2011.05.16 Sidebar Thread (Juror Selection Day Seven)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG,
Nancy Grace just said the PJ with a book and cover lined up,was arrested ???

Are you sure, MissJames? I thought that was a teaser headline to make us think they were recent arrests. If I'm not mistaken, she was referring to 3 jurors with former arrests: 2 DUI's and the kid who was busted for drugs in TN.

Good point Strawberry, usually the victim impact statements is reserved for a surviving family member to finally get to speak of their loss, anger, frustration in order to have some semblance of closure.

Who is there to actually speak for Caylee when we know full well that the grandparents have made it clear by actions and testimony that they are more concerned over ICA then Caylee.

That child has nobody to stand up in court to give that impact statement except for the SA, or Ws'ers

I, too, saw the show this evening that showed the courtroom in Orlando and they were going through all the new technology. One thing that stood out to me was that the emphasized the monitors throughout the courtroom and said that spectators and media would be seeing everything that the jury sees on the monitors. So then I wondered if they will show Caylee's remains. On the one hand, I would like Casey to see them so we can see her reaction. On the other hand, I feel Casey saw Caylee at her worst (decomposing) and maybe seeing skeletal remains will elicit nothing.

I, too, saw the show this evening that showed the courtroom in Orlando and they were going through all the new technology. One thing that stood out to me was that the emphasized the monitors throughout the courtroom and said that spectators and media would be seeing everything that the jury sees on the monitors. So then I wondered if they will show Caylee's remains. On the one hand, I would like Casey to see them so we can see her reaction. On the other hand, I feel Casey saw Caylee at her worst (decomposing) and maybe seeing skeletal remains will elicit nothing.

They probably will show remains. Everyone in the courtroom will see the pictures, usually the case in my experience.

I think it is law cluciano.. he has been citing it since day one... including the alternate method he is using.. as well as each time he objects to a motion for cause...

I personally am not worried about it.. just moo..

But he talked about the # of alternates being 8 in the beginning and now says probably not that many. So what does the law read, I wonder? And if it not a set #, I think it should be, JMO.

her scale is just a measuring tool.. appeals? not so much imhoo..

(I might add that I found her question leading up to her scale confusing to many jurors and the record reflects this with their follow up questions, comments, and utternaces of confusion)

moo
I totally agree with you nursebeeme. I found the whole idea of a "scale" around the DP issue to be quite strange and the financial pj (with the back problems) stated it from my point of view exactly.

moo

The "mercy" question totally confused everyone asked as well. They may have well stated, "if we give you a really compelling sob-story about really horrible abuse, would you be willing to consider leniency?". An impossible question to answer without facts imo.

Oh that day will be something...wait for it...ICA attorney's will have to request for a recess for their client is clearly upset. Just wait for the fake tears, the passing out....what we saw the other day was a dress rehearsal to see how the judge will react, and how well ICA does her acting job.

I was wondering if she was innocently asking him who he was planning on striking and telling him who she was going after but not really be exactly truthful if you know what I mean. :great:
I don't believe that she would ever stoop so low.

moo

Good point Strawberry, usually the victim impact statements is reserved for a surviving family member to finally get to speak of their loss, anger, frustration in order to have some semblance of closure.

Who is there to actually speak for Caylee when we know full well that the grandparents have made it clear by actions and testimony that they are more concerned over ICA then Caylee.

That child has nobody to stand up in court to give that impact statement except for the SA, or Ws'ers
I know that if either CA or GA are allowed to speak for this portion I will be enraged...Regardless of their stance during the trial, they have already shown their true colors relative to Caylee over the past three years and they should not be allowed to make statements at this phase. I realize that the law may be in their favor on this count, but I can say that I will not be viewing or listening if they speak.

moo

Just to give everyone a heads up. The movie "Jumper" that Casey rented the night Caylee was murdered is playing right now on FX (Eastern time). In case anyone is interested.

TY Lola! Jumper
is a good show----------------------------

Also I want to say that every day I am watching u guys post when I am at work and I appreciate the photos of the courtroom antics and procedures etc..I love to see quotes!! Please post what people say sometimes everyone (posters) reacts but we dont know what to???? tia!!! wE loVE YOU POSTERS!!:great:

I missed a lot of the proceedings the past few days due to dr.'s appt.'s...long ones. Ughhh! I missed the ICA laugh a thon outbursts can someone point me to video or dish on it please???

I know that if either CA or GA are allowed to speak for this portion I will be enraged...Regardless of their stance during the trial, they have already shown their true colors relative to Caylee over the past three years and they should not be allowed to make statements at this phase. I realize that the law may be in their favor on this count, but I can say that I will not be viewing or listening if they speak.

moo

I was thinking that perhaps Caylee's great grandma, Shirley, might make a victim's impact statement.

I am wondering that, if Cindy were to make a victim's impact statement and then instead start supporting Casey, would anyone be able to stop her legally? Objection? Can HHJP stop her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie