Today, 05:58 PM
Indy Gal
user_online.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_1906254", true);
GO PACKS!

Great timeline!

http://www.charlotte.com/204/story/443403.html

Thanks chico!

I'm trying to rewatch the presser...but I'm having a hard time hearing all of it thru the computer speakers.

I'll keep yall updated with what I can transcribe.

Thanks ipswitch !

I am trying to wait patiently til Geraldo or NG comes on tv tonight. What I can't believe is that no one has sighted Laurean yet . Where can he be ? Is anyone sure that he is originally from Mexico ? Or could he have taken a quick plane early yesterday morning to another latinamerican country ? Or perhaps he went in the opposite direction, to Canada ? :confused:

I just hope that they catch that coward. :furious:

You know, after reading the timeline, something I had a lightbulb moment.

If it was a military protection order, it's entirely possible that Cpl * did have Maria's SS#. Whenever a military doc is filled out, the SS# is on it. They are *supposed* to black it out, but it doesn't always happen. (Trust me, I've seen it happen many times)

Now, if Maria was like a lot of "green" marines, and used the last 4 of the social as her pin, and was using the navy credit union, (which IIRC was the place the card was used after she disappeared) then if Cpl knew the last 4 of the social, and figured out that it was her pin.

Just thinking off the top of my head...I hope it makes sense

*(I'm sorry, but that's what I keep calling him in my head)

For months after a pregnant 20-year-old Marine accused a colleague of rape, her family says, she continued to work alongside her attacker and endured harassment at Camp Lejeune.
In the weeks after she disappeared, they believe, the sheriff's department was slow to act.
As authorities recovered Maria Lauterbach's remains Saturday from a fire pit where they suspect Marine Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean burned and buried her body, her family asked why authorities didn't treat her case with greater urgency.
Naval investigators on Saturday said the pair had been separated on the job, a rape case was progressing and Laurean was under a protective order to stay away from Lauterbach. And Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown insisted his department acted as best they could on the facts available.
"As soon as it went suspicious, we contacted the media and asked for help," Brown said. "The case did not produce enough evidence, other than she was just missing."

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jLAxQfkotgyOSgs3LXmXYW6hy6PgD8U4L8JG0

You know, after reading the timeline, something I had a lightbulb moment.

If it was a military protection order, it's entirely possible that Cpl * did have Maria's SS#. Whenever a military doc is filled out, the SS# is on it. They are *supposed* to black it out, but it doesn't always happen. (Trust me, I've seen it happen many times)

Now, if Maria was like a lot of "green" marines, and used the last 4 of the social as her pin, and was using the navy credit union, (which IIRC was the place the card was used after she disappeared) then if Cpl knew the last 4 of the social, and figured out that it was her pin.

Just thinking off the top of my head...I hope it makes sense

*(I'm sorry, but that's what I keep calling him in my head)

Agreed, most definately in civilian and military documents socials are exchanged. Another thought just popped in my head, darn it. I also believe females are great at figuring out pin numbers, etc... Girls do that kind of thing, ya know?

For months after a pregnant 20-year-old Marine accused a colleague of rape, her family says, she continued to work alongside her attacker and endured harassment at Camp Lejeune.
In the weeks after she disappeared, they believe, the sheriff's department was slow to act.
As authorities recovered Maria Lauterbach's remains Saturday from a fire pit where they suspect Marine Cpl. Cesar Armando Laurean burned and buried her body, her family asked why authorities didn't treat her case with greater urgency.
Naval investigators on Saturday said the pair had been separated on the job, a rape case was progressing and Laurean was under a protective order to stay away from Lauterbach. And Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown insisted his department acted as best they could on the facts available.
"As soon as it went suspicious, we contacted the media and asked for help," Brown said. "The case did not produce enough evidence, other than she was just missing."

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jLAxQfkotgyOSgs3LXmXYW6hy6PgD8U4L8JG0

That's correct sheriff brown, because the one or ones that had the evidence was L and Christine, that's why it wasn't going anywhere fast. Might explain why all of a sudden L left town, a getaway alibi cnfession of suicide and christine's call came about to begin with and only then. The media picked up on it. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm no one was tellin prior to.

Thanks Indy Gal for timeline, I like to print it out so I can go over everything throughly. I think I've become obsessed by this case.

ipswitch, I love the name Cpl. , it certainly suits him, I'm going to use it!

I copied this from the last thread...I posted it right before the new thread was started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDB
More then likely to remove any doubtthat Maria either delivered the baby or Someone cut the baby out. He want everyone to know the baby was with Mom.

I'm catching up on reading this afternoon's posts, so please forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

I think that if the baby was inside the mother's womb when the body was set on fire it would have been one of the last parts to burn. Sheriff said that the baby's tiny fist was burnt off of the rest of the body. How would that be possible if the baby's entire body was inside the womb full of amniotic fluid and placenta?

Makes me wonder if the baby may have been delivered and placed in the pit under the mom's tummy area so as to make it appear to have been in utero when the body was burned.

Also, I believe that if the mom was beaten or placed under intense stress, the baby may have been delivered prematurely as a result.

Sorry for the graphic description, don't know how else to describe it.

What do you all think? Any OB nurses here?

Susan

I think the baby had not been born yet, but dont know for sure.

ETA Off to bed night yall!!

Thanks ipswitch !

I am trying to wait patiently til Geraldo or NG comes on tv tonight. What I can't believe is that no one has sighted Laurean yet . Where can he be ? Is anyone sure that he is originally from Mexico ? Or could he have taken a quick plane early yesterday morning to another latinamerican country ? Or perhaps he went in the opposite direction, to Canada ? :confused:

You know, I thought maybe he went in a different direction than LE would assume. He was last from Nevada (where his parents are), but that's a long trip and one of the first places LE would look. Mexico is also where they'd be looking. So maybe Florida and then down to one of the islands? I think he'd try to go somewhere he'd blend in easily.

Makes me wonder if the baby may have been delivered and placed in the pit under the mom's tummy area so as to make it appear to have been in utero when the body was burned.

Also, I believe that if the mom was beaten or placed under intense stress, the baby may have been delivered prematurely as a result.

Sorry for the graphic description, don't know how else to describe it.

What do you all think? Any OB nurses here?

Susan

I recall the Sheriff saying "the fetus was found near the abdomen" (or something to that extent), therefore I think your theory could be true.... since he didn't say "in the abdomen"

Thanks ipswitch !

Hi everyone,

Just a thought here, we don't know for sure Laurean is still alive. If his
wife was in on the first murder (which seems highly likely) what's to say she didn't off him. If he's never found it'll be much easier for her to escape prosecution, she'd have no one to testify against her. And if she's sick enough to have been in on the first murder she's surely evil enough to get rid of hubby (course sounds like hubby isn't a prize to begin with).

I understand that the Sheriff said that charges could not be filed for the baby's death at this time, but if it was later found that the baby was born alive, then burned, capital murder charges would apply for the baby.

To me, this sounds like a sufficient motive for the killer to try to make it appear that the baby had died before birth.

I just don't think that the fire would burn in such a precise manner that all of the flesh around the baby's fist would burn away, leaving tiny fingers exposed in the shape of the fist. That would be like expecting that one would be able to identify each internal organ seperately, instead of a charred mass of flesh all fused together. I would never expect, for instance to find body which someone tried to creamate and be able to see the heart or lungs sticking out, still in the shape that they were in before.

Susan

Is it weird at all that the morning/night before she was to be bringing evidence to LE she logged on to her myspace ... and take a look at her mood. "Argumentative" Now her mood could have been that for weeks...but its strange that she logged on with in at least a 12 hr period of her world crashing down...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=79006569

I think we were pretty certain that this is the wife, right?

Hi everyone,

Just a thought here, we don't know for sure Laurean is still alive. If his
wife was in on the first murder (which seems highly likely) what's to say she didn't off him. If he's never found it'll be much easier for her to escape prosecution, she'd have no one to testify against her. And if she's sick enough to have been in on the first murder she's surely evil enough to get rid of hubby (course sounds like hubby isn't a prize to begin with).
:eek:
Which leads me to wonder when he was last seen or heard from by someone other than her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth