Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't they check the tire print to the type of tires the boys in the pickup have?

http://newsok.com/for-slain-weleetka-girls-kin-pain-keeps-coming/article/3256335/?tm=1213280045

(snips and alot of info at the above link)
Rose Whitaker took one look at the man waving at her in the road Sunday and knew something was terribly wrong.

"They're gone,” the man said when she pulled up alongside him. "They're both gone. The girls are dead.” Whitaker's daughter, Skyla Jade, 11, and Skyla's best friend, Taylor Dawn Paschal-Placker, 13, lay lifeless in a nearby ditch. Each had been shot multiple times in the chest and head.

In a news conference Wednesday, Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agent Ben Rosser said investigators are trying to find children who talked to the girls often and knew their habits. "We're talking to young people because the victims were young,” Rosser said. "We've got leads, and we're talking to their friends, but a lot of people are harder to find than others.”

"They said there was a high-powered weapon and a low-powered weapon,” Jimmy Farrow said. "One of the TV stations showed shell casings piled up in the road where it happened.”

Investigators think killers were familiar with area
Officials think the slayings may have been committed by people from the local area or who are familiar with the rural Okfuskee County roads.
"That's my gut feeling,” Rosser said. "It's an isolated area. We don't know if this is some kind of random thrill killing or an attempted abduction or a case of mistaken identity. It's possible they may have interrupted something at the bridge.”

ETA: I find the above bolded quote interesting.

Not to mention the fact, that if the drug runners were outsiders, the girls wouldn't have recognized them anyway. Why kill them when you can just deny it? Young kids on a rural road at dusk?

I hope I'm replying with the quote correctly! XcomSquaddie makes a very good point. If it was an outsider, why kill the girls becasue the girls reconzing them is slim to none. I'm banking that it is a local. Someone that the girls might even know and would definitely be able to identify.

I'm thinking it's someone the girls knew and maybe possibly threatened to tell on them and they freaked.

Not to mention the fact, that if the drug runners were outsiders, the girls wouldn't have recognized them anyway. Why kill them when you can just deny it? Young kids on a rural road at dusk?

I hope I'm replying with the quote correctly! XcomSquaddie makes a very good point. If it was an outsider, why kill the girls because the girls recognizing them is slim to none. I'm banking that it is a local. Someone that the girls might even know and would definitely be able to identify.

I definitely think it is two locals up to no good.

If the shell casings were found in the road then I think they approached them in their vehicle and the girls doing like most do, moved off to the side of the road when a vehicle passes, which LE is calling the ditch and when they got very close to them one most likely fired by putting the weapon out the open window and the other one may have stepped out of the vehicle and fired. Both would still be shot at close range.

It will be interesting to know if the frontal shots were done at an angle showing the direction where the shots were fired from. I think once murdering these poor girls they swung their vehicle around and headed the opposite way from where they had come from. Within minutes imo, they were back home as nothing had ever happened.

imo

I think they are two locals (at least shooters) that have already been to jail/prison and don't want to go back.

I'm thinking it's someone the girls knew and maybe possibly threatened to tell on them and they freaked.

That's the theory my young guy friend has, too. He thinks that the killers are boys in their classes that got sucked into an adolescent mob mentality.

How confusing and so many questions. I could these whole thing happening more easily if it were near dark or dusk. But it wasn't. It was almost right at 5pm. It doesn't get dark at my house til near 9. So many questions and no answers. It takes somebody real freaking cold hearted to say the least to kill someone, let alone, shoot young girls in the face.

I definitely think it is two locals up to no good.

Don't forget, there were likely two shooters. Could have been others there who just watched.

Hell, all they said was that two guns were used. There could have been other shooters too. Not likely, but possible.

The more people involved the better, because someone WILL screw up and talk or get guilty. Plus, once the heat comes down, everyone will start rolling over and pointing fingers.

I hope I'm replying with the quote correctly! XcomSquaddie makes a very good point. If it was an outsider, why kill the girls because the girls recognizing them is slim to none. I'm banking that it is a local. Someone that the girls might even know and would definitely be able to identify.

I agree......an outsider doing this is just not logical. They are locals, imo.

This tragic case seems to be someone hell bent and determined to use two precious innocent children as target practice.

I hope and pray they can find the monsters who did this. My heart just breaks for Taylor and Skyla's families and for that community too. They hadn't even had a murder, much less double homicide, since in the 80s. They all have to be shattered knowing this happened there. Those two children had every right to walk the country road around Taylor's home without feeling uneasy or alarmed.

imoo

Don't forget, there were likely two shooters. Could have been others there who just watched.

Hell, all they said was that two guns were used. There could have been other shooters too. Not likely, but possible.

The more people involved the better, because someone WILL screw up and talk or get guilty. Plus, once the heat comes down, everyone will start rolling over and pointing fingers.

I think you are right Xcom.

There may have been an observer or observers. I hope they feel the pressure and start singing like a canary to someone.

imoo

The only thing that sticks out about the "locals" theory is that they were shot in the head and chest. That sounds like a cartel-style execution to me.

Does anyone know when the local schools had let out of school and graduation (high school) had occurred?

I wonder if there was a graduation party in the area.

How confusing and so many questions. I could these whole thing happening more easily if it were near dark or dusk. But it wasn't. It was almost right at 5pm. It doesn't get dark at my house til near 9. So many questions and no answers. It takes somebody real freaking cold hearted to say the least to kill someone, let alone, shoot young girls in the face.

The fact that this happened in broad daylight makes this crime particularly brutal for me.

I think that who ever did this was up to no good and the girls may have seen something or someone they could identify. Maybe even the car plates if not the individuals. I think that is what prompted this..the perps where up to something and knew the girls saw something and could ID them.

From a long interview with Taylor's uncle:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080612_11_A1_hOSBIs543824

"We all understand that there's only certain information they can release and it's best to release it all at once," he said. "They're doing a good job, and we appreciate that. I'm surprised there hasn't been an arrest yet, but there will be. It might take a little bit but whoever it was, will be caught.

"It's just a really sad thing that this happened and they'll pay their dues; they will pay their dues. Everybody asks if I want to hurt these people. No, I don't want to hurt these people. The people in prison will hurt these people. When these people are caught and they go to prison, that's the end of it. They will pay their dues in prison."

I sure hope he's right.

Thinking for a minute:

The favorite theory is that the two girls stumbled onto a "crime" and were killed to silence them. The favorite theory continues that the crime was a drug deal of some sort.

So in a drug deal, you've got a buyer and a seller. Both are unlikely to come alone and at least one, probably both will have a companion for protection. So now you have two groups of 1-2 people each, maybe three or four each. Speculating, say 3-6 people total.

That seems like a lot of people for this length of silence, if you know what I mean.

It was unlikely to be a murder, cause there was no other body. If the victim wasn't killed, say in a rape or assault, then that witness/victim and the perpetrators are still around. Again 3 people minimum.

Another theory is a potential abduction attempt. This seems to have more validity. No other witnesses/victims, only the two girls and two (minimum) perpetrators.

Note: I'm confident to theorize on two shooters because the police mentioned footprint evidence along with the evidence of two weapons.

So the girls were targeted for abduction, possibly sexual assault, and ran. The rest we know.

Locals vs Outsiders. I'm betting LE has some more evidence than they are making public. There may be more solid evidence, other than the remote location, that the perpetrators were local.

Just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member