TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's interesting. I hope that HS could at least rule him out if it wasn't him who grabbed her. She lives in a fairly remote area as well (from what I've read) and a guy grabbing you in the dark is NOT going to be there to rob you. I am not saying it's this guy, but I can't get past this attempted abduction just a couple of months before. Whoever it was probably was stalking HS first and then when this happened, he decided to stop stalking her and perhaps saw Holly somewhere and began to stalk her. I know that stalkers can stalk more than one person at a time. BTK stalked more than one and would just go to the next person if that one didn't pan out. He even broke into a woman's house that he was stalking, but she wasn't home that night. He sent her a letter afterwards telling her how lucky she was that she wasn't home.

Perhaps he does live in Holly's community, but I just am having trouble getting past the HS case.

I was just throwing it out there, because we just don't know if HS was stalked or was a target of someone wanting to abduct her. Clearly the guy was up to no good though, and I'm glad she came forward to the media to talk about it and hopefully focus LE on what happened.

i dont know, i have this feeling that what the brother saw must have looked totally natural & non threatening for him not to react negatively right away.

not sure if this makes sense but im thinking of it like say as a parent, when you hear your kids cry you instinctively know if it's one of those "this is bad i need to help" cries or just an "okay you can probably let them work that out" cries.

in hindsight they are saying she must have been "dragged out" (& i have seen this term being discussed as a figure of speech what have you) or that she would not have gone willingly - but i think instinctively if she was behaving even in slightest bit apprehensive i wonder if the brother would have picked up on that & reacted differently?
& not at all saying she went off willingly, but was maybe tricked somehow in a non threatening way?

& yet the blood:waitasec:

All I can say is that someone who lived a rural neighbor's distance away heard a scream/or screams that caused her such alarm that she called 911. She felt certain it was Holly.

All I can say is that someone who lived a rural neighbor's distance away heard a scream/or screams that caused her such alarm that she called 911. She felt certain it was Holly.

right, & that could very well be an important piece to the puzzle which could have occurred after she was seen talking to someone?

i was just responding to the thought that maybe she was taken by gunpoint, im not sure that fits, but what do i know.

See, isn't this one of the things we can't get LE to confirm? That the scream was Holly and the neighbor who heard it called 911?
I would love to know the sequence of events that morning and who beside's Clint placed a call to 911. Some people say it was Holly's mom.
idk idk

JMO - Very odd that they won't even disclose the timing or existence of 911 calls.

JMO - Very odd that they won't even disclose the timing or existence of 911 calls.

I know that there were some times released of 911 calls, but I am not sure that they were released by LE. The ONLY thing that has been verified thus far that I know of is that they found Holly's lunch box 8 miles from her house. Everything else has been rumor.

I think she would have put her things down if she was going into the woods on a pretense to help someone, i.e. and would have dropped the things if he had grabbed her from behind and surprised her...I think he most likely walked up to her with a weapon showing (I think he had a gun, even if blood came from something else) and that she froze, thereby still carrying lunch bag, purse, books, etc...and followed his orders.

I think she would have put her things down if she was going into the woods on a pretense to help someone, i.e. and would have dropped the things if he had grabbed her from behind and surprised her...I think he most likely walked up to her with a weapon showing (I think he had a gun, even if blood came from something else) and that she froze, thereby still carrying lunch bag, purse, books, etc...and followed his orders.

I agree with this. I think the best description was that she was "led by the arm" into the woods.

She would't drop everything if it was in a backpack to begin with and her purse was slung over her shoulder. He probably did have a gun tho. A lot more threatening IMO than a knife to get her to comply. If he cornered her in the carport then she didn't have anywhere to go either. So sad. :(

Great analysis!

She would't drop everything if it was in a backpack to begin with and her purse was slung over her shoulder. He probably did have a gun tho. A lot more threatening IMO than a knife to get her to comply. If he cornered her in the carport then she didn't have anywhere to go either. So sad. :(

I know LE mentioned for searchers to look for her purse, books, keys or a phone but I never heard mention of a backpack.

I have also heard/read this as well... I'm glad to see you say it because I cannot find where I heard/read it from. :banghead:

Maybe you had said it before and I just remember reading it from you?

I don't remember posting about that before, but I may have. It's well known around town that not everyone agreed to let their property be searched.

I don't remember posting about that before, but I may have. It's well known around town that not everyone agreed to let their property be searched.

That's not unusual, unfortunately. I've heard the same in other missing persons' cases as well. :( If it were me, I'll let them search all over my property, inside and out!

I respect the local residents' overall feelings and belief that Holly is alive and being held captive somewhere or secreted away, but I have to say, that as time passes, I can't quite understand it.

I truly hope that Holly is somehow still alive. Nothing would be more wonderful and amazing. I just can't figure out a plausible scenario where she is.

People keep mentioning Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Duggard and they are miraculous examples of survival, but they were also kidnapped as children. Elizabeth's abductor believed Elizabeth was one of his "wives", I think. In his mind, he wasn't harming her. Of course what he did was reprehensible, but I don't know if he ever planned to kill her. I think he was planning to keep her. I think Jaycee's situation was similar in that respect.

Can anyone who knows more about those 2 cases tell me if any of Elizabeth's or Jaycee's clothing or other personal items were found strewn about or discarded somewhere before the girls were found?

If the person who took Holly was motivated by obsession, jealousy, rage, or revenge, or all of the above, why would he keep her alive? I know that we don't know who took her or what the motive was, but I'm just speculating for the purposes of this discussion.

I hope I'm wrong and Holly is a live prisoner right now and will be found at any moment and returned to her family, but I just can't see how it's possible.

That's not unusual, unfortunately. I've heard the same in other missing persons' cases as well. :( If it were me, I'll let them search all over my property, inside and out!

I cannot imagine anyone refusing to let them search!!! Dang are they afraid LE will see what all they have???LOL, that just blows my mind...I would do anything in the world if I thought it would help find a missing person....search whatever I have!!!! Just makes no sense to me,IMO.

This is a dumb question considering I majored in CJ and my husband just finished his second year of law school, but he's asleep so I'll ask here instead - in cases where people refuse to let LE search their property, there's nothing that can be done without a warrant, right? Man, how frustrating! I mean, I understand they can't just make it mandatory that everyone lets LE on their property, but what if they had an entire neighborhood refuse? That's just too bad, and there's nothing they can do?

Yes Goldie LE would need to have probable cause to request a judge to issue a warrant to search the property.

I'm really sorry if you guys have discussed this already - I'm pretty time poor and don't always read all the postings on each thread.

However, has anyone given any thought as to *why* the only confirmed fact (other than that Holly is missing) was the information about her lunch box being found?

I've been racking my brain, and cannot come up with any suggestion as to why they confirmed that, but nothing else. There has to be a reason for it.

I'm really sorry if you guys have discussed this already - I'm pretty time poor and don't always read all the postings on each thread.

However, has anyone given any thought as to *why* the only confirmed fact (other than that Holly is missing) was the information about her lunch box being found?

I've been racking my brain, and cannot come up with any suggestion as to why they confirmed that, but nothing else. There has to be a reason for it.

I don't think it is anything mysterious...it was early days before other agencies came in and put the lid on any info coming out. I think that's all there is to that.

i dont know, i have this feeling that what the brother saw must have looked totally natural & non threatening for him not to react negatively right away.

not sure if this makes sense but im thinking of it like say as a parent, when you hear your kids cry you instinctively know if it's one of those "this is bad i need to help" cries or just an "okay you can probably let them work that out" cries.

in hindsight they are saying she must have been "dragged out" (& i have seen this term being discussed as a figure of speech what have you) or that she would not have gone willingly - but i think instinctively if she was behaving even in slightest bit apprehensive i wonder if the brother would have picked up on that & reacted differently?
& not at all saying she went off willingly, but was maybe tricked somehow in a non threatening way?

& yet the blood:waitasec:

I was listing out reasons earlier why I thought LE believed it was someone from the community, but left this one out. The reaction of the brother is a HUGE clue, IMO. If you've lived with someone for 20 years, and you see their behavior, you can read their reactions. I know for a fact that if I saw my sis talking with some creepy guy and she felt threatened/weirded out in the slightest, I would pick up on her non-verbal communication even if I was standing far away from her. The fact that the brother instinctively did not believe his sis was in immediate danger based on the few seconds he saw leads me to believe that, at least at that very moment he observed, Holly herself did not feel threatened. The only way that is possible, IMO, is if it was someone she had met before. Hunting season or no, some random person showing up on your property in the morning is suspicious, surely even to a sweet-natured girl from the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288