html

Jerome's WS thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110053

Without any updates from LE on where they're at with the investigation (and what information they already have, what they already know, what they may suspect but are perhaps trying to prove), how does anyone know that anything they could do to try and help (Turn Your Porch Light On campaign, passing out the Missing Posters, etc) is of any real benefit? Is LE's lack of updates to the public perhaps causing a lot of people who want to help, expend their efforts for nothing? Frankly I think it's unacceptable that LE doesn't provide some kind of update. In the interest of public safety, particularly at this time of year when many folks go RVing in/around Alberta, don't the public have the right to know if they could be at risk and should perhaps put off plans to RV for the time being? Don't tax-paying citizens and their families have a right to know if they are at risk? I just don't understand it all. I have senior family members who RV at this time of the year and them doing so scares the heck out of me. Is whomever is responsible for the disappearance of the McCanns still at large? Does LE know who is responsible but just trying to gather evidence to prove it so that criminal charges will stick? In the interest of public safety, I think more information needs to be provided, just my opinion. They don't need to give specifics but they could at least advise if they're making any progress and whether other RVers could be at risk. You read in the news that searches of various areas took place and have concluded but what does any of it mean?

My heart goes out to the McCann family. I can't even begin to imagine what they're going through as the days continue to pass. This is more than any family should have to endure. I still hold out hope that there will be a happy ending.

There are also cameras at the border crossings that take pics of vehicle licence plates. They would know if that vehicle had crossed and exactly the time and date it did.

Yes, i was thinking of that too nettie. Enlarging that pic of the McCann's vehicle being towed, the vehicle is so muddied, it is hard to determine if the plate even exists. If it exists, it is unreadable even with magnification.

These creeps know all the angles that honest peeps wouldn't consider. Crossing could be difficult but not impossible ... unmanned border crossing, vehicle with a muddied or wrapped plate, driver with a Nexus card.

Norma disappeared the morning of July 15 in Moreno Valley. The McCann suv was recovered on the 16th (earliest report I can find is approx. 3:00 pm, so approx 30 hrs later?)

Like I said, it is probably not connected. Was just putting it out there as a possibility given the likeness of the two suvs. If LE is reading and wants to think about it, I'll leave it up to them. ;) It may not be valuable info, but it is free. :)

How many hours of a drive would it be from Moreno Valley, California to Edson, Alberta?

Nojack campground

If someone wants to look around Nojack campground using Google Street View, and wants to compare with the pictures we got, here is the MAP link (takes a few seconds to load): http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=MacKay,+Alberta&daddr=RR+%231+Site+6+Box+7,+Nojack,+AB+T0E+1L0+(Nojack+Hotel)+to:53.609847,-115.604239&geocode=FciIMgMdrVUc-SnPxX_rGu2eUzH2BECUr-BKsQ%3BFdAOMgMdqH8c-SE0XbqDBptPug%3B&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=1&mrsp=2&sz=15&sll=53.607607,-115.613337&sspn=0.012273,0.027552&ie=UTF8&ll=53.609363,-115.603466&spn=0.012272,0.027552&t=h&z=15&layer=c&cbll=53.60936,-115.603088&panoid=zOdeo7pF6vaIuMOPJxFw5Q&cbp=12,285.46,,1,1.98

3306885.bin

DSC00702a.JPG

( A ) = MacKay, Alberta
( B ) = Nojack Hotel
( C ) = Nojack Campground

images sources:
--> http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/RCMP+search+Nojack+campground+McCann+case/3306867/story.html#ixzz0uNdXjoxP

--> http://www.inews880.com/Channels/Reg/LocalNews/story.aspx?ID=1255460

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members