CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, there are stairs. Someone had posted a realtors' link and the interior of the home/condo/whatever it is, was shown. The stairs are shown in one of the 5 or 6 pics on that site.

ETA: Yes, I know what you mean. Could he have fallen down the stairs? If he did, then why wouldn't Ross call 911?

Perhaps because it would blow his persona of the perfect parent slam out of the water? Especially if he himself knew that the reason the child fell was a direct result of poor supervision. It would ruin his image and clearly Ross is all about his image.

Perhaps because it would blow his persona of the perfect parent slam out of the water? Especially if he himself knew that the reason the child fell was a direct result of poor supervision. It would ruin his image and clearly Ross is all about his image.

You have a point there, Shutterfly.

I know this theory of an accident with a flipout is always pondered in these cases but it seems to me that an accident comes with shock, guilt, and grief. In cases where it was truly an accident those people seem to breakdown really really early in the investigation. They are not inherently cruel and evil so their normal human emotions get the best of them.

The cases like this one appears to be shaping up to be are only interested in avoiding punishment and culpability. If this was an *accident* I can only imagine it was one of those accidents where he didn't mean to kill them, just shake them, scare them, beat them, or shut them up, kind of an *accident*.

What if there was an "accident" of sorts and let's say, hypothetically, that the person in the role of the caretaker fit THIS description. Normal people flip and call 911. But how would THIS person likely react?

The Signs of a Sociopath
Some doctors call them sociopaths, others refer to them as psychopaths. Either way, the terms are used to describe individuals who have a range of personality disorders. These people are not certifiably mentally ill; they are biological carriers of socially and personally problematic traits. Such traits may have been manifested from childhood on in acts of cruelty to animals, property or people. These characteristics can disrupt relationships, create financial and emotional crises, and, at their worst, lead the person to callously undertake acts of vandalism, theft, rape or murder. Being aware what constitutes a sociopath can help one resist their charm and the errors inherent in establishing a life with them.

The Superficiality of Image
On the surface, sociopaths may, at first and even for a long time, appear to function smoothly. Their manners are impeccable; they are well groomed; they fulfill the codes of romance and courtship to a tee. They are likely to be eloquent talkers who lace their speech with impressive sounding facts and figures. They may be fun, laugh a lot, sweep their partner off their feet with their sweetness. They may also seem ambitious, driven, and fond of grand, impetuous schemes for their success. Unfortunately, this behavior is an act for the sociopath. It is simply a means to getting what they want without thought to future consequences or anyone's feelings.

The Absence of Feelings
The key trait of sociopaths is that they don't feel. They may seem to laugh or cry but they present with no depth of emotion. While easily provoked to frustration or rage, their display of feeling is little more than a momentary, isolated temper tantrum. To the sociopath, other people are tools to get them what they want: money, sex, a job or other possessions. They live in their own amoral world where nothing they do has any consequences and where they owe no one anything. They have no empathy. Thus, they elude all responsibility for their actions, and can easily turn the tables, blaming their partner without guilt or shame.

The Relentlessness of Deception
Sociopaths lie all the time. As they don't view their spouse as a thinking, feeling person, they do not see this behavior as wrong. Their only quest is to serve themselves and, if this entails lying, cheating or even murder, they will do so. If one catches them in lies, they are brilliant at changing the subject, placing the onus on the other person, denying their involvement or trying to make their spouse seem crazy. They are even good at deceiving the police and the court system; sociopaths rarely end up in prison for their actions.

The Impulsiveness of Action
Sociopathic individuals rarely plan ahead. They undertake actions on the basis of momentary whims, often devious ones. Every act seems isolated in its own amoral universe. Thus, they cannot keep promises or repair the damage they've caused to others. When they lie, cheat or steal, the act exists solely for them; they believe it should have no repercussions or real world effects. They often appear to have "forgotten" they did something shortly after it happened. Their need for excitement encourages them to get involved in one night stands, shady deals and ill advised engagements. They have no sense of commitment to their spouses, any children they may have together or the future.

Just sayin'

You Sleuths are having a great conversation - I can't resist saying this:

My impression is that Ross is a heightened narcissist - I'm sure he has 'no doubt' that he passed the lie detector test and has 'no doubt' that he has done nothing wrong. To me, he comes across as a martyr. How dare everyone question him! And how dare he not be respected!

My biggest question is motive..I asked yesterday if there was an insurance policy on the child. Now there are suggestions he was a stay at home mom, and may have hated it. He attended 2 classes at night while his pregnant fiance worked, took care of a physically disabled 5yo along with his 18mo sister. Ross drives a BMW while Jen takes public transportation with the kids. Yikes!!!

I don't see him admitting to any wrongdoing. How dare him put everyone through this terrible ordeal! :furious: I hope LE nail him. All of the above is only my opinion!

You Sleuths are having a great conversation - I can't resist saying this:

My impression is that Ross is a heightened narcissist - I'm sure he has 'no doubt' that he passed the lie detector test and has 'no doubt' that he has done nothing wrong. To me, he comes across as a martyr. How dare everyone question him! And how dare he not be respected!

My biggest question is motive..I asked yesterday if there was an insurance policy on the child. Now there are suggestions he was a stay at home mom, and may have hated it. He attended 2 classes at night while his pregnant fiance worked, took care of a physically disabled 5yo along with his 18mo sister. Ross drives a BMW while Jen takes public transportation with the kids. Yikes!!!

I don't see him admitting to any wrongdoing. How dare him put everyone through this terrible ordeal! :furious: I hope LE nail him. All of the above is only my opinion!

Totally agree. And depending on the evidence that he knows may be found eventually he will turn on Jennifer as soon as he gets the first inkling that the police don't find him as charming and convincing as he thinks he is.

What baffles me is how he has an attorney advising him and he is still meeting with detectives for interviews. Don't get me wrong, I am glad he is, but I am really curious what his lawyer is thinking and if it won't prove to be a problem when they try to use those statements.

Does anyone know if the attorney went to the tow yard with him?

impatientredhead In the video it is a she....not a he that they interviewed. I just seem to believe her more than LR right now. She has no reason to lie about not ever seeing LR drop the 2 kids off ever! JMHO

:angel:

I noticed in one interview LR said that Hassani was used to this routine (of waiting to be let in the back door) since they had been doing it for 4-6 months....but then later on in the interview he said they had done it "a couple of times" ...??? HUH??? Another discrepancy.

In the KTUV video I posted LE has taken their cells phones & some documents in a second search they did on their house. I don't know when that 2nd search was, but the pings must be leading them to where they are searching today.
Also the auto scrape yard said they did see a little boy crying in the car Y LR left without buying anything.

I'm am leaning that that cell pings are why they are searching the park today! I could be wrong, but my instinct says different! MHO

:angel:

Oh no. Hasanni was seen crying in the car at the scrap yard? I bet this is the last time anyone saw him alive.....
Back to the car parked in back of the shoe store: Does anyone know why LR left the trunk open? That makes no sense to me, either.

Totally agree. And depending on the evidence that he knows may be found eventually he will turn on Jennifer as soon as he gets the first inkling that the police don't find him as charming and convincing as he thinks he is.

What baffles me is how he has an attorney advising him and he is still meeting with detectives for interviews. Don't get me wrong, I am glad he is, but I am really curious what his lawyer is thinking and if it won't prove to be a problem when they try to use those statements.

Does anyone know if the attorney went to the tow yard with him?

Are you referring to Burris? The last I heard, they consulted him because they were concerned about being questioned by the police--have they officially retained an attorney now?

Thanks for that info Shutterfly. For some reason I thought he was running late and the trip to the front door wasn't his usual route. So walking to the front door and back is the way he always does this trip? TIA

He said he was running late. Where/when did we learn that he was an hour early ?
Whoa....if he SAID he was running late, but he was really early, that leaves me scratching my head, too, as far as his believability. So many things just don't add up....
Also, others have mentioned this, too: He didn't have time (even though he was early?) to stop and call to tell Jennifer he was on the way, but he was parked when he got in back of the store, why not call from there?
I'd love to see a time line of his day.

Are you referring to Burris? The last I heard, they consulted him because they were concerned about being questioned by the police--have they officially retained an attorney now?

I wonder if this attorney just wanted press? I find it very odd that he is discussing what he discussed with a prospective client, and I find his advice very odd as well.

Oakland attorney John Burris said Thursday that he was contacted earlier this week by Ross and Campbell because they were concerned about being questioned by police about the boy's disappearance.

The family "was surprised police tried to interrogate them, and I wanted to advise them that that is logical and they should not be dismayed by it," Burris said.

"They're emotionally traumatized, then the police start asking them questions that they thought were unduly aggressive, and I just wanted to make sure that they understood that and not be intimidated by it," he said.

ETA- He is a civil rights attorney and defense firm, specializing in rights violations, police misconduct, racial profiling, which makes the advise not to be dismayed by being aggressively interrogated? Oh and BTW the front page of his site has his book for sale.

Oh no. Hasanni was seen crying in the car at the scrap yard? I bet this is the last time anyone saw him alive.....
Back to the car parked in back of the shoe store: Does anyone know why LR left the trunk open? That makes no sense to me, either.

This would be a siting of Hassani after the family siting days before 911 is called, no? And what is he doing at a scrap yard? He has a newer model BMW and she takes the bus?

Burris said police took Ross to the wrecking yard and spoke with him for about an hour Friday before returning him to his home on Roxie Terrace.
"They wanted to find out what he knows," Burris said. "He was very cooperative."
Ross told Burris that he had gone to the yard looking for a car part. He was taking care of the children before dropping them off at the shoe store so he could go to a job orientation at Stanford Hospital Medical Center and then a medical assistant's class in Union City, Burris said.

He does say he has not been retained and is just advising, but I have found statements from three different days, talking to different reporters....

To take the stroller out?

And they likely wouldn't be allowed to keep the little girl.

I wonder if this attorney just wanted press? I find it very odd that he is discussing what he discussed with a prospective client, and I find his advice very odd as well.

Oakland attorney John Burris said Thursday that he was contacted earlier this week by Ross and Campbell because they were concerned about being questioned by police about the boy's disappearance.

The family "was surprised police tried to interrogate them, and I wanted to advise them that that is logical and they should not be dismayed by it," Burris said.

"They're emotionally traumatized, then the police start asking them questions that they thought were unduly aggressive, and I just wanted to make sure that they understood that and not be intimidated by it," he said.

ETA- He is a civil rights attorney and defense firm, specializing in rights violations, police misconduct, racial profiling, which makes the advise not to be dismayed by being aggressively interrogated? Oh and BTW the front page of his site has his book for sale.

I'm surprised that they're surprised that police wanted to interrogate them.
Does everything have to be about race ?
They think I did something to the kid because I'm black ??
How ridiculous.

The aunt states in one video that they (I suppose meaning she and Ross) had just gotten Hassani's room ready for him - that he was getting a new room. Well, if Hassani has been with the two of them for 9 months (she states this), where has he slept prior to that? Just seems an odd statement to make is all.

Your post respectfully snipped.

The new room could be an excuse for fresh paint...just sayin....

This would be a siting of Hassani after the family siting days before 911 is called, no? And what is he doing at a scrap yard? He has a newer model BMW and she takes the bus?

Yes--so this would prove he was still alive after Aug. 6-- I think something happened to him on Aug 10...I guess my point is that something made him cry, and it probably drove LR over the edge. Maybe LR made Hasanni cry because he was at wits' end, reprimanded him or whatever, and the whole situation escalated.

Seems like if he is doing things like going to scrap yards, LR probably is not employed and is a "mister mom" or whatever it's called. Unless he really is a "consultant" and has lots of free time.

I don't know if the fact that he has the car means anything negative about him--they may have decided that for convenience, with the 2 kids, and one of them disabled, he should have the car. Just guessing, of course. And still--taking a bus from Fremont to Oakland every day must be brutal!
It also just occurred to me...she would have had to get home on public transportation in the evenings with the children.....must be a nightmare with baby equipment in tow, etc.

To take the stroller out?

That occurred to me, too--but then, leaving the trunk open would be an invitation for someone to come over and look inside the trunk. Would leaving it open be an indication he was in panic mode?

Yes--so this would prove he was still alive after Aug. 6-- I think something happened to him on Aug 10...I guess my point is that something made him cry, and it probably drove LR over the edge. Maybe LR made Hasanni cry because he was at wits' end, reprimanded him or whatever, and the whole situation escalated.

Seems like if he is doing things like going to scrap yards, LR probably is not employed and is a "mister mom" or whatever it's called. Unless he really is a "consultant" and has lots of free time.

I don't know if the fact that he has the car means anything negative about him--they may have decided that for convenience, with the 2 kids, and one of them disabled, he should have the car. Just guessing, of course. And still--taking a bus from Fremont to Oakland every day must be brutal!
It also just occurred to me...she would have had to get home on public transportation in the evenings with the children.....must be a nightmare with baby equipment in tow, etc.

Just a thought but maybe her car was out of commission and he was going to fix it--hence the trip to junk yard. In the meantime she took the bus?

But I still don't understand a lot of things. When he tells Nancy Grace how they ended up with the children, he acts like they were just a family that his fiance wanted to help ---never even mentions that they were her niece and nephew. To me it kind of sounds like they didn't really want to take them either--"we basically agreed to take them". Also, if you take one child with you to the front, you take both--like he didn't want to leave the baby alone in car seat but it was okay to leave Hassani--wrong answer IMO! He says the braces are only on to create an arch for his foot--they didn't interfere with his walking--so why isn't he walking along?

And who gets laid off from work and continues to drive a BMW? Logic would tell me to sell it & get a couple decent used vehicles for both to use. (not to mention recently buying a 4 bedroom home- unless they had money from 2 individual homes that they put together, I guess) Note: that new bedroom for Hassani was because they recently moved into the home, so that statement is understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie