Identified! NV - Washoe Co., WhtFem 156UFNV, 25-35, Sheep's Flat Trail, Jul'82 - Mary Edith Silvani

I was going through and looking at the case again. It's been one year since I started this thread and I am amazed at how far it's come. We have all spent a good amount of time on this case.

One thing I noticed that sounded odd was on her namus file,

Clothing on body
A blue Buntees Sportswear" t-shirt, size M, with bottom that had been cut away, blue Levi jeans, blue one-piece bathing suit
Clothing with body
Light blue bikini underwear or bathing suit bottom found in front jeans pocket

Why would she bring bathing suit bottoms if she already had a one piece? I'm thinking her one piece was purchased locally that day. Maybe she didn't come to swim and for whatever reason acquired the one piece suit. Knowing what we know, which granted isn't much, why the extra bottoms? Unless they are;

A- her underwear

Or

B- a second set of bottoms she had for some unknown reason.

They only say bikini styled bottoms. What if they were mens bikini bottoms? It would make sense if she was with a European male or a male who spent time in Europe.

It's certainly possible they could have been men's bikini underwear, but they could have also been a change of clothes to wear after swimming. Men can throw on a t-shirt with their swim trunks and look presentable, but a woman wouldn't want to wear a wet swimsuit under her jeans because the entire top of the jeans would get soaked. My guess is she was planning on changing back into the jeans and t-shirt and didn't want to bother with a bra, but she was in the habit of wearing underwear so she tucked those in her pocket to wear later.

I was going through and looking at the case again. It's been one year since I started this thread and I am amazed at how far it's come. We have all spent a good amount of time on this case.

One thing I noticed that sounded odd was on her namus file,

Clothing on body
A blue Buntees Sportswear" t-shirt, size M, with bottom that had been cut away, blue Levi jeans, blue one-piece bathing suit
Clothing with body
Light blue bikini underwear or bathing suit bottom found in front jeans pocket

Why would she bring bathing suit bottoms if she already had a one piece? I'm thinking her one piece was purchased locally that day. Maybe she didn't come to swim and for whatever reason acquired the one piece suit. Knowing what we know, which granted isn't much, why the extra bottoms? Unless they are;

A- her underwear

Or

B- a second set of bottoms she had for some unknown reason.

They only say bikini styled bottoms. What if they were mens bikini bottoms? It would make sense if she was with a European male or a male who spent time in Europe.

I would be very surprised if it was anything other than her underwear.

It sounds to me like she pulled the bathing suit on, then put her clothes on over it to walk to the lake, tucking her underwear in for later so she wouldn't have to walk back with her wet suit chafing her. I've done it myself a number of times. More and more I think the swimming was the lure he used to get her out of the car and back into the woods without her usual stuff. Walked up the trail until there was a break with nobody coming (which happens on even the busiest trail) and killed her then.

The other explanations are possible, of course, but much less likely, in my opinion.

Carl, since the new photos came out, do you think the composite you made should be updated? Or do you think it still accurately captures this Doe?

Carl, since the new photos came out, do you think the composite you made should be updated? Or do you think it still accurately captures this Doe?

After the new photos came out, I did a few revisions (particularly to her teeth and neck) that I never posted here. Here's the most recent version:

66764cdf-ae63-4f05-90dc-53bd6bc02213.jpg

Wow, based off of this, you get the feeling she may have been a little older than the range given.

Her morgue photos strike me as no younger than 30.

Wow, based off of this, you get the feeling she may have been a little older than the range given.

Her morgue photos strike me as no younger than 30.

I was guessing from the photos that she was in her early 30's.

... JMHO.

Do you remember that doe from, I wanna say new Mexico? It was a male wearing a shirt from Fallon and he was found a month after this Doe. Ive been working on a possible connection between the two. Same ages respectively, both described as European. The Nevada connections.

Do you remember that doe from, I wanna say new Mexico? It was a male wearing a shirt from Fallon and he was found a month after this Doe. Ive been working on a possible connection between the two. Same ages respectively, both described as European. The Nevada connections.

This is the guy you are talking about. He was found in Colorado, not New Mexico.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1282umco.html

You're right. There are some interesting similarities.

I've been working trying to see if I can connect some of the US UID's who might be of native ancestry with missing Canadian native women. I ran across Theresa Gregory, missing in June 1982 from Prince Edward Island -- not native, so I was going to dismiss her, but she reminded me of this Jane Doe.

Her Doe profile is here: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2877dfpei.html. Very little information about height etc.

Does anybody think it's worth following up on?

Attachments

• TGregory.jpg
    TGregory.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 33
I submitted it to the coroner. He usually gets back to me the next day. I'll say she does look good.

Just heard back, right now it looks like a negative.

I looked up the physical description of T. Gregory. *The physical
characteristics do not match (height, hair color and eye color). *The
circumstance of her disappearance also really doesn't correlate with our
unidentified female's death.

Thank you,

Rudy Bein

I was reading into this missing woman and LE seem to think her husband killed her and dumped her body near their home.

I wonder if Linda Louellen Reynolds has been looked at.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/reynolds_linda.html

2680345870045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

The height, weight, age, eye-color, hair color, and timeframe are all pretty good.

The geography is a bit of a problem, but she has been known to have "left home before", and she was a groupie who liked to hang out with band members. Perhaps she followed a band to Reno.

No indication that she has ever given birth, or that she has a scar on her abdomen.

It looks like she was discussed as a possible for this case here (but apparently, not submitted).

does anybody think this could be a match? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

why did you not think Linda Reynolds was a match Carl?

according to her Namus profile, she had a c-section:

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/9933/0/

Just heard back, right now it looks like a negative.

I looked up the physical description of T. Gregory. *The physical
characteristics do not match (height, hair color and eye color). *The
circumstance of her disappearance also really doesn't correlate with our
unidentified female's death.

Thank you,

Rudy Bein

I was reading into this missing woman and LE seem to think her husband killed her and dumped her body near their home.

Thanks, and thanks to Mr. Bein. I wish they had the physical characteristics and other info listed on her Doe profile. It would have saved everybody some work :p

given the demographics of the UID and Linda Louellen Reynolds, I submitted the potential match to Rudy Bein this morning.

given the demographics of the UID and Linda Louellen Reynolds, I submitted the potential match to Rudy Bein this morning.

I believe it was previously submitted before I got involved with the case. At least I think remember the detective saying that. From what I can tell they have a good size rule out list at Washoe county. The one on namus is a computer generated rule out list. If you research some of the names on the list, they have zero in common with our doe other than they are missing.

But let's see, we could have easily overlooked one of the easiest matches as it was presented in the first few posts and previously by another member.

why did you not think Linda Reynolds was a match Carl?

according to her Namus profile, she had a c-section:

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/9933/0/

Although she looked quite a bit like the original facial recon, I didn't think she looked like the postmortem photo. Jane Doe's earlobes have more droop, and her overall look is different IMO. Also, I had seen somewhere else (I believe Porchlight) that someone else had already submitted her.

Although she looked quite a bit like the original facial recon, I didn't think she looked like the postmortem photo. Jane Doe's earlobes have more droop, and her overall look is different IMO. Also, I had seen somewhere else (I believe Porchlight) that someone else had already submitted her.

if she is a rule out hopefully they will update the list.

she had everything going for a match - height, weight, time, eye color, hair color and C-section scar. only downside was the distance between GA and NV.

But there was a two month lag time. That could explain distance travelled. Any word yet from Rudy?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back