TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there were 2 men maybe they held a gun to brothers head and said you come near us she is dead! Just a thought but then again they wouldnt leave someone to identify them.

but i think it was just the one and maybe he was in the house.

Good thought but I believe that the brother simply saw her walking with the guy wearing camo and he thought it was an innocent situation. I don't think the brother has any knowledge of what went down that morning. He is probably beating himself up that he didn't go outside.

Although my initial theory is not a popular one, I'm sticking to it.

I still think this was a home invasion gone bad. I think that 2 guys came to break into the house to rob it and Holly walked outside to get into her car. Taken by surprise and the fact that he could be identified, I believe that he abducted her and "walked" her into the wooded area to get into the vehicle that the other guy was driving as their getaway car. I believe it was that simple.

JMO

If it were a home invasion....why wouldn't they just drag her into the house?Along with everyone already in it?
Why walk her alone into woods?
No, this is definately either a jealous woman or a jealous man..
Never ALWAYS blame a man....women have been known to do this type of thing dealing with jealousy.

I don't think it was a home invasion. At least around here, HI's are done by more than one person... they dont lurk ouside the home and snatch people. Its a group that burst in (and usually at night but not always). And a burglar/home invader probably would not wear a full camo outfit as opposed to non descript clothing and maybe a hood or mask. Like we had the big Ninja home invasion here in FLorida a year or two back. They all wore black, burst into a house with guns and killed the parents on the spot. If this was a HI, having a hostage (Holly) would make it easier to get into the house.

They certainly are not releasing much information except for the one bit about the lunchbox. I dunno but even if the perp is monitoring communications I would imagine he would have ran out of batteries by now?

I think the lunchbox thing is that the perps simply threw it out the window en route to another state because they didn't want to risk being stopped for anything and having any evidence that related to Holly just lying there in the car. Thus the US Marshal being brought in and the info stated yesterday that other states are cooperating in the investigation.

I say the perps are long gone.

LE must have reason to believe that Holly is in the woods.

brother saw her being led into the woods by a camo dressed person.
May/may not be a man.

brother is how old?
Where is the actual 911 call?

does anyone have a map of the area?

I feel it is a person close by...
a former boyfriend she broke up with.

who else would be so bold?

How about a stranger...... IMO, this was a Crime of Oppartunity. (sorry, I can't spell)

If it were a home invasion....why wouldn't they just drag her into the house?Along with everyone already in it?
Never ALWAYS blame a man....women have been known to do this type of thing dealing with jealousy.

They didn't drag her into the house because he would have been walking into a situation unknown...maybe she told them her brother was there...who knows...He walked her into the woods because the car was waiting in a specific spot for a get away. The car was waiting regardless if Holly were with him or not. It was waiting in the event that someone was at the house and the perp had to leave suddenly. The location was agreed upon and had been staked out beforehand. They were communicating via cell phones so the driver could either pick him up and leave quickly, or drive around to the house for the robbery.

JMO

They didn't drag her into the house because he would have been walking into a situation unknown...maybe she told them her brother was there...who knows...He walked her into the woods because the car was waiting in a specific spot for a get away. The car was waiting regardless if Holly were with him or not. It was waiting in the event that someone was at the house and the perp had to leave suddenly. The location was agreed upon and had been staked out beforehand. They were communicating via cell phones so the driver could either pick him up and leave quickly, or drive around to the house for the robbery.

JMO

I agree; I never thought there may be two people involved in this.

I don't find it strange at all. Why does anyone do anything? No one can answer that. They explained it earlier. He looked out the window and saw what he saw. I look out my window and see different things all the time. True, if I saw someone leading someone else into the woods I might be suspect, but they lived in a rural area and apparently her BF wore camoflauge a lot. His first thought (as would mine be) would be that they were walking together. That would come to mind much quicker to me than thinking that someone was being abducted by a stranger. That just doesn't register unless you see the person being dragged kicking and screaming into a car or something. To me, there is no problem at all with this statement. AND, LE has cleared him. So, its a moot point to continue to blame this young man who most likely will live with this guilt for the rest of his life.

I agree and thank you for reminding us all not to twist ourselves into knots looking for motive or lies in normal behavior. I also live in a fairly rural area and if I saw my daughter walk into the woods on our place, I probably wouldn't think twice at first either. And cammo? Heavens, it's as common as blue jeans here.

not sure they would send 1000 people into the woods if there was armed gunman on the loose? think there must be lots more info we are not getting in this puzzle :/

LOL i agree but it seems many of these searchers are armed as well. I totally agree this is a HUGE puzzle and it gets bigger by the hour!

I think the lunchbox thing is that the perps simply threw it out the window en route to another state because they didn't want to risk being stopped for anything and having any evidence that related to Holly just lying there in the car. Thus the US Marshal being brought in and the info stated yesterday that other states are cooperating in the investigation.

I say the perps are long gone.

I do think they threw it out of the car window although it could be Holly or the suspect. In the Denise Amber Lee case we had here, DAL left clues for LE to follow. While ultimately she was killed because the cops and 911 blew everything, the clues allowed her kidnapper to be captured, tried, and convicted.

If the suspect was local, and someone that had some knowledge of Holly... where would he go after he grabbed her? I think in a lot of cases they just go home. Its familiar. And going home would be less suspicious in a small town than just disappearing. It woudln't take an Einstein to figure out in a town of 2500 people that it was odd that when Holly went missing, Fred the bag boy also disappeared. So the suspect may not have gone that far. 8 miles from the house is not far in a car and does not, to me at least, imply that he was making a bee line for the state border. Now if they found the lunch box by an interstate on ramp that would be different. As I recall in the Anne Pressly murder, some of her belongings were found in the trash in a park on the road to the highway that lead from where Anne lived to where the killer lived. So he dumped it on his way home.

Maybe the perp(s) were planning on ransacking the house and Holly just happened to walk by, so they decided to take her.

Look at the Channon Christian & Chris Newsom case, The perps in that case originally just wanted Channon's car but then they decided to kidnapped C & C.

That was a random crime and I think this one was too.

Sorry if this has already been answered, but what abductor allows his victim to carry a lunch box for 8 miles, ater he abducts her?

Possibly it was dragged by an animal? Or, if he shoved her onto an ATV, perhaps it fell off later.

AZJ asks on the BHBHS facebook about what the dogs have found. The answer is that they are not aware of search dogs being used. ? Wonder why.

May/may not be a man.

brother is how old?

Brother is 24 hes not a child
the 911 calls are not being released

go to google earth and enter swan johnson road darden tenn their home is out in the middle of no where with this big lake or retention pond next to it.

She has a bf hes cleared there is a rumor that there is an ex with a RO against him but that is rumor.

And the last q who would be so bold we might get a surprise?
that my dear is the million dollar question!!!!

I don't think it was a home invasion. At least around here, HI's are done by more than one person... they dont lurk ouside the home and snatch people. Its a group that burst in (and usually at night but not always). And a burglar/home invader probably would not wear a full camo outfit as opposed to non descript clothing and maybe a hood or mask. Like we had the big Ninja home invasion here in FLorida a year or two back. They all wore black, burst into a house with guns and killed the parents on the spot. If this was a HI, having a hostage (Holly) would make it easier to get into the house.

I don't think he acted alone; there was a driver waiting for the call to pull the car around to the house. They were wearing camo because they would not look suspicious in camo. Anyone passing by or seeing someone walk outside in camo would never think a thing. Camo here is very nondescript. The schools are full of kids wearing camo everyday. Ninjas here would be extremely odd and flambouyant!

I think they may have had more than one house staked out. If they couldn't have robbed the Bobo's house, then they had another one or two to check out. Or they may have planned to rob a few, along with the Bobo's. Holly surprised him and saw him face-on and he had to take her to keep her from identifying him. In rural West TN, it is not common for someone you don't know to come up onto your property for just no reason. Maybe he even had been in prison before and knew that he didn't want to go back there. That was enough to keep him from risking that she could ID him. Or perhaps he just took her because the opportunity was there.

JMO

AZJ asks on the BHBHS facebook about what the dogs have found. The answer is that they are not aware of search dogs being used. ? Wonder why.

I think they were! Mark furman was called in and asked about that. he said it was strange the dogs didnt hit on her path to the woods....

I think the only thing we know for sure in this case is that Holly BoBo is missing!

Possibly it was dragged by an animal? Or, if he shoved her onto an ATV, perhaps it fell off later.

If the perp used an ATV, Holly would have been found long before now.

I believe the Lunchbox was intentionally left where someone could find it.

and I think it was the perp(s) who threw it out.

May/may not be a man.

brother is how old?

I think the person in camo was described as a man because of the size.

Brother is 24 or 25.

Actual 911 call has not been released.

There are maps of this area all over the previous threads.

Serial killers are one example of those who are "so bold." A person who has stalked her and wants her for himself would be another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member