SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_1d576166-6a6f-11e3-bcda-0019bb30f31a.html

Ok, this article does actually say she was last seen at the White River address. I know we were wondering earlier if she was last seen there or if her cell phone pinged there. Yet again I'm wondering if this is her address or her parents.

This article also states

Which puts us back on Tuesday morning around the time of the crash/shooting instead of Wednesday. I wish we had a clear answer as to when she was last seen.

The White River address is where she and her roomate live? In other words where her date dropped her off? The 3:00AM call was after her date left, and to her roommate, dishing about the night.

Would Heather leave in the middle of the night to run to the store? Would the date have returned after he left? Was someone inside that home when she returned, and after she finished her conversation ...

So many scenarios run through my mind.

Heather's roomate, according to her tweets, is home visiting family in another state. She was far away when Heather disappeared.

Speaking of missing info, nosysw. I'm having difficulty locating the WNCT TV Heather Elvis missing article from 12/24/2013 on their facebook page; Reward increased to $11,000 as search continues for Myrtle Beach woman
Posted: Dec 23, 2013 6:00 PM EST
Updated: Dec 24, 2013 7:02 PM EST
By WBTW News Staffhttp://www.wnct.com/story/24292418/11000-reward-offered-for-missing-myrtle-beach-woman

But I did find this: Join us for a busy A block starting at 5:00! Unfortunately there's no lull in crime at Christmas. For more on these stories, visit our website at http://www.wnct.com/
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...7994266759.168639.133877811759&type=1&theater

Foxfire, is this the article you're referring to? I found it on (what I believe is) the family facebook page http://facebook.com/findheatherelvis

Here's the link:

Reward increased to $11,000 as search continues for Myrtle Beach woman

There is also a video, embedded within the article. You can watch it here:
Video on Heather Elvis

The story was written on 12/23 and updated on 12/24. I hope you're able to find what you're looking for, and share your (much valued, IMO) insight....

I hope this helps! :please:

#FindHeatherElvis
#FindHeather

We need a "known facts" post. We can correct and add-to as more becomes known, also makes it easier on posters who are coming in late.

Merry Christmas JG!!!

The discrepancy is not bothering me. These guys are hiding out somewhere, looking for a way to get out of the area. So I have not discounted a chance encounter with Heather.

But if they needed wheels and that was their primary motivation, why ditch her car in the same area they are being sought in? Wouldn't they try to get as far away as they could then ditch the car?

Whooah, blown margins. Mods, please fix.

HI Knox, my friend! Hope you and yours are enjoying the holidays.

I'm not discounting the time discrepancy either. Those guys escaped on foot. It would make sense that they hide out in the woods during Tuesday and come out early morning Wed. to case the neighborhood and look for transportation.

The car being left at the boat landing makes me think that whoever took Heather is a local to the area and that there are possibly 2 perps. Moo.

wm

HEATHER RACHEL ELVIS
Reported missing 12/19/2013

PERSONAL
BIRTHDATE: June 29, 1993 (20 yo)
HAIR: Brown
EYE COLOR: Brown
HEIGHT: 5' 1"
WEIGHT: 118 lbs
DISTINGUISHING MARKS: Compass pointer style tattoo on L forearm
- Permanent or henna?

FAMILY
FATHER: Terry Elvis
SISTER: Morgan R. Elvis (younger)
COUSIN: Courtney Elvis

ROOMMATE: Bri W.
- Out of town at time of disappearance

FAMILY Residence: Socastee, SC
HER Residence: ??

EDUCATION / WORK
Education: Ashworth College // HGTC
Work: Tilted Kilt Pub (verified correct) // House of Blues (maybe incorrect)
- About to start job as makeup artist in hair salon

MISSING
Missing on or about Tuesday night, 12/17/2013
- Suspected between 12:00pm and 6:00am Wed morning
- Went by parents' house to pick up mail Tuesday afternoon
Last known location: 541 White River Drive (just off River Oaks Drive)
Last contact: Phone call around 3:00am Wednesday 12/18/2013
- Phone turned off or battery dead since then
Car found abandoned in 6600 block of Peachtree Road
- Found at Peachtree Landing (6699 State Road S-26-611, Socastee, SC, 29588) on 12/19/2013 at night
- 2001 Dodge Intrepid; Dark green w/ gray steering wheel

INCIDENTALS
Has large sunglasses with half smoked glass
Doesn't wear heavy makeup
Likes tattoos
- Compass pointer style tattoo on left forearm
Cell phone in pink case (2012)
Keychain has a large red plastic heart & store discount tag

I'm quite sure they've already been searched thoroughly but those "Peachtree" woods sure draw my attention. If I lived near there, I would certainly be spending my time scouring that area.

CharlieJ, that rundown of info is fantastic! I'm trying to catch up and jump in. That was super helpful.

Her last known contact was a 3am call to her roommate correct? Can anyone tell me what time her car was found at the landing? I'm missing that in the shuffle somewhere.

ETA: the answer is "at night" on 12/19. I skipped over that above.

I am bringing Margarita25's post from earlier, which includes a map, with the Tilted Kilt, and other locations labeled (it's Google Earth, not a GoogleMap).

Here's the earlier GoogleEarth map:

Margartia25 GoogleEarth Map

This was from page #5 of this thread, and can be found here:

Thread: SC SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 View Single Post #123

If another WSer has a working map of all of the Points of Interest, by all means, please post it.

I'm just wanting to have a visual (i.e. photobucket) available for quick reference on the thread, especially for those who are mobile, and unable to make every link work from their devices.

I am trying to figure out how to combine all of the locations together.

Thank you Margarita25 for all the work you've done on these maps!
:yourock:

CharlieJ,

Thank you for posting the "Known Facts" and Knox, for suggesting the idea. It is truly helpful for those who are new to the thread, playing catch up, if they are unable to remain online as much as they'd like, and well, just about for any and everyone.

Teamwork, that's the Websleuth's way! Nice work! :drumroll:

:yourock:

Could the phone call at 3 am been from somewhere else or perhaps while she was driving somewhere. She could have just went home to pick up some things and just went right back to where she was. I am new to this form so forgive if the way I type isn't up to the standards of this board to.

J

CharlieJ, that rundown of info is fantastic! I'm trying to catch up and jump in. That was super helpful. ...

CharlieJ,
Thank you for posting the "Known Facts" and Knox, for suggesting the idea. It is truly helpful for those who are new to the thread, playing catch up, if they are unable to remain online as much as they'd like, and well, just about for any and everyone.

Teamwork, that's the Websleuth's way! Nice work! :drumroll:

Kaliste & kimi_SFC, my pleasure. I hope everyone finds the list useful. Maybe an admin or mod can make it a sticky to which we can add known facts as they are verified.

HI Knox, my friend! Hope you and yours are enjoying the holidays.

I'm not discounting the time discrepancy either. Those guys escaped on foot. It would make sense that they hide out in the woods during Tuesday and come out early morning Wed. to case the neighborhood and look for transportation.

The car being left at the boat landing makes me think that whoever took Heather is a local to the area and that there are possibly 2 perps. Moo.

wm

Merry belated Christmas WM, glad to see you posting in this thread
icon7.gif

It looks like there are woods directly behind the condo's (see link below). Not so far fetched to think the two men in question could be hiding out, waiting for an opportunistic moment. But it still doesn't make sense that the car was left. What would they have accomplished by abducting Heather and abandoning her car? They would still be in the hot zone, with LE searching for them.

http://goo.gl/maps/1IBzz

Maybe a local would know, are there visible security camera's at the complex? Don't see any security gates.

SPECULATION: From my research, the White River Drive address is a set of condos. Guessing that is her own address - a condo. Possibly explains why she went by her parents' house Tuesday to retrieve mail.
There is another address she used from 2010 when she answered a traffic ticket in court. Is that her parents address?

MODS .... this is the address not sure if I could post it .....it is published on a public website.. 105 Sly Fox Trail, Myrtle Beach SC
http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Hor...&CourtAgency=26101&Casenum=68504FA&CaseType=T

Monica Caison, director of CUE, said the search will likely change Friday to include more ground.

Kegler said there was no sign that she was in the water, even though her vehicle was a the boat landing.

Horry County, Myrtle Beach and state authorities have participated in the search with helicopters, boats and feet on the ground.

Caison said the search has been constant and some volunteers spent Christmas looking for Elvis.
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/12/26/3924426/volunteers-police-continue-search.html
Glad to hear the search is expanding, I was afraid they were spending too much time in the water.

Ughh, something wrong with my internet today. Sooooo very slow, sorry if I am out of sync everyone else posts.
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...ers-police-continue-search.html#storylink=cpy

I see you down there JustPeachy. Scanner thread downstairs?

I would like to know what Heather's roommate thinks, if she suspects anyone who Heather knows. Like an ex or someone that she knows from work or a creepy neighbor.
I wonder if her friends think that she would leave the house at 3am to go out again.

Merry belated Christmas WM, glad to see you posting in this thread
icon7.gif

It looks like there are woods directly behind the condo's (see link below). Not so far fetched to think the two men in question could be hiding out, waiting for an opportunistic moment. But it still doesn't make sense that the car was left. What would they have accomplished by abducting Heather and abandoning her car? They would still be in the hot zone, with LE searching for them.

http://goo.gl/maps/1IBzz

Maybe a local would know, are there visible security camera's at the complex? Don't see any security gates.

I've added the address to the googlemap. It's location F on this image:

[URL=http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/kimi_SFC/media/397e5397-7d37-40f8-a450-d4dbd8b5d12f_zps839514a9.png.html][/URL]

I will need more time, and a PC (not a chromebook) to tag the locations, as they are on the GoogleEarth map Margarita25 created upthread....

ETA: this image has been resized in half, in an effort to fall within the visible margins of all WS user screens. I'll be honest, it's tiny on my already small screen, barely takes up half the width, and makes it hard to see the map points at 512 pixel width. I'll keep at it....

could the phone call at 3 am been from somewhere else or perhaps while she was driving somewhere. She could have just went home to pick up some things and just went right back to where she was. I am new to this form so forgive if the way i type isn't up to the standards of this board to.

J

welcome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members