Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Are Divorcing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never saw what others saw in TC and I sure don't see anything in KH, nothing. As for SC, I see her as she presents herself, B-R-A-T! jmo

I can't buy into the 'Katie knew what she was getting into' scenario. Scientology is a very secretive cult. I had' heard' about it but only' learned' about it when I saw the creepy promotional video of TC in his 'black suit' that was leaked online. IMO but they most likely come off as nice folks until their followers are 'programmed'.

I do recall reading before the marriage took place that KH's parents were concerned about the influence of scientology on their daughter. I didn't know KH was the daughter of an atty. Thanks for the info, doubt!

I am really worried about Katie. The strain on her face has been evident for months now. And after reading about these mysterious men in suits parked in
SUVs outside her apt, I understand why she has been photographedin NYC so often lately with Suri in her arms. I would be holding onto my child too!

I applaud Katie for her courage and she and Suri are in my thoughts and prayers.

MOO

wm

Well, I think that little girl strongly resembles him. I don't doubt for a second he is the biological father-however that came about.

Before Katie married Tom she always had a smile on her face...all bright eyed and bushy tailed.

Those smiles dissipated quickly though.I don't think she realized just what she was getting into.

I went to a hairdresser a few years back whos co worker worked in LA. She told me TC is gay, under the radar but definitely gay, so this doesn't surprise me at all. I've known this piece of news for years. He apparently signed a contract with Nicole Kidman for a ten year marriage, that had nothing to do with "the norm" of marriage. Katie was in my city filming a movie years ago, before being married to Tom and I was told she is quite the uh hum......wild one. I think she really didn't understand what she was agreeing to when she married him.

Just as they surrounded her when she became a candidate for his wife, TC's Scientology team is no doubt tracking Katie and trying to divert her course.

Katie knew exactly what she was in for from the gate, so I do not peg her as blameless in this entire mess. Prior to her marriage to Cruise, she was a TV actress in a kids' series, and is still called a starlet to this day. Her acting work, whatever jobs her husband permitted her to take, has not been met with any kind of rave reviews either, to say the least.

She bargained...she got...and she will get plenty in the end. Plenty of fame, plenty of money, plenty of trouble.

I think it's likely the case will be moved to CA where the couple primarily resided. I do hope in that event, that she will be the primary custodian of little Suri who already appears to be bratty and sad, with no boundaries or guidance.

~jmo~

The case is quite unlikely to be moved to California. The first to file wins on jurisdiction. Katie Holmes has been living in New York state so jurisdiction is proper there. To move to CA, it would have to be proved that a) Katie has not been living in NY for the last 6 months or so or b) Tom already filed first, in CA.

touching on a few points mentioned above:

the reason people fall into scientology is the same reason people fall into any cult. psychological warfare...starts great and ends up a catastrophe. and it's not just for those who lack in the way of functioning brain cells. greta van susteren is a scieno and while i'm no fan, she's hardly dumb.

it's true that NK miscarried while associated with tommyboy. the first tiime was early on. the second time was just after he blindsided her with a divorce announcement. it is widely believed that the second child was the child of steven bing. no way the first one was a child conceived with tommy.

the reason NK has been distant from their adopted children is because tc is something like 3rd in command in scieno-land and the things those lunatics do to their own children, not to mention the people they've declared to be their enemies, are things you nor i can even imagine. the research is out there for the reading if you're interested.

KH is the daughter of an attorney who played a large hand in the writing of the pre-marital contract. her parents were distraught over the marriage to start with. she is a fortunate woman in that, despite being against it, her father was forward thinking and did what he could to protect her. apparently, she had been planning to leave for quite some time, and had purchased an apartment in new york prior to filing. i give her credit. she's got guts and more brains than i realized. taking on the scienos is nothing to smirk at and particularly when you happen to be mother to their golden-child. no doubt, KH's safety is at risk, as is her daughter's, as is her parents and anyone she cares about. the scienos are not averse to torturing and even killing people who defy them. they are not the cult that knocks kindly on your door, leaves a pamphlet, and goes away. not hardly.

as for parentage. no doubt suri is KH's bio mother. it is absolutely possible, whether folks believe it or not, that the father is not tc. in 3 marriages he didn't produce a child. his marriage to KH came only after auditioning several other actresses for the ''role,'' some of whom have even spoken of this. in reality, this pairing was likely the result of a pregnant, unmarried young woman of catholic upbringing who was swept up and carried off by a manipulative, deceiptful, cult member.....who just so happens to make a few women swoon with his fake grin and his fake charm.

movie stars can be evil, too.

jmo, moo, etc...

Kid looks more like Tom than Katie. I doubt he's gay or that Suri was conceived in some strange way or that Katie is in danger from scientologists.

I mean, perhaps they harvested his sperm and did IVF to make sure they were getting the most motile sperm he had. But I don't see anything in his history, except a tabloid rumor that was squelched after a lawsuit, to indicate he's not very much into women.

I just think he's a creep, controlling and likely very rigid and angry when challenged. Yuck.

As for danger from Scientologists, yes, they are scary and have posed a danger to various members, but Katie is no nobody who disappeared into a cult. She's followed non-stop by paparazzi, and is very high profile. Anything happens to her and scientology would be immediately suspected and they try to avoid any negative publicity ever.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/02/tom-cruise-katie-holmes-divorce-suri-scientology-sea-org/
The final straw in Katie Holmes' decision to file for divorce was that she was convinced Tom Cruise was going to send 6-year-old Suri away to a hardcore Scientology organization known as Sea Organization ... sources connected with Katie tell TMZ.

Sea Org, as it is known, is where the highest levels of Scientology are taught and kids as young as five can be sent to live there ... without their parents -- and our sources say Tom is a big fan.

I always thought it odd that when he filed for divorce from NK he said something akin to," she knows what she's done" I thought that the oddest thing to say - like a veiled threat damning her to say anything.

What are your thoughts and memory on that?

I always thought TC was controlling their adopted kids. Children shouldn't be considered property or the spoils of divorce.

'During the balance of December and thereafter the parties were intimate and she became pregnant by petitioner but lost the baby through a miscarriage.'

Miss Kidman says she urged Cruise not to go, but to have marriage counselling. He said his decision was final and went. The couple have two adopted children, Conor, six, and Isabella, eight.

The actor, who has said he wishes her well and promised to pay 'tens of millions' in support, appears to have hardened his stance in the light of her allegations.

His lawyer said Miss Kidman 'has always known exactly why the parties are divorcing'. That statement --reflecting Cruise's privately repeated mantra, 'Nicole knows why' raises the question of whether she was unfaithful. The Australian actress has already said the child she lost was Cruise's, and has denied rumoured affairs with leading men and others.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-43768/Nicole-I-begged-Tom-leave-me.html#ixzz1zTyRy13z

Yes, TC always claimed NK knew and implied the fault lay with her. To me that means nothing tho, as I have a feeling TC has a problem finding fault with himself for anything, ever.

I had the misfortune of having to watch one of those entertainment gossip shows last night as only sports was on the other channels. (No cable t.v. here.) They were showing lots of Katie and Tom stuff.

I really don't care who is straight, gay, bi, asexual or what religion they are.

I did want to point out, from someone that knows virtually nothing about these 2 stars, that Katie seemed REALLY young and naive when this dating/marriage began. However, it occurred to me that maybe she also had ulterior motives going in. (Yeah. Tom may have been told you need to remarry fast via some Holywood bigwig.) She was very young and not very well known. Maybe she chose this route for her own "secure" path to fast track it to fame. I really don't know.

Heck, they may have cared for each other and all the star gossip theories are just that. People fall out of love and divorce all the time, especially when one partner pushes the other too far, or if you gave gotten all you can from this relationship and it really cannot go any further but into daily dread, manipulation, and regret.

I have never understood why it is made a big deal when stars divorce. It seems to be part of the "presentation" plan these days anyway.

And has for him? He is on the downhill slide, no longer the young heart throb that he once was. But hey, the good news for him is that as his career and his looks fade away that we will never get depression, since he doesn't believe in it, lol!

RSS

This is so true, but the depression part. I really wonder if he hasn't always been depressed. After watching all that old footage last night, I really have to wonder if the "antics" (ie. jumping on couches, climbing structures, etc...)are just a cover up for depression that you don't want Hollywood to know about. Especially at his age with no more youthful glam roles to come. (Course I've always wondered if most actors/actresses aren't depressed b.c to me that is a lot of work to hide yourself from your own mind in.)

What worries me is the likes of TC taking Suri away from Katie via parental alienation. If the scientologists believe in treating babies like adults and letting them make their own decisions, they must have a lot of spoiled kids to deal with. But, I've seen Katie in photos seeming to not be letting Suri completely get her way (facial expression combined with a tantruming Suri). TC will likely continue to spoil her to death.

In my experience, the spoilers often win in the battle for the kid's heart. What Suri wants will be unlikely to sway a court at this point but when she's older, I can see the mother losing her to a manipulative Tom.

It appears sort of to have happened with NK's kids. They chose ultimately to spend most of their time with dad. In fact, I rarely hear of them hanging with mom at all at this point. I hope that's just because they liked CA better and all their friends were here, but I have my suspicions.

Though it’s been years since the pair has been seen in public together, Isabella insists their relationship has not been strained.

Isabella’s comments are a stark contrast from what her famous mother has said in the past about their dynamic.“My kids don't call me mommy, they don't even call me mom. They call me Nicole, which I hate and tell them off for it,” the Oscar-winning actress told U.K. TV show “GMTV” in 2007.
After Cruise’s split with Kidman in 2001, Isabella and her brother Connor (who is also adopted) chose to move into their father’s Beverly Hills mansion. Until recently, the siblings were living with Cruise, his new wife Katie Holmes and their daughter Suri. However, both Isabella and Connor, now 17, have since reportedly moved into their own home in Los Angeles.
"They live with Tom, which was their choice," Kidman said during a 2010 interview. "I'd love for them to live with us, but what can you do?"
http://articles.nydailynews.com/201...aith-margaret-keith-urban-isabella-and-connor

I figured that Katie wanted to divorce Tom because of how terrible his singing was in Rock of Ages. lol Seems like by now someone would have learned that Tom Cruise can not sing! We already learned he couldn't sing in Top Gun. lol I do feel bad for Suri.

I wish I knew how to copy & paste on this tablet. I just read that TC wanted Suri to go away on SEA ORG 'boot camp for scientology kids'. What is known about this? Did his other children have to go also?
i

I wish I knew how to copy & paste on this tablet. I just read that TC wanted Suri to go away on SEA ORG 'boot camp for scientology kids'. What is known about this? Did his other children have to go also?
i

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...se-scientology-organization-article-1.1106324

The actress was reportedly afraid her megastar husband was going to ship off 6-year-old Suri to an intense Scientology organization known as Sea Organization (or Sea Org), where children as young as five can live in the center without their parents and be taught the highest levels of the belief system.
According to TMZ.com, the couple had been arguing over their daughter’s indoctrination into Scientology and the Catholic-raised Holmes had fears over the wacky religion’s potential future impact on Suri. Sea Org was reportedly the last straw for the actress.

FWIW, I don't THINK Tom's older kids with Nicole Kidman were sent to this place, as from reports I have read, Nicole managed to keep Tom away from the Scientology for the most part during their marriage. He became much more enmeshed with the religion after their divorce.

Poor Katie - she is sure in for a fight. There's already rumours that she's being followed by Scientology vehicles.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/01/katie-holmes-tom-cruise-divorce-scientology/

From what I've seen of Tom, he likes to be in control, and for Katie to file for divorce and sole custody is surely gonna tick him off. I wish her well, and hope she and Suri come out of this okay.

MOO

Mel

Scientology has been known to go after it's critics and try to ruin them.

Well, I think that little girl strongly resembles him. I don't doubt for a second he is the biological father-however that came about.

I went to a hairdresser a few years back whos co worker worked in LA. She told me TC is gay, under the radar but definitely gay, so this doesn't surprise me at all. I've known this piece of news for years. He apparently signed a contract with Nicole Kidman for a ten year marriage, that had nothing to do with "the norm" of marriage. Katie was in my city filming a movie years ago, before being married to Tom and I was told she is quite the uh hum......wild one. I think she really didn't understand what she was agreeing to when she married him.

When the pregnancy was first announced John Stewart had a joke on the Daily Show that was something like this; The couple has decided that if it's a girl they'll name it after the mother and call her Katelyn. If it's a boy they'll name it after the father and call it In-Vitro. :laughcry:

Here's an open letter to Tom about the split; http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/02/scientologys_di.php

Part of the process in joining Scientology (from what I've heard) is that you sit down with a Scientologist and record all of your most personal thoughts and feelings. This enables them to sort of blackmail you if you try to leave. There is a theory that, that is the reason Tom and John Travolta will never leave.

Ah, yes, the much discussed "audits" common in Scientology. Supposedly akin to a "confession" in which you are to divulge anything and everything with confidence that it will never be revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth