Video of KC and Baez Crying together to be released UPDATE BAEZ THREATENS TO SUE

I got here late....let me just say this,

If Casey is innocent, I will share a red twizzler with Baez, whilst naked - sitting on a windmill - live on NG......the ONLY pain Casey feels is for herself.:twocents:

Hey, if she's innocent, I'll sit right up there with ya.

Why in the heck would JB be crying???? I don't get it.....:waitasec:

I can't find the link but remember back when she got indicted and the 2 minute hearing for her plea?

He looked more upset....... actually devastated than she did in that courtroom!
His face was all red and his eyes watery. She just stood next to him with the same blank stare as when she was arrested for the very first time. (When the judge told her she was a stranger to the truth!)

At the time it struck me as so odd........ even my DH noticed and commented about how totally upset her lawyer was compared to her!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...asey-anthony-jail-video-031109,0,937095.story

The Sentinel did a story on the contents of the video as well-the story indicates that Baez was wiping tears from his face and Anthony was visibly angry and unwilling to look at him.

WTH? Lover's quarrel???

What in God's name is going on here?

This just don't seem right to me that a lawyer is this emotionally enmeshed with his client!

I'm dumbfounded.

Something is quite WRONG here.

The Orlando Sentinel has learned Casey Anthony's attorney appeared to cry and wipe his eyes while meeting with her on Dec. 11 at the jail - the day the remains of a small child were found near the Anthony home.

The remains were later identified as those of Anthony's missing daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie Anthony.

Casey Anthony, however, seemed angry and had her arms crossed and looked away during the meeting, a source told the Sentinel.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office acknowledged a video tape exists.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...asey-anthony-jail-video-031109,0,937095.story

Ya just can't make things like this up......

I think Baez may have filed this motion for sanctions because he was taking a lead from a recent case in Broward County where prosecutors were actually removed from the proceedings.

A Broward County judge has halted a first-degree murder trial and ruled that two prosecutors engaged in prosecutorial misconduct by listening to taped jailhouse phone conversations between a murder defendant and his attorney... Miami Herald 1-6-09

In Martinez, the Broward County Case, the defense successfully argued that misconduct occurred when the prosecutors listened to the jail's intercepted recordings of conversations between defendant and his attorney:

“Under the facts of the case at bar the question then arises as to whether the defendant's use of the only telephone available to him while in custody could constitute a voluntary waiver of that privilege....

Does the agreement to recording of an attorney-client discussion rise to the level of a knowing and voluntary waiver of the privilege of the contents of the discussion under these facts? Must a defendant who remains in custody choose between waiving attorney-client privilege by using the only telephones available to him or not having any telephone communication with his lawyer? The answer to both these questions must be a resounding "no." Order in FL v. Martinez case discussed above.

The Martinez case seems different because the inmate/defendant had no alternative or "safe" phone line to use for atty-client communication. I think Baez could only hope to achieve a similar outcome if OCSD provided no secured areas where he and his client could communicate confidential information privately.

I think you're right!

----

my random thoughts:

I’m assuming this taped interaction between Casey and JB occurred in a public area or an area outside of the area designated for the private meetings between attorney and client. If so, case law in FL indicates the interaction would not be privileged:

“...defendant communicated with his lawyer in a prison cell where the defendant knew another inmate would overhear. The Florida Supreme Court concluded that the fact that the defendant knew his conversation would be overheard contradicted his contention that the conversation was confidential. The court held that because the defendant failed to take advantage of the jail’s private facilities for such meetings, he waived the privilege....” (Mobley v.FL, 1982)

It seems like JB files baby-step motions— filing the wrong motion in hopes of ultimately achieving an outcome best achieved with another motion. I don’t know if he does this out of ignorance or to make things seem more dramatic. :rolleyes:

Most importantly, Baez is the only person talking about this alleged tape. So we don’t know if prosecutors have even viewed the tape. It seems like Baez is also taking a lead from Casey and imagining that the proceedings are innately personal-- The SA is “mad at Casey:razz:” because she refused to take an alleged plea deal. Baez is miffed because the State is seeking disclosure about fee arrangements and media deals— he takes it personally:blushing: and decides to levy this oddly personal motion, attacking the SA for the conduct of OCSD.

IMO if the prosecution actually has this alleged tape, they’ll deal with it appropriately. If it seems to have been inadvertently or deliberately recorded in violation of attorney-client privilege, they probably won’t watch it and/or use it as evidence.

I think this is just another case of Baez talking about and publicizing issues he purportedly doesn't want within the public purview. I guess this is why the defense needed Todd Black?? :waitasec:
Excellent. Thank you for the update on recent caselaw in Florida. On an allegation of prosecutorial misconduct, wouldn't the complaint first have to be processed by a complaint to the elected States' Attorney and give notice to the Attorney General. Just had a matter that required notice to the Attorney General, which was not done. Then the investigation. Also, there is no showing that JB requested different accomodations -- room with no camera -- or that such a need to make a request was considered in the January 2009 case.
Agree with your analysis and thanks again for reporting the current state of the law. Sounds like this area of the law is going to take off with its evolution. If I were advising a County Sheriff in Florida, I would advise to set up attorney-client meeting area without cameras or microphones, but have attorneys sign waivers regarding security issues. Also place hot buttons in the rooms to call for help.

She was mad because they did not get the body moved.........

I can't find the link but remember back when she got indicted and the 2 minute hearing for her plea?

He looked more upset....... actually devastated than she did in that courtroom!
His face was all red and his eyes watery. She just stood next to him with the same blank stare as when she was arrested for the very first time. (When the judge told her she was a stranger to the truth!)

At the time it struck me as so odd........ even my DH noticed and commented about how totally upset her lawyer was compared to her!

It doesn't sound very professional to me for him to cry either in court that day or on Dec 11th. Do attorneys really get that emotional???

WTH? Lover's quarrel???

What in God's name is going on here?

This just don't seem right to me that a lawyer is this emotionally enmeshed with his client!

I'm dumbfounded.

Something is quite WRONG here.

Very strange behavior, I agree.

That's interesting, if true. Maybe, once she was sedated, she was just angry that her reaction was observed, or that Caylee was found, and read JB the riot act and made him cry. Baez gave an interview outside the jail that day, expressing his anger that he wasn't called and allowed to be the one to deliver the news to his client, even though that is not jail procedure.

JB does not have any history with KC prior to this case, correct? They have a very strange relationship IMO.......:waitasec:

The Orlando Sentinel has learned Casey Anthony's attorney appeared to cry and wipe his eyes while meeting with her on Dec. 11 at the jail - the day the remains of a small child were found near the Anthony home.

The remains were later identified as those of Anthony's missing daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie Anthony.

Casey Anthony, however, seemed angry and had her arms crossed and looked away during the meeting, a source told the Sentinel.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office acknowledged a video tape exists.

Ya just can't make things like this up......

She was angry cause JB brought the black licorice. If he really loved her, he'd remember that she only liked the red ones. :mad: Bad JB!

OK! :truce: I was only kidding. I'll go sit in the corner now! LOL!

I just have one comment regarding JB's tears and the indication that this is unprofessional. Sometimes, professionals get so exhausted their emotional control is weakened. Trial work, pretrial, trial and post-trial appeal assessment is draining. It leaves a person physically, emotionally and mentally exhausted. He should have excused himself to step back and get a grip, but being in the jail, off territory that he could control, probably made that seem difficult to do. He is still fairly new to the experience of being a trial attorney. This kind of ability to recognize what is happening in the midst of the heat of handling the current crises in the case comes with experience and builds through decades of experience. I'm not so critical of the tears without knowing more of the backdrop of the circumstances and the conversation -- which we will not know because that is privileged.

I just have one comment regarding JB's tears and the indication that this is unprofessional. Sometimes, professionals get so exhausted their emotional control is weakened. Trial work, pretrial, trial and post-trial appeal assessment is draining. It leaves a person physically, emotionally and mentally exhausted. He should have excused himself to step back and get a grip, but being in the jail, off territory that he could control, probably made that seem difficult to do. He is still fairly new to the experience of being a trial attorney. This kind of ability to recognize what is happening in the midst of the heat of handling the current crises in the case comes with experience and builds through decades of experience. I'm not so critical of the tears without knowing more of the backdrop of the circumstances and the conversation -- which we will not know because that is privileged.

ITA. Couple that with the fact that a child's remains had been discovered, and they belonged to your client. He could have believed KC's story and thought Caylee was alive. Anyone would feel compassion and sadness -- on the discovery of the remains alone.

JB does not have any history with KC prior to this case, correct? They have a very strange relationship IMO.......:waitasec:

Not that we know of......... but remember the many days and hours she spent at his office while out on bail and supposedly on house arrest???

But........ but, just imagine this happening in court during TRIAL???

There is a chance this could happen if he doesn't get a grip, imoo!

Why in the heck would JB be crying???? I don't get it.....:waitasec:

I'm no fan of JB or KC but what I don't get is why people are surprised that Baez was crying. JB is a human like all of us and probably thinks this whole story is sad and most likely knows that his client is guilty. He was crying b/c a 2 y.o. was found in the woods and although it hadn't been identified as Caylee yet we can assume that JB knew it was her just as we did. We can definately also assume that KC knew it was Caylee.

I remember judge Larry Seidlin getting very emotional over Anna Nicole. It's just sad to see a little baby murdered at a young age. If JB didn't cry over, then we should be questioning his humanity. He is after all a father also.

What a nice post! So much kinder than mine. LOL! I went for the cheap laugh and you empathised. You must be a nice person. Good for you, Themis. :)

He probably really did feel bad he wasn't there to tell her the news first and he definetly isn't experienced...If he were smart he would not let this case make him so emotional....or he'll end up duped like everyone else KC knows. His emotions could be giving KC the wrong advice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back