ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't recall any of her legal advisers doing that - nope.
What I remember is that while Zenaida was cowering, scared for her life, with people phoning death threats based on what Casey said about her, Casey and team were wondering if she would get a guest appearance on the Howard Stern show...

:clap: :clap: :clap: Bravo :goodpost:

I think an important and large part of the ZG lawsuit per Munyon's recent ruling will stem around the idea of whether or not CA was acting as an agent for FCA when she spoke to the media after the July 25 2008 jail interview.

Here is a snip from Judge Munyon's order p. 3 talking about the July 25 jail interview where FCA makes the "that girl down in Kissimmee" statement::

http://www.wesh.com/pdf/30881901/detail.html

"<snip>…..Likewise, whether Cindy Anthony published the statement as an agent of the defendant or without the defendant's express authority is a disputed matter for jury determination. ….<snip>."

Here is what CA said in her deposition about this matter, p. 78, starting line 20:

http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0612/19734572.pdf

Q. I understand. That's what I'm getting at. So when you were talking to Casey in jail there earlier in the day I think you asked her if she had any messages for Zanny. Do you remember that? And she --
A. I remember at some point. Whether or not that was that particular one, I don't know.
Q. So it's fair to say that she was giving you the authority to speak for her by passing along messages and stuff?
A. Correct.

Q. So when -- when you were talking to the media you were talking on your daughter's behalf for the idea --
A. Correct.
Q. -- to try to find Caylee? You're speaking for her; is that right?
A. Correct
(bbm)

so at least in CA's mind, FCA gave her the "authority to speak for her". Now, if FCA either cannot be served and does not show up, or shows up and takes the 5th and does not answer any questions, all they will have is CA saying YES, she was speaking for FCA (but I can see FCA stop invoking the 5th should she be there and just answering this question: was your mother CA acting as your agent when she spoke for you, etc., etc., etc., " with a "no". But, you will then have a liar contradicting a perjurer, IMO, go figure,)

but in any event, I am glad this will be up to a jury to decide. CA will be asked this question and if she answers differently from her above answer in her depo at trial, she can be impeached with her answers during the deposition, but I can see her in her rambling-CA-style going with the "it was my meds" or as during the criminal trial "I can remember now better than 3 years ago", etc., etc., etc., :banghead:

and since FCA is a proven and convicted liar, I think ZG has a good chance with a jury on this portion of the testimony, anyway. I hope ZG is ready for Greene to try to shred her to bits, but I think she will stand strong for that.

IMO, MOO, etc. :moo:

I also wondered if anyone - anyone at all can remember in the early days of this case - if any member of FCA's legal team (at the point I believe it was just Baez) stepped up to the plate in front of the media and said - "The Zenaida Gonzales the LE recently interviewed has absolutely nothing to do with the disappearnce of Caylee Anthony. On behalf of my client I can tell you emphatically that Zenaida Gonzales is not and has never been a nanny to Caylee. Further, FCA was unable to identify her picture in a police lineup recently."

After all, FCA was not claiming a stranger kidnapping - she was specifically targetting one person - her "Nanny".

So much time and money spent on one woman's complete nonsense:banghead:

Nope! Never did. I believe because he (Baez) didn't know what lie he was going to run with until just before trial.
ETA: Annnddd that might be why lawyers were dropping out of that case like flies.

I think an important and large part of the ZG lawsuit per Munyon's recent ruling will stem around the idea of whether or not CA was acting as an agent for FCA when she spoke to the media after the July 25 2008 jail interview.

Here is a snip from Judge Munyon's order p. 3 talking about the July 25 jail interview where FCA makes the "that girl down in Kissimmee" statement::

"<snip>…..Likewise, whether Cindy Anthony published the statement as an agent of the defendant or without the defendant's express authority is a disputed matter for jury determination. ….<snip>."

Here is what CA said in her deposition about this matter, p. 78, starting line 20:

Q. I understand. That's what I'm getting at. So when you were talking to Casey in jail there earlier in the day I think you asked her if she had any messages for Zanny. Do you remember that? And she --
A. I remember at some point. Whether or not that was that particular one, I don't know.
Q. So it's fair to say that she was giving you the authority to speak for her by passing along messages and stuff?
A. Correct.

Q. So when -- when you were talking to the media you were talking on your daughter's behalf for the idea --
A. Correct.
A. Correct
(bbm)

so at least in CA's mind, FCA gave her the "authority to speak for her". Now, if FCA either cannot be served and does not show up, or shows up and takes the 5th and does not answer any questions, all they will have is CA saying YES, she was speaking for FCA (but I can see FCA stop invoking the 5th should she be there and just answering this question: was your mother CA acting as your agent when she spoke for you, etc., etc., etc., " with a "no". But, you will then have a liar contradicting a perjurer, IMO, go figure,)

but in any event, I am glad this will be up to a jury to decide. CA will be asked this question and if she answers differently from her above answer in her depo at trial, she can be impeached with her answers during the deposition, but I can see her in her rambling-CA-style going with the "it was my meds" or as during the criminal trial "I can remember now better than 3 years ago", etc., etc., etc., :banghead:

and since FCA is a proven and convicted liar, I think ZG has a good chance with a jury on this portion of the testimony, anyway. I hope ZG is ready for Greene to try to shred her to bits, but I think she will stand strong for that.

The big thing in Zenaida's favor is, all she has to do is tell the truth and recount events as they happened. Casey has to try and remember which lie she told about what, without getting caught out - or hide behind the 5th like the coward she is..

That's right, though Casey gave a different description and details than this woman, and different actual name (F-G), neither Casey nor her defense team came out and stated that this woman was NOT the person or was not involved in any way as far as I remember. I always found that interesting.

I agree, SO many unanswered questions. A very unfinished case imo.

Yes, as I recall, it seems like this ZCG was "cleared" almost immediately. I don't remember hearing about LE even using the dogs on her car or home (motel room whatever it was at that time), or any investigation, at least nothing ever came out in the course of the case. It looked like ZCG just said she didn't know Casey A, and Casey did not positively identify her as the person, and then we were hearing that she was "cleared". (Very much in keeping with the rest of this case lol.)

Of course back at the beginning of the case we thought LE had video from Sawgrass showing that Casey had never taken Caylee to Sawgrass on that date, because YM had stated that during the questioning of Casey A, it essentially shut down the questioning and it had become a premise of the case... but YM admitted during the trial that there wasn't any such video.

It's weird, Casey and Tony were looking at other apartment complexes for an apartment for Tony, wonder why not that one? You'd think that would have been one of the first complexes she would have taken him to since she was so familiar with it.

You are right, Seagull....many unanswered questions.

The biggest one for me, and what should be the biggest one for FCA supporters/believers is....

Why is she not pressing charges or calling for an investigation into the drowning death of her daughter at the hands of a child molestor?

Pretty telling, IMO.

A. Correct.

A. Correct.
A. Correct
(bbm)

Well IMO :moo: If Morgan shows that original video in court it will be very clear to everyone that Cindy was NOT yet on her "meds"....:floorlaugh:

Well IMO :moo: If Morgan shows that original video in court it will be very clear to everyone that Cindy was NOT yet on her "meds"....:floorlaugh:

Oh, LG, I HOPE they show that video to this upcoming jury, that whole thing sticks in my mind and I can't get rid of that vision of CA in her green sweater with bulging eyes, phew!

I wonder if CA is getting ready for this next "cameo" , whether she still has every typographical error memorized and can still cite chapter and verse of whatever she was rattling off during that depo, I can only bear to read it now, not re-watch it.

If FCA doesn't show for the ZG trial or takes the 5th, the jury will be solely relying on CA's statements that she felt she WAS acting as FCA's agent, therefore, WIN for ZG on that important aspect!! I guess we shall see.

IMO, MOO, etc.

Oh, LG, I HOPE they show that video to this upcoming jury, that whole thing sticks in my mind and I can't get rid of that vision of CA in her green sweater with bulging eyes, phew!

I wonder if CA is getting ready for this next "cameo" , whether she still has every typographical error memorized and can still cite chapter and verse of whatever she was rattling off during that depo, I can only bear to read it now, not re-watch it.

If FCA doesn't show for the ZG trial or takes the 5th, the jury will be solely relying on CA's statements that she felt she WAS acting as FCA's agent, therefore, WIN for ZG on that important aspect!! I guess we shall see.

IMO, MOO, etc.

RBBM, NavySubMom. All these months later, I am still shell shocked by the trial verdict, the deceitfulness of the witnesses (especially Cindy) , the chicanery of the defense team, the absurdity of the jury and the failure of our legal system in this case. So I am not expecting a whole lot more from this trial ~ I am wishing and praying that the truth will prevail but I wouldn't bet my life on it due to our past experience.

I expect Cindy will be the same. Tap dancing and crying her heart out, alternating with volleys of puggish arrogance; I can imagine her claiming to have misunderstood the message or that she didn't have Casey's permission to be her agent for that particular statement.

Since Mason is still representing her, we know the defense team will have the exact same lack of morals. *Insert picture of his famous middle finger here.* So I have no hope that they will conduct themselves ethically in this trial either.

Z's team has certainly hung in there for a long, arduous time and I respect them for their perseverance! If they do win this case for Z, I will be ecstatic for her and think that those that follow (particularly Tim Miller) could reap the advantage of "lessons learned" from M&M's feat.

But, as we have so sorely learned, it all depends on the jury. I pray they will be able to see through Cindy, in particular, and Casey and her team in general.

I'm guessing you mean the media video and not the Depo video?:waitasec: Then wasn't she on some meds and then she wasn't and then she switched meds and could think more clearly or something like that?:floorlaugh:

Ah yes, the pea... I'm sorry... peridot green sweater incident. I've only been to 2 Depos in my life and both were held with a great amount of dignity and calmness-I never knew people could behave in such a deplorable way and get away with it. I think all those notes that were taken; the script I call it, is still being fine tuned as we speak that should last through every single case that's before them, fined tuned after each and every trial-Should last at least 7 years.:banghead: I just hope from now on, nobody gets a free pass to sit in on the entire hearing until they are called to testify, so nobody can take notes again.

I'm guessing you mean the media video and not the Depo video?:waitasec: Then wasn't she on some meds and then she wasn't and then she switched meds and could think more clearly or something like that?:floorlaugh:

Ah yes, the pea... I'm sorry... peridot green sweater incident. I've only been to 2 Depos in my life and both were held with a great amount of dignity and calmness-I never knew people could behave in such a deplorable way and get away with it. I think all those notes that were taken; the script I call it, is still being fine tuned as we speak that should last through every single case that's before them, fined tuned after each and every trial-Should last at least 7 years.:banghead: I just hope from now on, nobody gets a free pass to sit in on the entire hearing until they are called to testify, so nobody can take notes again.

Lol. They keep these stall tactics up and Ma and Pa Kettle...err Anthony I mean... just might be pushing up daisies when their little CEO takes the helm of the familyscam...err business..i mean.

Yes, that's it - the pea - ahhh - peridot sweater incident.....I would do anything at all rather than be forced to rewatfch that video! Unfortunately it has stayed locked in my memory - burnt on just behind my eyeballs and even thinking about it is painful!!

From my perspective - CA can say anything she wants to - and we know she will. But the thing to remember is will the jury believe her? They know FCA is her daughter - they know or should know unless they lived under a rock that FCA escaped a murder conviction by an alignment of whacko cosmic elements or an ususual solar flare...:what: and most people know that relatives often lie in favor of their relatives when testifying in court. I'm willing to take that chance and remain hopeful...no....really I am! Gulp!

You are right, Seagull....many unanswered questions.

The biggest one for me, and what should be the biggest one for FCA supporters/believers is....

Why is she not pressing charges or calling for an investigation into the drowning death of her daughter at the hands of a child molestor?

Pretty telling, IMO.

I've been waiting for that shoe to drop for a long time, to see if she would hold up that insinuation and prove it. Right now we really have no idea if there is something on the horizon with that, seriously doubt it, but if it were me and what was said was truth, that would be the very 1st order of business-It should have been the very 1st order of her business the 1st time it happened to her - that's another anger issue with me re the trial. It was said, but nothing at all came of it where she allowed this to happen by allowing Caylee to be in that supposed enviroment while she was out and about-she wasn't held to task on that either, to protect her daughter-So, to me, it didn't happen.

Lol. They keep these stall tactics up and Ma and Pa Kettle...err Anthony I mean... just might be pushing up daisies when their little CEO takes the helm of the familyscam...err business..i mean.

HA! That money will be long gone and then it'll be back to 'What about me, me, me' and only then she will write a whopper of a tell all book and make about ....oh....(benefit of the doubt) $25.00.

As for CA, she'll have such a bad memory she'll probably chime in with a few I can't remembers and only then will we hear about the meds, and whatever suits her fancy pants that day. I think she and GA will get the brunt of it all with M&M, I really do.:woohoo:

respectuflly snipped...

Someone give me an example of when FCA told the truth about anything - anything at all - anyone? How can her lawyers go into court with an attitude saying indignantly that FCA didn't describe Zenaida? What part of that makes any sense at all?

Well, she did say (paraphrasing) she IS a very good liar!! :rocker:

I want to preface what I have to say by stating that what I'm saying relies more on rumor than fact. Actually, with this disaster, truth really took a hike.

IIRC, IMHO, MOO, etc. I recall that the appeal would be based on the number of counts of lying FCA was convicted of. There was talk that all four charges should have been rolled into one count.

I cannot imagine an Appellate Court overturning the lying charges because Baez told the jury that FCA was a liar and admitted she lied to police and everybody else. He claimed it was a skill she learned due to her "difficult" childhood.

If that is true, then it is obvious that Mason is stalling, stalling, stalling the appeal as far into the future as he can. However, if memory serves me, there is a deadline coming up to file it.

If what I recall is anywhere near the truth (and in this case, it is hard to tell...), I do hope the appeal is settled by Jan. 2013. Then, there could be time to depose FCA and she wouldn't be able to take the 5th. As a convicted liar, regarless of the eventual number of counts, I would hope a jury would see her lies clearly and sway towards ZFG.

It is a fact that civil cases are decided on the preponderance of evidence, not beyond a reasonable doubt.

I guess I am a dreamer for justice somewhere in this case.

I've been waiting for that shoe to drop for a long time, to see if she would hold up that insinuation and prove it. Right now we really have no idea if there is something on the horizon with that, seriously doubt it, but if it were me and what was said was truth, that would be the very 1st order of business-It should have been the very 1st order of her business the 1st time it happened to her - that's another anger issue with me re the trial. It was said, but nothing at all came of it where she allowed this to happen by allowing Caylee to be in that supposed enviroment while she was out and about-she wasn't held to task on that either, to protect her daughter-So, to me, it didn't happen.

I personally believe it WON'T drop (the shoe, that is) because it is all BS. I only hope that if she does file charges, Yuri gets to be the lead investigator. BUT......... if FCA needs money, wouldn't that be an excellent way to get it? New charges, new trial, new publicity, new book that would put her as a "victim"......I can see it now. And come to think of it, she wouldn't even have to file charges to perpetuate this new scam.

And guess, what? A percentage of the population will believe her story. Doesn't matter that she is a convicted liar.

HA! That money will be long gone and then it'll be back to 'What about me, me, me' and only then she will write a whopper of a tell all book and make about ....oh....(benefit of the doubt) $25.00.

As for CA, she'll have such a bad memory she'll probably chime in with a few I can't remembers and only then will we hear about the meds, and whatever suits her fancy pants that day. I think she and GA will get the brunt of it all with M&M, I really do.:woohoo:

I'll tell you that I will explode with laughter if Cindy gets on the stand and puts forth any NEW LIES. I mean think about if it dosen't work one way throw in a new lie cus everyone knows that the Anthony's always tell the truth. Get ready for the :rollercoaster: ride.

I personally believe it WON'T drop (the shoe, that is) because it is all BS. I only hope that if she does file charges, Yuri gets to be the lead investigator. BUT......... if FCA needs money, wouldn't that be an excellent way to get it? New charges, new trial, new publicity, new book that would put her as a "victim"......I can see it now. And come to think of it, she wouldn't even have to file charges to perpetuate this new scam.

And guess, what? A percentage of the population will believe her story. Doesn't matter that she is a convicted liar.

Of course it's BS, but You never know what may or may not happen with this one, kwim? Maybe she has to cool her heels until she's off probation, but...oh who knows...unless something could possibly be proven beyond any doubt so late in the game, it's a big waste of time, but to her...well, put it this way, people have said her parents always walked on egg shells around her, make her angry and she might just pull that trick and wind up with some money that will then be taken away, so... everybody loses in the end anyway.

I'll tell you that I will explode with laughter if Cindy gets on the stand and puts forth any NEW LIES. I mean think about if it dosen't work one way throw in a new lie cus everyone knows that the Anthony's always tell the truth. Get ready for the :rollercoaster: ride.

Stockpiling the Dramamine as we speak:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member