Who Has Heard Burke's Voice on The 911 Tape?

Have You Heard Burke's Voice on 911 Tape??

• YES

Votes: 115 44.7%
  • NO

Votes: 82 31.9%
  • NOT SURE

Votes: 60 23.3%

• Total voters
Thanks for replying.
I don't think I phrased my post/questions in an understandable way - not unusual.

Going to work on being more clear.

Hi M. If I'm understanding you correctly, you are saying you don't believe Burke could be involved because of the words used in the call. I thought so as well until I thought about it long and hard (I did hear the call with the young person's voice). Let's pretend one or both parents found her dead (or near death) and immediately realized who had to have done it. There were only four people in the home. They set about staging the scene to spare their son from a sure prison sentence (they had no idea he could not be prosecuted). Then, while making that call, he walks in and asks "what did you find" (knowing full well what they found but wanting to know who they thought were responsible). Does this make sense? It's just something I have thought about now and again, not necessarily what I think happened, but do believe could have happened.

Hi M. If I'm understanding you correctly, you are saying you don't believe Burke could be involved because of the words used in the call.

###Thanks, JKbeck, I appreciate your response.
No, not anything he or they said during the call, but the idea that he was there for the call at all.
(I seem to have a knack for not typing my thoughts the way I'm thinking them.)

Sort of a disclaimer: I'm not saying I believe who or who did not do anything. I've no idea of any guilt, I can only speculate. Although, I do find it much harder to accuse/suspect little kids when they're the ones who need protected. That also isn't meant to imply that I think it's an impossibility - it has happened, and sadly, will again.

I thought so as well until I thought about it long and hard (I did hear the call with the young person's voice). Let's pretend one or both parents found her dead (or near death) and immediately realized who had to have done it.

###That's where I can't grasp the situation. No matter what, unless I caught one of my own in the act, I would never suspect them, come hell or high water, my thoughts would never veer in that direction. I would automatically assume an outsider - First - even if it seemed impossible. 911 would have been dialed before I had a chance to think one of my own could have done it.
If, on the other hand, I caught them in the act (and wanted to cover for them), there'd be no way that child would make an attempt to leave the confines where I left him - he'd be too scared of breathing too loud for me to hear. So, I can't picture that kid, hours later (during the 911 call), attempting to casually enter the scene, let alone ask questions.

This isn't a 'go to your room and think about what you've done' moment - this is a side of a parent a kid's never seen moment - a scary thing, unless you're dealing with Damien from The Omen.

Does this make sense? It's just something I have thought about now and again, not necessarily what I think happened, but do believe could have happened.

###I understand that everybody here wants to know what happened, and are leaving no stones unturned. But, for me, this doesn't seem to fit. I understand that my thoughts might anger people who believe he did it. But, I can't make it make sense, which is what I was trying to do by asking questions.

Ultimately, what is hardest for me grasp is that if the parents knew (for fact) that Burke had done this act hours beforehand that he was around to ask questions at the time of that call. Maybe something just hasn't 'clicked' for me.

Thanks again. I much appreciate that you didn't try to make an argument out of my questions. Just thinking out loud.
That's all.

Is this found in transcripts? I, for the life of me ...can remember reading this anywhere

I don't think it was in the depos. Was it maybe from DOI? Or a CNN transcript? Anyone remember?

Hi M. If I'm understanding you correctly, you are saying you don't believe Burke could be involved because of the words used in the call. I thought so as well until I thought about it long and hard (I did hear the call with the young person's voice). Let's pretend one or both parents found her dead (or near death) and immediately realized who had to have done it. There were only four people in the home. They set about staging the scene to spare their son from a sure prison sentence (they had no idea he could not be prosecuted). Then, while making that call, he walks in and asks "what did you find" (knowing full well what they found but wanting to know who they thought were responsible). Does this make sense? It's just something I have thought about now and again, not necessarily what I think happened, but do believe could have happened.
I understand what you're saying, because unless Burke heard 1 of them directly say, 'I found such & such', it wouldn't make much sense to ask what they had found. Maybe he heard them reporting that they had found the ransome note, & he was confused, because the words 'ransom note' wouldn't compute well, in every day life.

Yep...you hear a young male (Burke?) voice clearly saying..."What did you find?"..and then an older male (John?) voice clearly saying..."We are not speaking to you". It is extremely apparent to me...that Burke walked in on Patsy while she was talking to the 911 operator. As he was entering the room, he heard her say that she had found something...(the RN). So, he walks in and says.."what did you find?" I put question marks after their names...just because...I wasn't in the Ramsey home that morning...so I don't know for 100 percent sure but...I am assuming that there was not anyone else there at the time, and that it was indeed John and Burkes voice that I heard. I have never heard anything about there being other people in the home at the time the 911 call was placed. Just...Patsy, John and Burke.
I heard this tape also, & I remember thinking John sounded very angry with Burke. & why would they send him back to his room? the kidnapper might have still been in the house. I would think that while John was making the call, Patsy would've gone upstairs, grabbed Burke & run outside.

I understand what you're saying, because unless Burke heard 1 of them directly say, 'I found such & such', it wouldn't make much sense to ask what they had found. Maybe he heard them reporting that they had found the ransome note, & he was confused, because the words 'ransom note' wouldn't compute well, in every day life.

Yes, Dodie. That makes perfect sense to me. Didn't Patsy say in the call
"we found a note and our daughter's gone" or something to that effect? If he heard that, it would be reasonable for him to walk in and say "what did you find?". Still wondering why John would have said "we're not speaking to you". Looks to me like if they were so worried about their daughter, their son would have warranted a little kindness at that moment. I say that because I heard the 911 call with the additional voices and John's tone was not very nice (not to me anyway).

I'm thinking maybe a National Enquirer interview or something like that.
I just googled the National Enquirer interview, & although they did admit Burke was awake, this wasn't the source of the other information. In this article, John kept changing when Burke was awake...right after they found the note, to after the 911, then to before the 911. which is just plain aggravating.

I heard this tape also, & I remember thinking John sounded very angry with Burke. & why would they send him back to his room? the kidnapper might have still been in the house. I would think that while John was making the call, Patsy would've gone upstairs, grabbed Burke & run outside.

Well for one, they knew there was no real kidnapper or danger to BR. They wanted him away from their conversations and away from any LE activity. Otherwise why send him to the White's? Just keep him safe right with you in his own home.

Well for one, they knew there was no real kidnapper or danger to BR. They wanted him away from their conversations and away from any LE activity. Otherwise why send him to the White's? Just keep him safe right with you in his own home.

Yes, otherwise he might shoot down their claim that JB was asleep in the car, and asleep after arriving home and had to be carried up the stairs. Got to keep him quiet...he may tell them the truth, that JB was REALLY awake and not only walked in on her own....fully awake...but, also helped to bring in presents.

Kinda ironic how J says that the killing was "an inside job", and then later on in interviews totally throws the Whites' under the bus, and then promptly runs over them, but yet that night......sends Burke to stay with them.

Didn't John say that he would not have thought Fleet was capable, but Priscilla......
Shows right there he knew a woman was involved (said with sarcasm), we all know a woman was involved, just not that woman.

Remember,poor Mike Kane,this is the reason why he went so mad that he almost left(and I so agree with him),when LW blocked questions re this subject. (Atlanta 2000)

23 Q. Did they have any -- did you
24 discuss with them transporting Burke to
25 school?
1 A. No.
2 Q. Did you discuss with anybody
3 having a professional security person
4 transport Burke to school?
5 A. I don't know. John may have. I
6 don't know.
7 Q. How about you, though? You were
8 involved in discussions with the school and
9 with the school district and with the
10 principal, I believe, is that correct, about
11 security arrangements while Burke was in
12 school?
13 A. I think so, yes. I mean, part
14 of the concern was I wanted him protected,
15 but at the same time I didn't want him made
16 paranoid, you know. And he didn't want -- I
17 didn't want him -- he didn't like Tracy
18 Temple being there.

HUH?So what if he gets paranoid and doesn't like it,it's his LIFE we're talking about.

Re Susan Stine being his bodyguard (LOL)...that was trying to protect him from the media not the killer.

Interesting re Burke's protection.....J.Douglas told them it is not likely for the killer to strike again (and target Burke).But at the same time he was telling them it was someone close who wanted revenge.Well someone who hates John that much ....can't just assume he suddenly calmed down after killing JB.And BR needed protection even more if it was no stranger,I mean it could have been any of their friends,right,so you better hire professionals to guard him,not people who might be on the suspect list (for being your friends,close to you)

Re Susan Stine being his bodyguard (LOL)...that was trying to protect him from the media not the killer.

Right, Madeleine! Once again making sure Burke doesn't say anything he shouldn't. And one more thing that makes me believe the Stines know a lot about what happened.

7 I mean, you had a concern about
8 this person being out there and coming after
9 you and your family after the homicide?
10 A. Yes.
11 Q. All right. And I take it your
12 biggest concern was for Burke; is that
13 correct?
14 A. Yes.

But everything she says after this contradicts it!
And the argument between Wood and Kane that follows........says it all

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back