Billie texts Clint about trading custody for house

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Clint should counter her 'offer' with a visit to a lawyer.

If a divorce were to occur right now, BD has no children in her custody (CD has the baby), BD doesn't appear to have employment at the moment to maintain utilities and taxes (CD has his seasonal work).
With house prices currently in the toilet, Clint could probably buy BD out of any share she could obtain in the property, (By using the house as loan collateral).
BD can't get a remortgage because she doesn't have a J O B with which to make repayments.

IMHO - Clint should use this moment to make changes in his life direction, and having a home for DD to visit and his family to live would be step one in a process of putting his life back together.

BD obviously has such faith that everyone will keep her actions under wraps, that actually texting the message seemed okay to her.

I wonder what her texts with SA will reveal to LE?

She does not have either child at this time...this makes no sense.

Curious -- who is now paying support for DD? Is BJD paying for his day-to-day necessities even though he isn't in her custody.

Just another one of those things that make me go hmmmmm...

It depends on a lot of things. Starting with whether DD is voluntarily placed in the uncles home or if it was court ordered. If it's an actual foster care/kin ship care placement the uncle qualifies for medical insurance, food stamps etc.. for DD. IF that is the case then the state will come after BD for foster care support. I think the lowest it can go in our state is $100/mo. That is if the parents have zero income.

If true that Billie sent this text message to Clint, he should file divorce papers-yesterday.
I don't know what the "separation" details are in Texas, but they have not been living together for a few years.

If the house was property Clint received from an inheritance, perhaps Billie isn't entitled to half??

Do we know with certainty whether there is a mortgage on the house?

I hope Clint can get a lawyer pro-bono and sue her for divorce and custody asking the court to occupy the house and evict BD and kick her to the curb. Get awarded child support plus and see how BD does then. He is the main owner on the deed after all. sheesh...

Yep...Go for it!

:waitasec: On the day she was released from jail Billie said

"Clint (Hailey's father) and I are doing everything we can to look for her (Hailey).”

Ok so if they are now a team trying to find Hailey why couldn't she just discuss this in person with him? A text?

Making a deal about your children for a house is outrageous and without conscience. But doing it through a text message? I've never heard anything so coldhearted in my life.

The first thought I had after reading about the text message is that BJD is thinking of a way to get bond when she is arrested for the cp or Haileigh's disappearance. If she owns property, would she be able to sign her own property bond?

Yes. I agree that, if true, this is about Billie's future bond rather than attorney fees!

Sounds good to me if you don't particularly care for your children. You only need to give up something that you didn't have anyway and in exchange for nothing you get a free house and freedom of paying child support for your child that someone else will take care of.

Is there a transcript of the interview with Clint's brother? IIRC, I got the impression that Clint agreed to the offer.

Please tell me I am wrong!

:sick:

(there are no words...this makes me just sick.....Children are not Pawns or Bargaining chips to use to get things you want to trade like baseball card :banghead:)

Also does BD really think after all is said and done that she will ever get Parental rights to any of her children...

I guess in the bigger picture, this speaks to "tying up loose ends." Kids are gone, both have lawyers, Hailey may or may not ever be found (which makes it very easy for BD to manipulate CD as he is emotionally fragile), and Mr. Awesome can move back in to the re-decorated, wholly owned homestead and Cinderella can live happily ever after.

I'm getting flashbacks of Terri H. Systematically trying to remove every annoyance out of the way..children, husband, etc. in order to get what she wants and simply "wait for things to blow over." (Did SA say that or BD? Someone in this case did, IIRC).

As always, my opinion...

Is there a transcript of the interview with Clint's brother? IIRC, I got the impression that Clint agreed to the offer.

Please tell me I am wrong!

No transcript that I am aware of. IMO, Richy C wavered on this issue of the house exchange (rumor vs a reliable source).

On the issue of Billie redecorating H's room, BOTH Richy C and the host of BTBH stated that the information (redecoration) came from what each considered a reliable source.

On the BTBH interview with Richy C, I believe this was the point (house exchange/custody, no CS) in the interview when Richy verbalized his somewhat negative opinions about FB, MyS, cyberspace, journalists, etc.

Suzi, I believe (I am probably wrong as I am having severe memory problems from health issues) that Clint agreed to Billie staying in the house in exchange for not having to pay child support when they separated.

I do not recall Richie saying that Clint had agreed to this latest (bizarre, cold-hearted) offer.

Clint is and has been a father to DD. If he moves forward on divorcing Billie now, who knows whether or not he may have a shot at custody of DD.

Thanks guys. I feel a bit better.

I hope some attorney will embrace CD pro bono and put a stop to this nonsense. Isn't there legal aid or something for CD to do? This is just more garbage for CD to go thru vs looking for HD and should be the eye opener to BD's frame of mind now.

I hope some attorney will embrace CD pro bono and put a stop to this nonsense. Isn't there legal aid or something for CD to do? This is just more garbage for CD to go thru vs looking for HD and should be the eye opener to BD's frame of mind now.

It's one more thing for Billie and attorney to have to deal with. May rattle her a bit if she views a formal divorce as Clint abandoning her now. Spin it---it's business, Billie.

If I recall correctly, Richy C was wavering back and forth on the source (reliable/unreliable) of this information when he was asked about this on the BTBH Show.

Personally, I'd like to know the source of KBST AM's information. FB?

I was just going to post that the first I heard of it was from Richy the other night on the radio. I don't read the Facebook stuff.

Thank epiphany!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member