Nancy Grace - Monday, November 17, 2008

He was just itching to say it was the pizza IMO.

I agree..considering he said cheese(which is on pizza) and meat(which could be on pizza) and ham(which could also be on a meatlovers pizza) It appeared to me he was referencing pizza. JMO.

Something had to leak into the car to provide a food source for the maggots. Odor is not enough. So if it was frozen food or some other form or grocery, it had to be in there long enough in a leaky bag in order for nutrients to seep into the carpet.

However, Simon Birch's interview indicated the bag was light and basically had empty packaging, including an empty pizza box.

When AL picked up KC, he said she had some bags of food. Does not sound like anything was left in the trunk, and whatever she had was edible.

So there has to be another explanation.

KC could have kept putting frozen foods or ice in trunk if Caylee was in there for awhile like LE seems to think to help thinking it might keep her from decomposing or help odor until she could set car on fire. But then something went wrong.

Really, I think, given the obvious language barrier, that Lee was told about the pizza box, detergent box, and bag found in the trunk and he understood it as frozen food boxes.

I am not so sure, after listening to him tonight, that he has taken much time to go over the documents of what was found, where, etc.

Even processed food spoils, it just takes longer. Spoiled meat is spoiled meat.

Someone posted yesterday that the two chemicals found in human decomp where not included in the Body Farm test results. It seems that if spoiled food was in trunk the Body Farm would have taken that into account during the testing - I guess I'm confused.
He's saying frozen food boxes, but I'd like a clarification on what kind of frozen food, such as something with a lot of meat and cheese or frozen vegetables. :waitasec:

I know you didn't mean this the way I took it, but if only he could "dispose" of KC. LOL! :crazy:

Lol...must have been my true feelings leaking through.:crazy:

Even processed food spoils, it just takes longer. Spoiled meat is spoiled meat.

Someone posted yesterday that the two chemicals found in human decomp where not included in the Body Farm test results. It seems that if spoiled food was in trunk the Body Farm would have taken that into account during the testing - I guess I'm confused.

If it was the cadaverine and putriscene post, those chemicals are not specific to human decomp, they are produced by ALL animals during decomp, they wouldn't need to be mentioned because they would not narrow the list of possible sources of by even one item. Putriscene can also be found in live animals, in areas of infection.

Something had to leak into the car to provide a food source for the maggots. Odor is not enough. So if it was frozen food or some other form or grocery, it had to be in there long enough in a leaky bag in order for nutrients to seep into the carpet.

However, Simon Birch's interview indicated the bag was light and basically had empty packaging, including an empty pizza box.

When AL picked up KC, he said she had some bags of food. Does not sound like anything was left in the trunk, and whatever she had was edible.

So there has to be another explanation.

I don't recall Simon B saying the pizza box was empty.

If she used frozen foods or ice to keep Caylee's body cold, how much would that slow decomp and how much would that affect the 2.6 days of decomp?

Looks like I will be hitting google tonight.

If it was the cadaverine and putriscene post, those chemicals are not specific to human decomp, they are produced by ALL animals during decomp, they wouldn't need to be mentioned because they would not narrow the list of possible sources of by even one item. Putriscene can also be found in live animals, in areas of infection.

Thank you. I'm not sure what to think now. It seems like if rotted foods, or even boxes with traces of rotted food, were found in the trunk, LE would have frozen them to preserve the state of the evidence. If all that stuff was left inside the trunk to continue rotting, it's no wonder the trunk still smells.

Hi all. About the car, weren't we told that the car was taken apart piece by piece and that the defense was whining that there wouldn't be any evidence left? LE left them frozen food boxes? Would LE be obligated to put those frozen food boxes back in the trunk after dismantling the car?

Curiouser and curiouser...

I'm wondering the same thing. Why would they have left trash in the car after they inspected it for evidence. :waitasec:

I agree..considering he said cheese(which is on pizza) and meat(which could be on pizza) and ham(which could also be on a meatlovers pizza) It appeared to me he was referencing pizza. JMO.
Oh ~ that's the part where I couldn't understand him. Now it's much clearer!

I'm still trying to figure out what new evidence was found. Lee said they found new evidence....
Didn't LE go over this car with a fine tooth comb?
And it was my understanding that Lee was allowed to look at this car but not touch it (I heard that on news clips). Yet he found new evidence just by looking?
I wish I knew what this "new" evidence was.

And yes, I also thought the car had been cleaned out by the A's. Sheesh, what twists and turns.

trunk:

food, pizza, meat, ham, soda, maggots, all sorts of garbage in trunk

It was Spam, it was Spam -- the decomposing body was Spam since KC uses her trunk as a fridge for food!!!!

Thank you. I'm not sure what to think now. It seems like if rotted foods, or even boxes with traces of rotted food, were found in the trunk, LE would have frozen them to preserve the state of the evidence. If all that stuff was left inside the trunk to continue rotting, it's no wonder the trunk still smells.
I can't imagine LE would've left potential evidence still in the car. I thought I had read earlier that LE practically tore the car apart testing everything. :waitasec:

Maggots: Were probably still in the car after LE completed their work. They lived for awhile.
Lee did not say: LIVE maggots. I don't think.

Something really major would have to happen for the life cycle to just end while they are still in the maggot stage. They don't feed for a large portion of that transition. Something is not making sense, which of course is what the defense team wants, confusion, doubt.....

Pre-pupa

migrates away from the corpse seeking a suitable pupation site, (usually in soil)
does not feed
transforms into pupa
pre-pupa to pupa takes 4 days

Pupa

resides within puparium
undergoes transformation from larval body form adult fly
does not feed
pupa to emergence takes 10 days

Adult fly

mates on emergence from pupa
feeds on protein from body fluids
lays eggs on corpse
emergence to egg laying takes 2 days

Can anyone answer these questions..?

The Cross Hanging on the tree with the Beads at Blanchard Park

Does anybody know who took the Photo of the Cross that was showed to the female Bounty Hunter?

When was the photo taken?

Why was the Photo taken?

Also, why wasn't the area around the cross searched back when the photo was taken?

I wonder if Dr. Lee didn't just examine the evidence that had been in the car when law enforment examined it. Like, they put it in cold storage or something, it would seem counter productive to put anything like that back in the car.

Dr Lee says he examined the "whole car", not just the trunk. Said OSCO was very professional in allowing him access its contents. His search took "all day". Dr Lee says that there was "a lot of maggots, insect activity, larvae" and "frozen food boxes" still in trunk, but couldn't say what kind.

Oh darn He For got to mention that in the PS, trial..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackparsley
Back