**Verdict watch weekend discussion thread** 3/3-4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone recall if JY testified as to when he found out his FIL wasn't coming? or when he called his mom's house to say he was coming there?

tia
fran

PS....JusttheFax; was that email entered into evidence? Wonder if JY knows that Raven is waiting trial? tia,fran

I apologize if this has been said before but when JY found out is wife was did, did he rush to get his daughter to make sure she was all right and safe, and stay with her because of the trauma she had been through with her beloved mother now dead? I feel I know the answer but would like confirmation.

Hospital intake should have testified regarding the type of patients admitted to hospital that day, not a friend of the witness's wife that works at a hospital.

I don't remember the details of the accident...but would the person necessarily have even been taken to Shelley's hospital?

I don't remember the details of the accident...but would the person necessarily have even been taken to Shelley's hospital?

We don't even know where the accident occurred.

Does anyone recall if JY testified as to when he found out his FIL wasn't coming? or when he called his mom's house to say he was coming there?

tia
fran

PS....JusttheFax; was that email entered into evidence? Wonder if JY knows that Raven is waiting trial? tia,fran

A defense witness friend of Jason testified that he confirmed with Jason at noon on Nov 2 (that was my understanding of the dates) that Jason's FIL was not visiting. The friend was planning on tailgating with Jason on the weekend and I think they were going to stay at the Young house at least one night on the weekend. If Jason wouldn't miss a game for his wedding, would he miss a game by committing murder?

I apologize if this has been said before but when JY found out is wife was did, did he rush to get his daughter to make sure she was all right and safe, and stay with her because of the trauma she had been through with her beloved mother now dead? I feel I know the answer but would like confirmation.

He was in Brevard, which is in the mountains of NC. They left and came straight back to where CY (his daughter) was. He immediately went in and spent time with her. They did stop at a restaurant parking lot to make a couple of calls reference an attorney. There was no evidence that they stopped for dinner or procrastinated his departure from Brevard. It simply takes time to drive back to Raleigh from Brevard.

He did get to his daughter....

This is funny .. bumbling police officer that was taking a statement regarding the hit and run that my daughter witnessed this morning drove off while she was writing her statement and ... he still has her driver's license. That's a bit like the bumbling officers that took photos of the bathroom but didn't put a ruler in the photo to give scale to the prints.

Not seeing any correlation with the JY case...just criticizing LE

Hospital intake should have testified regarding the type of patients admitted to hospital that day, not a friend of the witness's wife that works at a hospital.

Shouldn't the defense have called them then? To rebut Shelly Schaads testimony? If they had evidence to the contrary, then it would be their responsiblity to call that witness. As it stands, Shelly's testimony of the black man with the leg injury stands as undisputed IMO.

Hey, THANK YOU, PJCITIZEN for finding and posting that part of the instructions. You're the best. I couldn't find it for the life of me.

moo. moo. moo.

Otto during closing arguments 3/1/12 you posted "I think he is toast". What has changed your mind if anything.

After paying attention to your posts it was impressive to see your statement at that point so just wondering where you are now. TIA

We don't even know where the accident occurred.

So how then can you refer to it as *evidence* in the trial. Undisputed evidence? It would be up to the defense to rebut the testimony of Shelly Schaad. The prosecution put it forth in their case in chief. The defense did not rebut it, yet you've listed it as *evidence* to be held in truth.

Otto during closing arguments 3/1/12 you posted "I think he is toast". What has changed your mind if anything.

After paying attention to your posts it was impressive to see your statement at that point so just wondering where you are now. TIA

I missed the later part of the prosecution's closing. I thought they did an excellent job of presenting the evidence in a linear, storytelling manner that demonstrated that each piece of evidence faciliated Jason committing the murder. I assumed that they also carefully addressed the gas issue that was unresolved at the end of the first trial, and didn't learn until later that evening that the prosecution simply said they didn't want to discuss the gas issues. That's a weakness in their case. They should have presented evidence that Jason committed the murder with, or without, the gas attendant testimony especially since her testimony was weak and contradicted her earlier testimony.

Not sure where it happened... But here in Columbus we have 23 hospitals.... If in an accident normally you are taken to the nearest hospital.. If they are busy they will transport you to the next nearest one...

They will also ask which one you prefer to go too... So the person could have went to any hospital...

There is evidence of attempted strangulation and evidence that after that failed, blunt force with a weapon occurred.

Could you cite that evidence please? That the first assault on Michelle was an attempted strangulation and not a 'knock out blow to the head'? I don't recall the testimony to which you are referring?

I missed the later part of the prosecution's closing. I thought they did an excellent job of presenting the evidence in a linear, storytelling manner that demonstrated that each piece of evidence faciliated Jason committing the murder. I assumed that they also carefully addressed the gas issue that was unresolved at the end of the first trial, and didn't learn until later that evening that the prosecution simply said they didn't want to discuss the gas issues. That's a weakness in their case. They should have presented evidence that Jason committed the murder with, or without, the gas attendant testimony especially since her testimony was weak and contradicted her earlier testimony.

Actually the PT said that there were many many gas stations en route that JY may have obtained gasoline - they didn't ignore it - they just didn't elaborate on something they could or could not prove. Nor could they prove he didn't take gasoline from his home gas can or if he did or didn't have one.

So you believe the PT case for guilty hangs on this one thing?

Thank you.

So how then can you refer to it as *evidence* in the trial. Undisputed evidence? It would be up to the defense to rebut the testimony of Shelly Schaad. The prosecution put it forth in their case in chief. The defense did not rebut it, yet you've listed it as *evidence* to be held in truth.

We knew that Jason search "head trauma" on the computer. That information was released well before either trial. That information made Jason look guilty. During trial, we heard testimony about that search with the implication that he may have done this while planning the murder.

Defense witness testmony proved, using information that the prosecution knew all along, that the prosecution was well aware of the fact that even Michelle knew about the accident that Jason witnessed. Jason explained that after the accident he was traumatized and searched the injuries suffered by the accident victim.

Are we to believe that Jason, the notoriously disorganized guy, search "head trauma" as part of his murderous plan, anticipated that the searches might be found, created an alibi by mentioning a fake accident to his wife and his wife then told others about this fake accident ... all to cover up the fact that Jason used his own computer to search head trauma? Why didn't he just go to the library to make the searches if he thought they might come back to him when he did the search?

Weakness?
You must have missed the evidence presented by Spivey as to gas mileage.
Even the defense admitted he could have made it back to King w/o running out of gas. Based on 20.3 MPG proven, he would have had a little over 1/2 gallon (enough to drive 10 more miles).

Actually the PT said that there were many many gas stations en route that JY may have obtained gasoline - they didn't ignore it - they just didn't elaborate on something they could or could not prove. Nor could they prove he didn't take gasoline from him home gas can or if he did or didn't have one.

So you believe the PT case for guilty hangs on this one thing?

Thank you.

You mean like the size 10 shoes? You know NOT proving JY wore the size 10 shoe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong