I found a handwriting match to the RN

Do you think Zodiac's handwriting resembles the RN?

• Total voters
I'm having some weirdness on the forums - last posts 'today' and yet the date in in January...also, this thread saying DeeDee is a 'last post' and it isn't - I clicked on 'DeeDee' in last post 'box' and it went to WhiteFang's user profile?! OOOOKAAY. Not sure what's up here. Anyone else having weirdness?

OK, so I have a feeling I'm being a total idiot. But, I just clicked on the 'did patsy do it/or involved' or some such thread that says 'irishmist' posted today - I click on last page & the last page is from 2005. ??

Are things being blocked from my little Osa eyes? Or what?

So, think I've figured out my idiocy - the reason there is a 'last post' is not that there was a post, but there was a vote on a poll - ?

Um, yeah, and I'm trying to figure this case out & can't even navigate a freakin' forum!:bang::doh:

Just to add a few more details to your news article:

Mr. JR rushed up his basement steps screaming for someone to call for an ambulance, while his wife, the little girl's mother(who also believed her child had been kidnapped for ransom) never left the sofa on which she had been sitting.

This is false. Patsy, too weak to walk, was carried into see the body and fell on top of her.

I believe, if I remember correctly, that it was Fleet White who called for someone to summons an ambulance, not "Mr. JR."

I'm having some weirdness on the forums - last posts 'today' and yet the date in in January...also, this thread saying DeeDee is a 'last post' and it isn't - I clicked on 'DeeDee' in last post 'box' and it went to WhiteFang's user profile?! OOOOKAAY. Not sure what's up here. Anyone else having weirdness?
Same here.

And like you, Jane, I figured out that people were voting on old polls which is causing old threads to come up and appear to have new posts.

Sorry, but Patsy wrote the note. May she RIP.

Yeah, she did.
And what are the odds that the author of the RN...AND PATSY...would make their lower case A's....like this....a, with a "hoodie"? Kinda "ironic" that they BOTH would make their a's like that, huh?? (It's not THAT common).

I believe, if I remember correctly, that it was Fleet White who called for someone to summons an ambulance, not "Mr. JR."

You are right...JR was too busy contaminating the evidence, by "trying to untie" her wrists, and taking off the blanket and the tape. He didn't have time to yell for someone to call an ambulance. Fleet is also the one that said..."WE FOUND HER!"....and then "CALL AN AMBULANCE!!" John also said that he let out some sort of shrill..."scream", but Fleet said that he didn't hear it. Maybe JR was screaming in his head.

Just to add a few more details to your news article:

Mr. JR rushed up his basement steps screaming for someone to call for an ambulance, while his wife, the little girl's mother(who also believed her child had been kidnapped for ransom) never left the sofa on which she had been sitting.

This is false. Patsy, too weak to walk, was carried into see the body and fell on top of her.

John didn't scream for anybody to call an ambulance. And...really...that is not the way that I heard it. Patsy was sitting on the couch looking through photo albums with friends...for whatever reason...and when she heard the words..."We found her, call an ambulance", she just sat there. Maybe she was just too "shocked" to move. Finally she did...but she didn't when Fleet yelled to call an ambulance. That is BEFORE her body was brought up by her dad, who succeeded in contaminating the crime scene. Why didn't she RUN to her daughter's aid. I mean...all Fleet said was..."We found her...call an ambulance"! She could have just been wounded...and needed her mother. That is what I would have thought if it had of been me...and then I would have been knocking people over, to get to her.

Ames,

I couldn't have said it any better.... Well done...

Interesting point about FW's actions. He WAS the one who said "We found her, call an ambulance". Then, according to witnesses (Arndt? I think so) FW picked up a phone, began to dial, then suddenly just stopped and put the phone down.
Though LE saw that, I don't know if FW was ever asked why he stopped dialing. No one thought to hit "redial" to see who it was.
I think any mother with a child thought to be kidnapped would FLY out of her chair hearing someone cry "we found her". After all, he didn't say "we found her BODY". It is like Patsy KNEW she was dead and really, really, REALLY didn't want to see her. Again. All the more reason for JR to throw an afghan over her body, to spare Patsy. JB obviously looked a bit different by then from the last time she'd seen her dead body.

John didn't scream for anybody to call an ambulance. And...really...that is not the way that I heard it. Patsy was sitting on the couch looking through photo albums with friends...for whatever reason...and when she heard the words..."We found her, call an ambulance", she just sat there. Maybe she was just too "shocked" to move. Finally she did...but she didn't when Fleet yelled to call an ambulance. That is BEFORE her body was brought up by her dad, who succeeded in contaminating the crime scene. Why didn't she RUN to her daughter's aid. I mean...all Fleet said was..."We found her...call an ambulance"! She could have just been wounded...and needed her mother. That is what I would have thought if it had of been me...and then I would have been knocking people over, to get to her.

Whilst I agree with what you are saying, I don't think us putting ourselves in that situation and saying "I would have done that" necessarily proves anything one way or the other.

I do, however, think Fleet's version of events is worth paying close attention to. I say that as, in my opinion, men in a similar situation would be more observant whereas women would be more emotionally involved...no more evident than in this forum where the biggest criticisms have been in placings one's self in Patsy's position.

Of course, I could be mistaken :innocent:

Whilst I agree with what you are saying, I don't think us putting ourselves in that situation and saying "I would have done that" necessarily proves anything one way or the other.

I do, however, think Fleet's version of events is worth paying close attention to. I say that as, in my opinion, men in a similar situation would be more observant whereas women would be more emotionally involved...no more evident than in this forum where the biggest criticisms have been in placings one's self in Patsy's position.

Of course, I could be mistaken :innocent:

I really don't have to put myself in Patsy's position. I don't know of ANY mother that when they heard the words "WE found her! Call an ambulance", would not have RAN to their daughter. (Fleet didn't say that she was dead. And you don't call an ambulance for a DEAD body....so as far as Patsy knew, JB could have been alive but injured....but still....her butt was planted firmly on that couch).

I really don't have to put myself in Patsy's position. I don't know of ANY mother that when they heard the words "WE found her! Call an ambulance", would not have RAN to their daughter. (Fleet didn't say that she was dead. And you don't call an ambulance for a DEAD body....so as far as Patsy knew, JB could have been alive but injured....but still....her butt was planted firmly on that couch).
Do we know that she just sat there? She didn't try to get up and run into the other room, but someone stopped her? I'm just trying to give a momma the benefit of the doubt here.

Do we know that she just sat there? She didn't try to get up and run into the other room, but someone stopped her? I'm just trying to give a momma the benefit of the doubt here.

"Turning away from those conjectures, however, Ramsey's actions immediately upon finding JonBenet are worth assessing. Her condition was such that she was obviously dead – up to having an odor of decay about her. Why not call the police down to the basement – as most people would? Most parents would immediately check for signs of life. If he was subliminally distressed that she was laying on the basement floor, then why take her upstairs and lay her on the foyer floor? Why not on the sofa? These are subtle, but important points. In fact, Det. Arndt seemed to be distressed at where JonBenet was laying, and she picked the body up and moved it by the Christmas tree (further contaminating the body insofar as fibers, etc., were concerned).
Before the body was found, Arndt also noticed something that seemed strange to her: JonBenet's parents had isolated themselves from each other. Patsy stayed in the sunroom, while John paced the dining room and den. Normally, during periods of high stress involving a child, police find that the parents cling to each other. Later when John Ramsey began walking up the stairs carrying JonBenet's body and Fleet White had shouted for someone to call an ambulance, Priscilla White and Barbara Fernie hurried toward the sound, but Patsy did not move from the couch."

---------------------------------------------

She eventually DID go in there, of course...and flung herself over JB's body. She came up AFTER JB's body was brought up by John, moved yet again, by Arndt to under the Christmas tree (even more contamination), and then covered up. NOT...when she heard Fleet yell to call an ambulance. This is my point. (Fleet yells..."WE'VE FOUND HER! CALL AN AMBULANCE".....John brings up the body, lays it on the floor....Ardnt didn't like where John had placed the body, so she moves it under the Christmas tree...of all places...the body is covered, and THEN Patsy decides to come in there....that is where I have a problem with this whole scene.)

As I said in my other post (I think all our quotes have gone wacky), taking note of this behaviour is one thing, but it isn't in itself evidence of any wrong doing or guilt.

It may seem strange to us (myself included) but I'm unconvinced it is fundamental to the drama at hand. She may have popped a tablet to calm herself, she may have been off in noddyland, who knows.

People are strange beasts and they don't always do what you suspect is normal.

You know, like killing your own child!

As I said in my other post (I think all our quotes have gone wacky), taking note of this behaviour is one thing, but it isn't in itself evidence of any wrong doing or guilt.

It may seem strange to us (myself included) but I'm unconvinced it is fundamental to the drama at hand. She may have popped a tablet to calm herself, she may have been off in noddyland, who knows.

People are strange beasts and they don't always do what you suspect is normal.

You know, like killing your own child!

I agree...these quotes are going wacko! If that was the ONLY strange behaviour from Patsy that night...then yeah, I would agree that one thing alone, does not constitute guilt.

The only two things which stand out for me in the Zodiac note are the cursive-style d's with the loops and the consistent use of the + sign for the word 'and', neither of which are in the Ramsey ransom note.

Yeah, she did.
And what are the odds that the author of the RN...AND PATSY...would make their lower case A's....like this....a, with a "hoodie"? Kinda "ironic" that they BOTH would make their a's like that, huh?? (It's not THAT common).

Writing a small a as such is very familar for anyone whose ever studied journalism or communication. It's a long story as to how and why this is done but before computers and word processors, a's were hand printed that way if you had to correct a word with a small a if you wrote an a as a capital A, it would be printed like that by the typesetter. So you were carefully when proof reading to make the a with the hood.

I graduated with a journalism degree back in the mid 70s and to this day I still print a small a to look like something a typewriter would make.
Hope I explained that well enough.

Writing a small a as such is very familar for anyone whose ever studied journalism or communication. It's a long story as to how and why this is done but before computers and word processors, a's were hand printed that way if you had to correct a word with a small a if you wrote an a as a capital A, it would be printed like that by the typesetter. So you were carefully when proof reading to make the a with the hood.

I graduated with a journalism degree back in the mid 70s and to this day I still print a small a to look like something a typewriter would make.
Hope I explained that well enough.

azwriter,
Well explained, now why is your forum name not quertywriter? Do you still proof-read?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back